Notices
Evo How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you're looking for a how-to on something, ask in here.

Schroth 4pt. Harness Install

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2004, 09:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^ yea do what he did..much easier than pulling out your seat, trust me.
Old Jul 29, 2004, 02:45 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks G.M. Moving the console makes the job very easy. With a long extension you can do the whole job with a ratchet. I also added a jumper in the seat belt circut, so the car always thinks the belt is buckled. No telling what the airbag controller would do if it thought the belt was unbuckled in an accident.
Old Jul 30, 2004, 11:30 AM

http://www.soloperformance.com/Deskt...09&selection=4 would these be the exact belts that the install guide was done with?
Old Jul 30, 2004, 08:10 PM
Evolving Member

That's the one. I got mine in blue to match the interior. Not even close to the same shade, but I think it looks cool. Soloracer.com has all the colors in stock.
Old Jul 31, 2004, 07:03 AM

Yeah, they look dope. Ordered mine yesterday, got the black harnesses with blue pads. Hoping it looks good with the blue cloth of the recaros.
Old Aug 2, 2004, 07:19 AM
Evolving Member

post some pics of the blue pads when you get it installed! I got the red pads just cause I found them on ebay and they were cheaper
Old Aug 2, 2004, 10:00 AM

Well do, when car gets back from shop at end of the week (woohoo, sunroof installation!) I will post some pics with the blue pads.
Old Aug 2, 2004, 10:56 AM

please help

okay I got sparco instead, as you can see through the picture, the mounting point of each belt are all screws instead of yours showing under sticky, Under the rear seats section, once I pull the seats out, there are no place for me to screw in, is there anything I can do to make this fit or I have to buy some other kind??? Help please.

Last edited by jason9080; Aug 2, 2004 at 10:59 AM.
Old Dec 6, 2004, 09:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Unfortunately you bought the hard core racer equipment - these would be bolted into a dedicated race vehicle. No big deal when you've built the rest of your vehicle, but.... unless you want to do some metal work on your Evo - NOT recommended.

The Schroths are made for installation in production vehicles, thus the proper mounting hardware.
Old Dec 6, 2004, 09:47 PM
Evolved Member

sweet. good install
Old Dec 6, 2004, 09:50 PM
Account Disabled

I too have the Scroth harnesses. Very nice set. Took me about a half hour to install, pretty simple. Fortunately for me I got them from a friend for $50 for 2! He had them in his E30 3 series when he first started autocrossing. Now it has been transformed into a roadcourse beast!
All I had to do was dust them off and put them on. I could use some pads though.
Old Dec 7, 2004, 12:03 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EJEvo
Unfortunately you bought the hard core racer equipment - these would be bolted into a dedicated race vehicle. No big deal when you've built the rest of your vehicle, but.... unless you want to do some metal work on your Evo - NOT recommended.

The Schroths are made for installation in production vehicles, thus the proper mounting hardware.
I'm sorry, but you are completely wrong. The belts shown in this photo are Sparco Clubman harnesses which are designed to be used in "non-competition" events. They have the clip-in mounting hardware attached to the harness and can be mounted in a similar manner to the Schroth harness.

Please visit our website or call our technical support line at (800) 224-RACE for assistance on installing the belts.

Thank you,
SPARCO
Old Dec 7, 2004, 03:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Don't be sorry - I spout complete garbage unwittingly from time-to-time.

Then why are there eye bolts attached to the ends of the belts? I'll grant you that they aren't meant for competition, since they lack a 5th or 6th belt. The Schroths have a simple plate attachment with which you bolt 'em in using the factory bolts. Unless those bolts are an exact match for the factory bolt, then how are you supposed to mount them with those bolt?

(Do I get some sort of prize when I reach the 5th time I'm completely wrong? Like "Ace' or something?)
Old Dec 12, 2004, 06:14 PM
Evolved Member

My guess is they are "clip ons", which can hook into either eye bolts, or "eye plates". All you need is the correct mounting hardware and it should work fine.
Old Dec 22, 2004, 01:27 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by GranMassaX
I'll be getting these exact same belts. About the pads, I'm very surprised to see how nice the purple pads look in the evo. I was thinking about getting blue or red pads, but now I have to consider purple too.... great... thanks

good job

Those were the blue pads (Not purple) BTW, 6 months and one AutoX season later. Belts still work great, and no problems at all. I am fairly certain that the sparco Belts would install the same, but would need to see them first hand to be sure. I did not notice a disconnect on the sparco Sholder belts, but there may very well be one. The thing I love about these belts over time now, is that the back selt is fully funtional when I stow them under the seat (daily driving).

Quick Reply: Schroth 4pt. Harness Install