Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

~EvoDube's RS Life/Build~

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2011, 10:50 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
~EvoDube's RS Life/Build~

First off i'd like to say thank you for checking out my thread. So let's get down to it.

ME AND MY EVO:

I first purchased my car in Jan 11, 2010. Bought it for a huge chunk of change which I wasn't thrilled with. I didn't do my research on it. I was new to buying cars and the Evo was my first standard (holy crap you must be thinking) lol. I bought the car BONE STOCK. Luckily (lol) the clutch was shot when I drove it.

So I ended up having to get it replaced, I went with a Exedy Stage 1 clutch. That was the first upgrade I put into it. I then decided that antenna is ugly so I replaced it with a Perrin short antenna. Later down the road I decided I didn't enjoy my tail-lights. I went on ebay and bought some JDM replica ones and they haven't had a problem since the day I installed them.

I was finally looking into getting into the Evo scene going to car meets and such. First one I went to a couple people came to my car and were like "Is that an Evo?" I replied, "Yeah it's stock though." His reply, "Yeah, it's still an Evo though." That made me smile haha.

I was browsing through the regional forum and I noticed SpecOps Motorsports was coming to my area. I decided to order some parts through them. I got a Walbro 255, ETS Short Route UICP/LICP, ETS 3.5" Intercooler, Tial QR, BC 276 Cams, ARP headstuds, Hallman Pro MBC, Mini-Battery, Ebay Downpipe, High-Flo cat, and Stewart Warner Boost Controller.

SpecOps Motorsports had found out while tuning my car that there was something wrong with my coils, so they tuned it with another Evo's coils and told me I needed to replace them before I could drive my car. So I went to a car meet and I had a friend of mine Heyzues, let me have his for free.

(Bigger pic of dyno sheet) http://i42.tinypic.com/21d0heb.jpg

I was having a problem with my AFRs for a little while, I had Freddie@SpecOpMotorsports look at it for me and he wasn't sure what the problem could be for sure. He suggested it could be the BOV spring, we replaced that and it still wasn't right. He said it could be the actual BOV. Later down the road I will explain what the problem was.

So I got out of the military and moved back home. I wasn't familiar with shops around here, so I joined the CT Evo FB and asked around if a shop can look to see what the problem can be with my AFRs being all over the place. I decided to go with Dynotech Tuning, and wow was I pleased.

They diagnosed that there was a lot wrong with it, not good for my pocket but it was good for my car. There was a problem with my starter which I had noticed when I first started my car it made an awkward noise. So they replaced that along with a Grimmspeed EBCS. They found multiple boost leaks, one which was in the BOV. Yeah, that's weird right. They gave me a video to explain what could of happened.

So I had to replace my Tial QR, and then they noticed there was still a leak somewhere. Adam@Dynotech was looking for hours to fix all the leaks, the next leak was the TB seals. Which really pissed me off because the dude who I bought it from on the EvoM forum said there wasn't any leaks. But I didn't let it bother me too much, Dynotech said it can be fixed with a kit they have. They finally fixed all the leaks and held to 33psi.

I would like to thank Jamie@Dynotech for taking a lot of time tuning my car to make it perfect. He spent a total of about 11 hours of tuning it. I told Dynotech initially that I had a limit of what I wanted to spend, they had to go a little above my limit but they did get everything fixed for me and for that I am now a grateful customer and will be doing business with them from now on.

That was the life of my Evo and I. Now I will show you the build:

WW Evo 8 RS

Evo 8 Turbo
BC 276 cams
ARP headstuds
ETS 3.5" Intercooler
ETS Short Route UICP/LICP
Grimmspeed EBCS
Tial QR
Perrin Intake
ETS Mini-battery
Walbro 255 fuel pump
Ebay downpipe
Blitz Catback

Stewart Warner Boost Controller
AEM AFR
Perrin Short Antenna
JDM replica Tail Lights

(Bigger pic of dyno sheet) http://i44.tinypic.com/b6924o.png

Future mods w/ DynoTech Tuning:
GSC S2's
GSC Beehive springs & retainers
jmf o2 dump
MAP EF4 stock frame turbo
BR Ported intake & exhaust manifold & throttle body
Exedy Twin Disc Clutch
BR Double pumper
Spoolinup COP
BR Evo 8/9 Oil/Vapor Catch Can
Tial Q
4" SD Intake

I'd like to give a shoutout to a few shops.

SpecOps Motorsports: Your customer service was spot on, you helped me with questions i've had while I was down in VA. Anyone who is in the local area I'd recommend going there. They recently got a new shop and it looks really nice.

DynoTech Tuning: The trip from where I am to where you are located should be closer! It won't be stopping me to come to you guys in the future. Looking real forward to coming to your shop again. Customer service on this shop is amazing, they gave me so many updates on what was going wrong and what was going right. Very cheap prices too.

Stay tuned for more updates

Last edited by Dube; Dec 19, 2011 at 10:54 AM.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 10:56 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Very nice! Welcome! I knwo youre not entirely new... But welcome! Check out the rs thread... Meet your family!
Old Dec 19, 2011, 11:16 AM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Nice evo, best of luck with it!
Old Dec 19, 2011, 01:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Very cool!
Old Dec 19, 2011, 02:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Awesome story!

Last edited by evoforstevo; Dec 19, 2011 at 07:57 PM.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 06:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 121 Likes on 105 Posts
Nice Numbers! Looks like the car makes good powah!
Old Dec 19, 2011, 09:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice story...I want a white RS
Old Dec 20, 2011, 06:15 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks for the support, going to be doing a lot with it.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 10:43 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats Dan, sorry I am only a one man show down in Jacksonville, with no spare parts on hand...Wish I could have been of more help to get you squared away... I am glad you found a new home with Dynotech, Jamie and company are great people, and on behalf of SpecOps we thank you for the review, and can't wait to see your future results!
Old Dec 20, 2011, 06:55 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Freddie@Spec-Ops
Congrats Dan, sorry I am only a one man show down in Jacksonville, with no spare parts on hand...Wish I could have been of more help to get you squared away... I am glad you found a new home with Dynotech, Jamie and company are great people, and on behalf of SpecOps we thank you for the review, and can't wait to see your future results!
You did the best you could do with the equipment you had and i'm thankful you at least took your time to look at it. I will keep you posted on the build
Old Dec 22, 2011, 12:10 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Thanks for the kind words Dan! Now to the important stuff when are we gonna gut it, put a cage in it, EF4 and go run some 9s

-Adam
Old Dec 23, 2011, 09:07 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Dynotech Tuning
Thanks for the kind words Dan! Now to the important stuff when are we gonna gut it, put a cage in it, EF4 and go run some 9s

-Adam
When I get a stable income