Notices
Evo Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Coil overs

Old Sep 25, 2018, 07:54 AM

Recieved 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone View Post
FA's aren't that great. I've ridden in a few cars with them. Pretty much felt marginally better than all the pick your color 36way Chinese dampers.
From FA site:
"The advanced suspension technology found in our dampers is derived from successes in World Challenge, Redline Time Attack, Formula Drift, One Lap of America, NASA Racing Series, along with being the official suspension supplier of Global Time Attack."
And according to you FA's coilovers design/quality is comparable to ebay chinese garbage? Ok lmao
Old Sep 25, 2018, 08:22 AM
Evolved Member

Recieved 668 Likes on 631 Posts
Lol shock dyno results. Most of you wouldn't even know how to apply the data to how the car is going to work.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 08:24 AM
kaj
Evolved Member

Recieved 278 Likes on 265 Posts
Originally Posted by Evo9isLife View Post
... yes, this is why I mentioned their shock dyno testing results they post on their site.
Ahh. I should have been more specific: results on track (lap times, for which I'm fine with FA) and, in the case of OP, street manners (Ohlins owns).
Old Sep 25, 2018, 08:25 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evo9isLife
From FA site:
"The advanced suspension technology found in our dampers is derived from successes in World Challenge, Redline Time Attack, Formula Drift, One Lap of America, NASA Racing Series, along with being the official suspension supplier of Global Time Attack."
And according to you FA's coilovers design/quality is comparable to ebay chinese garbage? Ok lmao
I mean. This a direct observation of riding in and driving a few cars equipped with FA's, and a few cars equipped with Ohlins. The Ohlins are better. You wouldn't understand until you drive a car with them...

Being the "official" whatever of a race series means you sponsor the race series. IE- give the series money and give out contingency prizes.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 08:25 AM
kaj
Evolved Member

Edit

Weird double post
Old Sep 25, 2018, 08:30 AM
Evolving Member

Recieved 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Ohlins, there is no substitute...
https://www.ohlins.com/product/road-...001-2008-ct9a/
Old Sep 25, 2018, 08:30 AM
Evolved Member

If you wanna bring up racing credentials, I think Ohlins has that on lock.
Attached Thumbnails Coil overs-photo73.jpg  
Old Sep 25, 2018, 09:27 AM
Evolved Member

Recieved 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by MinusPrevious View Post
If you step back & look at what FA has done, you really have to appreciate the business paradigm
  • Offer custom builds per customer spec (valving, spring rates & high level springs)
  • Customer service, anytime, over the phone
  • Rebuild / upgrade services
  • Offer a product line that is competitive with other high level suspension manufacturers
  • Continue to upgrade the product line
On a side note, You know FA has reversed engineered their competitors offerings & have dyno'd them
The rebuild price has jumped up considerably in the past 6 months. I had my FA coilovers rebuild a year ago and it cost 50 or so per corner. Low 200's. Now the cost of getting them all rebuilt cost 600 dollars now... One of the main reasons I went with FA was the low cost rebuild service but now being so high, I would've went ohlins or something since it'll probably cost the same for rebuilds.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 09:37 AM
kaj
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CaptainSquirts View Post
The rebuild price has jumped up considerably in the past 6 months. I had my FA coilovers rebuild a year ago and it cost 50 or so per corner. Low 200's. Now the cost of getting them all rebuilt cost 600 dollars now... One of the main reasons I went with FA was the low cost rebuild service but now being so high, I would've went ohlins or something since it'll probably cost the same for rebuilds.
Build a client base with introductory rates ,establish a name, then raise prices. Bummer. Rebuild cost was 50% the reason I was considering FA.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 09:44 AM
Evolved Member

Recieved 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by kaj View Post
Build a client base with introductory rates ,establish a name, then raise prices. Bummer. Rebuild cost was 50% the reason I was considering FA.
Remind me of the DENNIS system in It's Sunny in Philadelphia...

D- Demonstrate Value
E- Engage Physically
N- Nurture Dependence
N- Neglect Emotionally
I- Inspire Hope
S- Separate Entirely

The way to win any girl's heart.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 09:47 AM
kaj
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CaptainSquirts View Post
Remind me of the DENNIS system in It's Sunny in Philadelphia...

D- Demonstrate Value
E- Engage Physically
N- Nurture Dependence
N- Neglect Emotionally
I- Inspire Hope
S- Separate Entirely

The way to win any girl's heart.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 09:48 AM

Recieved 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone View Post
If you wanna bring up racing credentials, I think Ohlins has that on lock.
Im not arguing racing credentials, or even which coilover or manufacturer is "better" in general. Im defending FA on the basis of best bang for your buck which is what the OP is looking for. If FA500 is 8.5/10 and Ohlins is 10/10 I dont see how that extra 1.5/10 is worth another $800+ in the context of bang for your buck.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 09:52 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evo9isLife
Im not arguing racing credentials, or even which coilover or manufacturer is "better" in general. Im defending FA on the basis of best bang for your buck which is what the OP is looking for. If FA500 is 8.5/10 and Ohlins is 10/10 I dont see how that extra 1.5/10 is worth another $800+ in the context of bang for your buck.
If you're not arguing motorsports credentials, why did you bring it up? Did you not know that Ohlins is among the top manufacturers of motorsports dampers? And by top I mean REAL Motorsport.... Le Mans, Formula1, MotoGP, etc...

Sounds like you haven't driven on both in order to come to that conclusion.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 09:53 AM
kaj
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evo9isLife View Post
He also wants "streetable for daily driving". The best bang for the buck ,in that context, is Ohlins
Old Sep 25, 2018, 10:00 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kaj
He also wants "streetable for daily driving". The best bang for the buck ,in that context, is Ohlins
This. Ohlins have insanely good street manners.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.