Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Anyone with Android 7.0 or 7.1?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2017, 08:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone with Android 7.0 or 7.1?

Looking to see if anyone has this head unit yet? Any problems with it? Are you satisfied with it? Any add ons that are necessary?
Old Dec 7, 2017, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by UH-60Driver
Looking to see if anyone has this head unit yet? Any problems with it? Are you satisfied with it? Any add ons that are necessary?
Hi there!

Yes, I recently got a used Evo X with 56K km and I installed the new Nougat 7.1 Head Unit from Sygav.

So far it is working perfectly, had no problems with it whatsoever.

The only thing I would comment on is that some times you need to manually connect your phone with the BT, but my phone might be at fault here so I can't 100% blame it on the HU.

I've installed several apps on it, running perfectly until now...the only thing I'm looking to fix is the TPMS and what should I get in order to get it to work.

So, highly recommended.

When I find some time I'll do a video on it and make sure to post it here as well.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 10:34 AM

Will the steering wheel controls still work with these android head units?
Old Jan 22, 2018, 06:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 113 Likes on 101 Posts
I put the quad-core Sygav in my Wife's RA over the weekend. Everything, including the steering wheel controls, works perfectly with her Rockford Fostgate equipped car.

The quad-core running on 7.0 is a little slow (uninstalling/installing apps took a minute) but once running has been really good!
Old Mar 9, 2018, 02:24 PM

Talking

Originally Posted by UH-60Driver
I Will say this about the SYGAV head unit is that overall so much better then the stock head unit and a really good bang for your buck compared to everything else. But there are some problems I've had with it, first the unit can send too much power to your amp (if you have one) causing the audio to shut off for a min or so, you can shut off the head unit and turn it back on in order to restore the audio, also sometimes the head unit will turn on without audio working again turn off the head unit and turn it back on, takes about 5-10 sec after its been initially booted up. The next problem that I've had is figuring out the best way to have it connected to internet without using the hotspot feature from my phone, I tried a verizon 4g usb modem with no luck, the best answer to this was a hotspot that would sleep when the car is off and "wake up" whenever power was supplied to it. The next issue I've had with it is that I can't get it to work with the OBDLink MX bluetooth, It will show up in the list of bluetooth devices to connect to but isn't able to actually establish a connection. I was also trying to connect my AntiLaser Priority (radar/laser detector system) with no luck, emailed ALP about it and they blamed the head units bluetooth. Lastly I mostly like to use Waze as my primary GPS and there are glitches with Waze on this system, it will crash once in a while and take a couple try to get it to open again. I am being picky with the system but I would say this head unit is deff worth it
Old Mar 9, 2018, 02:30 PM

Yes the steering wheel buttons will work, as long as you select the right one, there is a different model between 2014-2015 evos and 2008-2013 as well as if you have the factory rockford fosgate amp. Just make sure you do your research and it will work!
Old Mar 9, 2018, 02:35 PM

If you guys have any more questions about this unit feel free to ask!