Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Invidia TBE

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2011, 04:28 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Invidia TBE

Does anyone have the Invidia Q300 with the Invidia downpipe w/ high flow cat? If so can you help me out with some questions:

How loud is the exhaust?
Any drone at any speeds?
If theres drone, how bad is it?
Good construction?
Anyone have any problems at all with installing? after installing?

I'm looking into purchasing the exhaust this week. So any quick replies would be a lot of help!

-Thanks
Old Apr 5, 2011, 04:43 PM

I am also interested in this info.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 05:01 PM

youtube is your friend...this is it with dp and no cat. a high flow cat will quiet it only a bit, it will still be loud. not sure about drone as i have never owned one for an evo and their build quality is id check out perrin or even the buschur crossflow makes nice power and is pretty quiet with very little drone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKLCNXvsLZA
Old Apr 6, 2011, 10:39 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by killadan11
I am also interested in this info.
I just got word on the exhaust. People who own it say its loud but nothing unbearable. Very little drone, nothing crazy for daily driving. everyone who has it seems to love it. none of them have had any problems as well
Old Apr 7, 2011, 05:20 PM

i have this exhaust but without a cat and it drones alot, it should be better with a cat on it. i thought about going with another downpipe but im saving up tp get a new clutch for my MR.

hope that helps !
Old Apr 8, 2011, 06:29 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EVOXMR10
i have this exhaust but without a cat and it drones alot, it should be better with a cat on it. i thought about going with another downpipe but im saving up tp get a new clutch for my MR.

hope that helps !
yes thats what i heard as well. my downpipe will have a high flow cat for that very reason. plus for nj inspection purposes lol
Old Apr 8, 2011, 04:00 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EVOXMR10

hope that helps !
Exactly!! I had it without a cat, but it droned like crazy. Added a cat its perfect now...no drone and not too loud at all. Those who complain about quality, I have no idea what they are talking about. Perfect fit
Old Apr 8, 2011, 06:09 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sspeed
Exactly!! I had it without a cat, but it droned like crazy. Added a cat its perfect now...no drone and not too loud at all. Those who complain about quality, I have no idea what they are talking about. Perfect fit
thanks for the feedback! can't wait for al my stuff to come in.
Old Apr 9, 2011, 05:31 PM
Evolving Member

i just got my car back frm the collision center last night and luckily for me, insurance basically let me pick the parts i wanted, at least exhaust wise (rear ended by a 99 deville on st pattys day)..i decided to go for the invidia n1 as i was tired of the dual look..well long story short, there was fitment issues with my cnt racing dp/tp combo so they went ahead and ordered me an invidia dp with hfc...all i can say is wow!! the car sounds so much purer (only word i can think of to describe it ) very little drone when the rpms are dropping but it really growls when u get on it..i absolutely love it so far and it looks awesome !!
Old Apr 9, 2011, 08:39 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by laxplayer14
i just got my car back frm the collision center last night and luckily for me, insurance basically let me pick the parts i wanted, at least exhaust wise (rear ended by a 99 deville on st pattys day)..i decided to go for the invidia n1 as i was tired of the dual look..well long story short, there was fitment issues with my cnt racing dp/tp combo so they went ahead and ordered me an invidia dp with hfc...all i can say is wow!! the car sounds so much purer (only word i can think of to describe it ) very little drone when the rpms are dropping but it really growls when u get on it..i absolutely love it so far and it looks awesome !!
thanks a lot for the feedback. just watching videos on youtube of the exhaust in action makes my face melt. i cant imagine how it is in person. once i get everything and install it i will post pics and vids. good luck with your car as well