Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

DSM'er looking to get into an EVO

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2017, 01:04 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 813 Likes on 678 Posts
I had a black ITR. I'll never own another black car.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 01:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
I would gladly own a black ITR though, if one popped up.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 05:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, you all just convinced me to not buy black lol. My DSM was red and it looked good on a 2g but I don't feel red fits the EVO well. I don't plan on daily driving the car, maybe 4-5k miles a year and it will be garage kept. If its anything like my DSM, it will be broke more often than not.
Silver is too plain for me, I buy all my daily drivers in silver because it always looks clean even when its filthy. I definitely do not want yellow or blue, so all I am left with is WHITE which is my favorite color on a car. Pretty sure I need to just wait it out until a nice white one comes along for a decent price. 30k just seems insanely high to me for a 10 year old stock evo, regardless of the miles.
My other issue is that I find nice cars but they have rebuilt motors/r-title. I don't want any motor I didn't build myself unless it was built by a reputable shop. Any I def. don't want an r-title.
Im not sure how EVO owners are but DSMers can be cheap. Majority half *** builds and don't do things properly. I want things done properly, by me, with top quality parts.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 05:32 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 813 Likes on 678 Posts
I'm not a "fan" of red, but it looks amazing on a IX (black head and tail lights) with a JDM rear bumper cover.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 05:34 PM
Evolving Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
If you keep up with the maintenance they are very reliable. I've used mine on and off as a daily driver since I bought her in 2006 with many track days thrown in there.

You are going to have to determine if the previous owner was a cheap bastard and got substandard parts installed by morons. There are a lot of Evos out there with negligent owners that have abused their steeds.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 05:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by spoolin98
Well, you all just convinced me to not buy black lol. My DSM was red and it looked good on a 2g but I don't feel red fits the EVO well. I don't plan on daily driving the car, maybe 4-5k miles a year and it will be garage kept. If its anything like my DSM, it will be broke more often than not.
Silver is too plain for me, I buy all my daily drivers in silver because it always looks clean even when its filthy. I definitely do not want yellow or blue, so all I am left with is WHITE which is my favorite color on a car. Pretty sure I need to just wait it out until a nice white one comes along for a decent price. 30k just seems insanely high to me for a 10 year old stock evo, regardless of the miles.
My other issue is that I find nice cars but they have rebuilt motors/r-title. I don't want any motor I didn't build myself unless it was built by a reputable shop. Any I def. don't want an r-title.
Im not sure how EVO owners are but DSMers can be cheap. Majority half *** builds and don't do things properly. I want things done properly, by me, with top quality parts.
How about graphite grey? Like I said before, I've owned black, white, silver and grey... both of my Evos were grey, and I wouldn't have changed my decision if I could do it for a third time.

I'm not saying grey is the "best" (though I personally like it the most), but if it's a color you'd entertain, then it will only broaden your options. (White is my second favorite Evo color, and I possibly would have bought a white one the second time around, if they made the IX SE in white.)
Old Jan 2, 2017, 08:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The grey is an option, when I get desperate enough. Sticking to my guns for now, all about a white one!