Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

272's on the stock valves/head

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2009, 04:45 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
xtremeboost, i was looking to install some cams as well as nitrous on my car to have the fastest stock turbo evo x. what would you recommend?
Old Apr 22, 2009, 06:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jmorris1027
xtremeboost, i was looking to install some cams as well as nitrous on my car to have the fastest stock turbo evo x. what would you recommend?
fastest, oh yea?

youll be racing against me!

just do meth injection though.. dont mess with nitros.
Old Apr 22, 2009, 06:15 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by jmorris1027

JIMMY !!!!!!! Dude I need to send you that wheel lock , send me that address so I can put it in the mail for you . Yeah , you may wanna stay away from the juice , just get the rest of the parts we've talked about and you'll be just fine . Keep in mind I was going around on a motor with bad pistons and bent valves and still ran 11.9 many times . We're still on bent valves but I think this coming week we're getting them in .

Old Apr 22, 2009, 06:16 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by meat_EVO
fastest, oh yea?

youll be racing against me!

just do meth injection though.. dont mess with nitros.
Get'em Justin !!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Apr 23, 2009, 04:58 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by xtremeboost
Yeah regardless what some may say about "safe rev limits" in the real world its called testing out the car so that we as a shop know 100% where the ACTUAL limits are to the stock parts and that has ZERO to do with a tuner !!! So , its great that we're able to give you and other FIRST hand account of the limits on these motors and because of our testing we're able to pass this first hand know-how along . Rev to about 7,800 and you will be just fine on stock springs .

you did a fine and great job to check out the limits of the x..thanks for the info and testing...
Old Apr 23, 2009, 05:18 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by xtremeboost
Well , like I had said before it looks as-if it will be best to go ahead and add-on some springs to be 100%% safe . We bent all the valves on our car reving to about 8,200 rpms and that was on 100% stock cams so its always best to play it safe and get some springs in there . We have a few sets of springs coming in this week hit me up if you want me to place a set aside for you ..

Was that on the stock turbo? If so, what was the boost pressure at 8k plus?

I spoke with gsc a long time ago about X cams and they told me the stock springs were too weak for even a mild cam grind. Not disagreeing with your findings, just thinking out loud that with an upgraded stock appearing turbo and a mild cam grind on the stock springs.... you could float the valves a good bit sooner due to the higher lift cams and more boost pressure in the upper rpm range...

To error on the side of caution, I don't think I would trust stock valve springs with an upgraded turbo at anything over the factory 7600 rpm rev limit.

Thanks again for the destructive testing info
Old Apr 23, 2009, 09:16 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by mad_VIII
Was that on the stock turbo? If so, what was the boost pressure at 8k plus?

I spoke with gsc a long time ago about X cams and they told me the stock springs were too weak for even a mild cam grind. Not disagreeing with your findings, just thinking out loud that with an upgraded stock appearing turbo and a mild cam grind on the stock springs.... you could float the valves a good bit sooner due to the higher lift cams and more boost pressure in the upper rpm range...

To error on the side of caution, I don't think I would trust stock valve springs with an upgraded turbo at anything over the factory 7600 rpm rev limit.

Thanks again for the destructive testing info

GSC is right in saying that , but I can assure you that the stocker springs are not good for reving over I'd say 8k !! I'm not saying that EVERYONE that revs pass that will get floating valves ( god knows I've been very well north of 8k many times ) , but what I am saying is that if you rev pass 8k and your valves float do not look surprised ! Yes yes , going with ANY aftermarket cam means you will need to change out the stock springs!!

NOTE: Yes this was on a 100% un-modded stock factory turbo , we have ran up to 30lbsat around 7,800 rpms .

Last edited by xtremeboost; Apr 23, 2009 at 09:22 AM.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 09:19 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by tonyboy
you did a fine and great job to check out the limits of the x..thanks for the info and testing...

thank you sir