Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

New Speakers

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2009, 02:36 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question New Speakers

I have the factory base sound system (non-fosgate)

Will just new Infinity speakers make a big sound perfomance difference, or is a better amp required for better and more powerful door speakers. Also is it important to get both front and rear door speakers or can just front do?

Is the MR already wired for a plug-and-play subwoofer? I noticed the connection in the trunk...
Old Mar 27, 2009, 10:45 AM

The Infinity speakers will sound a little louder but you definitely will need a amp. also if you dont have a good head unit then you might need a audiocontrol lc7 which makes your speakers sound very clean.
Old Mar 29, 2009, 10:08 PM
Evolving Member

Just the speakers wont make a difference, because you wont have the power from your head unit to support the speakers. What you will need at the least is an aftermarket amp. To maximize sound you may want to get a aftermarket head unit as well. You will also need a wiring kit to power everything all up. But again just speakers is a waiste of money.
Old Apr 16, 2009, 07:27 AM
Evolving Member

Are these speakers maxed out? If I change the amp out will my system sound better? They say it has like 600 watts which does not sound it...
Old Apr 16, 2009, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by XEVOX08
Are these speakers maxed out? If I change the amp out will my system sound better? They say it has like 600 watts which does not sound it...
I don't believe they are. I have a amp on mine and it is freakin loud and non of them have blown so these speakers can handle some power.
Old May 3, 2009, 01:44 PM
Evolving Member

Man i need new speakers, I turn the volume up to the limit (45) and its still not enough with the windows rolled down
Old May 3, 2009, 07:51 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
in my srt i replaced all the speakers with infinity and i was satisfied with the increased sound quality but it wasn't much (if any) louder. i finally hooked up a 4ch amp and was extremely impressed with the speakers at that point. I am planning on doing the same thing with the evo. my wife even laughed at how bad the sound system was... and she has a mini
Old May 3, 2009, 08:36 PM
Evolving Member

I agree with the first few posters. One tip about audio though: Only setup 2 doors Ie: 2 tweeters 2 mids total in your car and then whatever subs. music is only 2 channel anyway so having the others only messes up your soundstage. Who cares about the people in the backseat anyway.

edit: Also when choosing your mids be cautious in how deep they are as the factory speakers (on the gsr anyway) are very shallow and use an odd (triangle if i remember) shapped mount. You may have to do some modification to the door to get a halfway decent speaker in there.

My installed made his own forms out of fiberglass to get the job done including vents for airflow and its covered as you dont want rain water collecting in there.

Last edited by solipsism; May 3, 2009 at 08:40 PM. Reason: additional info