Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

BOV Issues

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2008, 03:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question BOV Issues

I seem to be having some issues with my BOV in around the 3000-3500 range. I got the AMS UICP installed on the car, and the way the BOV is mounted my stock hose is not long enough and will not allow me to recirculate it. So I have been venting atmospherically. When i run the car in the 3000-3500 rpm range I can hear air leaking without me letting up on the throttle. It also at times has caused the car to buck. I had the lines pressure tested and it was fine upto 30 psi. I realize that the stock BOV(which I have, is the best one) but mine appears to be leaking under 23-26psi. I have been told that APS makes a great aftermarket BOV, but the only one I have seen recirculates but also vents atmospherically through a two vent system. I've searched online and called up vendors but I haven't seen a pure DV through APS. Can anyone shine some light onto this?
Old Mar 17, 2008, 03:37 PM
Evolved Member

If your recirc hose isn't long enough, just buy a longer one. As far as the 50/50 valves go, they won't hurt you. As long as most metered air is returned into the system, it will run just like stock. My APS runs better then my stock VIII BOV.
Old Mar 17, 2008, 03:46 PM
Evolving Member

not tring to insult your intelligence here. but I got to ask. you say you here it leaking when you arent lifting off the gas pedal....are you sure you arent just hearing your turbo spoolling up.
Old Mar 17, 2008, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by RKT SHP
not tring to insult your intelligence here. but I got to ask. you say you here it leaking when you arent lifting off the gas pedal....are you sure you arent just hearing your turbo spoolling up.
Yeah I am positive it is not my turbo spooling. While it is hissing air it also drops the power from the car. It feels like I have a big boost leak because of the way it affects the car's performance. If I continue to slam the pedal down, it feels kinda like im towing a car behind me and then finally at around 4500-5000 acts normal and pulls again. Someone mentioned it could be because the car is non recirculative, so I ordered a samco flex hose because I can't seem to find a vacuum hose that will work. But I can't imagine why that would cause there to be a hissing sound.
Old Mar 17, 2008, 04:14 PM
Evolving Member

Aren't you talking about the LICP because on the X isn't the UICP the hot pipe off the turbo before the FMIC? This being opposite of the VIII and IX. The BOV doesn't mount in the AMS UICP but the LICP now. Then again ARE you talking about the IX in the X forums again? If you are then wrong section and Ignore my post.
Old Mar 20, 2008, 10:59 AM
Evolving Member

well depending on the mods that you have why dont you try the dealership and try and get it looked at under warranty
Old Mar 20, 2008, 02:07 PM
Evolving Member

you just have to buy i longer hose, its in the pis of the intake and the UICP. but you mite have to buy the ams intake too
Old Mar 20, 2008, 03:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Post pics I'd like to see more in detail as to what you're talking about so that there is no speculation