Notices
Evo How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you're looking for a how-to on something, ask in here.

s-afc with dyno flash

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2003, 12:00 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question s-afc with dyno flash

Ok guys i need your help i just got my s-afc 2 and i also have the dyno flash stage rev and 0 and they said dont use the buschur settings so I was wondering if anyone could tell me some settings that would work so i wont blow up my car heh thanks guys
Old Dec 12, 2003, 12:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Ask Al. Most likely you should run the AFC zeroed out unless you can road tune or dyno tune with a broad range O2 sensor.

Keith
Old Dec 12, 2003, 11:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What I heard from someone with an SAFC and a dynoflash was to run it flat (0s across the board). At the track or whatever, you could add some race gas and lean it out a few percent to get a little better power.

I woudn't really try to lean it out much more if any, unless you could tune it on a dyno or with a wideband. Maybe you could compensate for weather, but be very careful.

Good luck,

FB
Old Dec 16, 2003, 06:05 PM
Evolving Member

thanks guys i still need to get it dynoed
Old Dec 16, 2003, 06:07 PM
Evolved Member

Nice, I was wondering about this myself for future refrence....
Old Dec 20, 2003, 11:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The SAFC is not tuneable without either a dyno or a wide band O2 sensor plus knock sensor. That's why I went for the custom dynoflash..... I guess if you had Al or another tuner who can do street tuning with the above instruments tune your SAFC properly, you will at worst granade your engine, and at best you'll do nothing at all. Well, maybe you'd get very lucky (about the same odds as picking a multimillion dollar lottery ticket) and accidentally enter just the right values for each of the 8 zones and gain a good bit of power, but that is sooooo farfetched as to be ridiculous.
That's why I sold my SAFC w/harness and all for a very cheap price...
Old Dec 22, 2003, 11:15 PM
Evolving Member

thanks man
Old Dec 25, 2003, 10:11 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by silverEVO8
The SAFC is not tuneable without either a dyno or a wide band O2 sensor plus knock sensor. That's why I went for the custom dynoflash..... I guess if you had Al or another tuner who can do street tuning with the above instruments tune your SAFC properly, you will at worst granade your engine, and at best you'll do nothing at all. Well, maybe you'd get very lucky (about the same odds as picking a multimillion dollar lottery ticket) and accidentally enter just the right values for each of the 8 zones and gain a good bit of power, but that is sooooo farfetched as to be ridiculous.
That's why I sold my SAFC w/harness and all for a very cheap price...
This has got to be the stupidest crock of bull**** I have ever ****ing read in my life. please keep your tuning advice out of the forums.

Its not farfetched at all. In fact, it take all of 10 minutes to learn to tune an afc with nothing but an egt guage. In FACT thats all RnR did to make 493. In fact, every single 4g63 in SD DSM, including all our 11 second cars, have never seen a wideband OR dyno in their life. And most of us run 20+ psi on engies with 100+k miles (I have 230k) and makes repeated track trips...

I learned to tune an SAFC when I was 17. If you can't tune one, don't try to change your oil...You'll **** it up.