Notices
Evo X Dyno Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

500 whp Evo X MR !!

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2010, 07:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
very nice
Old May 13, 2010, 06:52 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ohitisethan
keep us updated on how the car is doing i really wonder if the ssp trans clutch pack will hold at this power.
Jack's gone out and put some miles on the car in the last couple days, and everything is holding up great. No problems shifting, idling , or anything else. We are working on upping the anti lag to try and get out of the whole a little better. The oem 5k launch control isn't enough for this big turbo. I'd like to leave at 6500 to get a good 60ft. We'll just have to wait a couple weeks to see what it does at the track.
Old May 13, 2010, 09:20 AM
Evolving Member

i hope it holds together for you, its just a matter of time,

great numbers though
Old May 13, 2010, 09:55 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
I've been getting a couple PM's about the turbo kit on this vehicle. The Turbo kit is our 35R top mount turbo kit with the SSP GTK500 turbocharger.

Great Job Jack! Keep up the good work.

Thanks!

Michael
Old May 13, 2010, 10:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by murlo26
I really doubt it will have any problems...honestly i bet the stock clutch packs would hold at this level.

It is torque that is the problem not hp. As you can see they are still limited by the SST software. No one has ever been limited by the SST mechanically yet...just software.
to me it sounds like the clutches are having trouble (slight slipping after shift) with his 448hp pass in car vid. the last pass sounds not so firm shifts.
Old May 13, 2010, 10:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by 94AWDcoupe
to me it sounds like the clutches are having trouble (slight slipping after shift) with his 448hp pass in car vid. the last pass sounds not so firm shifts.
The sst feathers the clutch when it gets past target load by a certain percentage. It has some other limits that will cause it to dump the clutch completely. It will seem like clutch slipping, but it isnt. I have the same 500 hp ssp clutches in my car, and they are not slipping. I havent run to 8k on the dyno yet, but at 7100 I'm making 350+torque and 470+hp. I have many logs of them doing the protective opening thing, and they don't generally do it after 7k. 4300-5500 is the real "danger zone" for this, but I've had it happen at 6k as well. You gotta be paying attention when this happens. Fortunately it is preventable.

Tuning the MR on the edge, until someone figures out how to disable some of its self protective features, is touchy. On a gsr, if it gets cool, and you make more boost, great, you get a bit more power, and as long as you aren't lean, its not an issue. On an MR, you make a bit more power, and the clutches pop open on you at shifts, or in mid pull, and you gotta swap to a lower boost map. Fortunately these issues won't effect most people, because it's really hard, if not impossible, to hit those limits on the stock turbo.
Old May 15, 2010, 02:39 AM
Evolved Member

Nice build!
Old May 15, 2010, 07:16 AM
Account Disabled

congratulation
Old May 15, 2010, 07:26 AM
Evolving Member

Well we held the trophy for 400hp atw but the crown must be passed on
welldone the new line in the sand
Old May 15, 2010, 09:50 AM
Evolving Member

Very solid numbers. Congrats on the record!
Old May 15, 2010, 11:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
to the original poster...did you maxed out the stock turbo?? and if yes what was the torque and whp you made? and did your oem clutches died on you??
Old May 15, 2010, 03:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Very nice. Although I think the thing sounds kinda crappy with the straight pipe exhaust. That's gotta be annoying as hell on the street.
Old May 16, 2010, 12:25 AM

You're right about not having to worry about tranny with those numbers but its a good thing you built the engine otherwise you would have to worry.
Please keep us posted if you get past the delay off the line. I'm sure all mr owners are waiting for that to be figured out from the beast(that's you if you didn't know) to the complete stocker with a tune.
Old May 16, 2010, 07:44 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jrsimon27
to the original poster...did you maxed out the stock turbo?? and if yes what was the torque and whp you made? and did your oem clutches died on you??
No, I blew the stock turbo (debris fell into housing), upgraded to a FP Red (389 whp/331 tq) ran low 12's consistently, but my oem clutches were getting a bit worn from the abuse. I decided to get the SSP 400's, but blew 2 giant holes in my motor less then a week after the install. (long story/bad tune)

Originally Posted by project_skyline
Very nice. Although I think the thing sounds kinda crappy with the straight pipe exhaust. That's gotta be annoying as hell on the street.
I wanted it to sound as mean, loud, and obnoxious as possible. I have another car for a DD.
Old May 16, 2010, 09:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by kozmic27
The sst feathers the clutch when it gets past target load by a certain percentage. It has some other limits that will cause it to dump the clutch completely. It will seem like clutch slipping, but it isnt. I have the same 500 hp ssp clutches in my car, and they are not slipping. I havent run to 8k on the dyno yet, but at 7100 I'm making 350+torque and 470+hp. I have many logs of them doing the protective opening thing, and they don't generally do it after 7k. 4300-5500 is the real "danger zone" for this, but I've had it happen at 6k as well. You gotta be paying attention when this happens. Fortunately it is preventable.

Tuning the MR on the edge, until someone figures out how to disable some of its self protective features, is touchy. On a gsr, if it gets cool, and you make more boost, great, you get a bit more power, and as long as you aren't lean, its not an issue. On an MR, you make a bit more power, and the clutches pop open on you at shifts, or in mid pull, and you gotta swap to a lower boost map. Fortunately these issues won't effect most people, because it's really hard, if not impossible, to hit those limits on the stock turbo.
it seems like clutch slipping but its not??
when you feather the clutch in a manual trans the clutch is slipping. if clutch is slipping the plates are getting hot and wearing down. its no different in an auto. soft shifts or feathered shifts are hard on clutch plates. call in normal in thhe SST if you want but that is gonna kill those plates in short order..

Quick Reply: 500 whp Evo X MR !!