Notices
Evo How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

03 Evo VIII Engine PS and AC Line Tuck

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2010, 04:46 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 Evo VIII Engine PS and AC Line Tuck

I am not sure if this is the right spot for this, but I don't mind if it gets moved to the correct spot. I am in the process of getting my AC and PS lines upgraded to braided lines as well as extending them and tucking them into my Passenger inner fender, behind the splash shield. I will post some pics of all the lines, fittings needed, and lengths that need to be extended. I started today by removing all the lines and taking them to a local company that makes Hydrolic lines. They were very helpful and after a couple hours we had everything needed ordered. I will be starting Friday on the actual tuck. My goal is to clean the entire Passenger side of my engine bay up by doing this, all for less than $300. I will also be using braided lines all the way from the rack to the PS cooler, back to the PS pump as well as from all the AC lines all the way from the firewall forward. Next will come a semi tuck to the Driverside in hopes of a semi tucked bay again for less than $300 and minimal down time.
-Jerry
Old Feb 10, 2010, 07:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yes please show pics of the process
Old Feb 10, 2010, 07:32 PM

Sweet. I love a clean engine bay. I'm looking forward to seeing this. Good luck.
Old Feb 10, 2010, 07:46 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks, I am going to give the exact measurements as well as Part Numbers here as well. Hope to see some others following the path with an easy cleanup
-Jerry
Old Feb 11, 2010, 02:28 AM
Evolving Member

+1 ask to make a sticky after all is said and done.

you the man!
Old Feb 11, 2010, 09:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Can't wait for the results.
Old Feb 11, 2010, 10:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
another member on here did a wire tuck and it ended up looking amazing...from the looks of it , it was extremely time consuming tho. search 'wire tuck' and u should find it. i sent him a pm asking about his procedure and parts used and he was very helpful...just something to remember in case you get hung up somewhere
Old Feb 11, 2010, 05:24 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks for the info. All my parts came into today, and the process starts tomorrow as long as I can get some free time in the shop. I am going to do this two ways for everyone wanting different looks. Being that I am doing this all in braided line, many would want that to be seen. I am going to do it all the normal routing, with the exception of all the lines being side by side neatly fastened or held together. The other way is tucked behind the splash shield. I plan on sticking with the fully tucked setup, but will show both in depth. Tomorrow I will get pictures of the bay with everything placed in its normal place, then show how to remove each. Then show it without everything, and some more pics of each line more in depth and a pre-design diagram of what will be going on. I am going to use some new Banjo fittings for this, but thats not a must. I am also using my OEM ports and sensor as well as the OEM aluminum AC ends as well as Firewall ends.

As for the price, it looks like with the PS cooler, I am going to be sitting right at $335-$340 pending nothing goes wrong. I went ahead and got lines made for my Fuel Rail to FPR and for my Fuel Inlet line to my Fuel Rail Inlet. Those prices are NOT included in the figures above. As soon as these get done I will be doing my radiator hoses and any other none braided hoses in my bay. The last step to my tuck will just be a semi wire tuck. I painted my tranny and transfer case black as well as a fresh coat on my block to help hide things. I did however use all brand new bolts in everything which gives a nice clean and new look. I am not sure how much I will have to extend yet, but its looking like I have a good bit of length to work with when some of the tape and loom is removed.

Lastly, I am in the process of getting a few rolls of military spec loom and wire. I figure that I might as well extend it the right way. If I get enough time, I will do my entire harness, but I am not going to commit to this just yet. I would like to have a shorter harness on my motor, something easier to hide and easier for pulling my motor on the fly.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 10:33 PM

i wanna see this!
Old Mar 19, 2010, 04:44 AM
Evolving Member

any updates?
Old Apr 13, 2010, 05:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
pics or BAN