Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

ETS vs. AMS

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2011, 03:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ETS vs. AMS

i know, i'm a newbie and i do know how to search.
i come from the sti world, so i'm learning all the aftermarket parts for the evo.
i want to do the same brand theme throughout the car...so looking at ams products and ets products (both of which make the same parts).

coming from everyone's parts experiences, which do you prefer? i know ams is awesome, they make some good stuff for the sti. but i have not seen any ets stuff before (only the new stuff they have for the newer sti's).

so ets or ams? i want to do dp, test pipe, catback, intake, intercooler piping, the usual things. ets seems to really have nice things and the price isn't crazy.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 03:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 233 Likes on 209 Posts
either way you won't be disappointed, and i'd venture a guess that the difference in terms of power gain won't be anything significant
Old Sep 1, 2011, 04:03 PM
Evolving Member

Give Michael @ ETS a call and I'm pretty sure you will answer your own question.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 04:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^lmao

Give ANYBODY at AMS a call and I'm sure you can get your question answered and then some

As for AMS parts, I love all the cast stuff, cast end tanks on the intercooler, cast widemouth DP, cast manifold on the turbo kit, etc.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 04:19 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
I can go on and on about our parts and not to mention our lifetime warranty against any type of manufacturer defects. We stand behind everything we build and wouldn't let something leave our shop that we wouldn't put on our own cars.

We run exactly what we build, no special water/air intercoolers, custom drag motors. Everything is very attainable. Also... our customers make the same power we make, which is a huge benefit in my eyes.

If you want to see some testing we did check out this thread.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...ts-thread.html

Good thread on intercooler differences.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...ted-equal.html

This is an evo 8, but it's a great thread showing the gains of our intercooler w/o any other modifications.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...ml#post9443329

Any questions, let me know!

Thanks,

Michael
Old Sep 1, 2011, 04:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
both place has a big reputation, i think AMS actually edging out ETS. on that.

BUT , what i would do just get a quote from both and go with a better priced one.
Both shop would do a stellar job for you, specially at that level of modifications what you will do.

Rob

ps: dont pay attention on dyno's or "my buddy has one" comments, they are useless.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 06:24 PM

awesome. thanks for the input, keep them coming. i do like ETS' products from what i have seen so far. i like when parts match and mesh together well. i just see that ams and ets seem to make the most products all around for the evo, which is awesome. i want to get acquainted with the brands.

i did read that ets dyno post, very good info.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 07:06 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I love AMS parts and had/have many of their parts on my car/past cars but quite frankly, Ive been disappointed with how expensive their parts have become. I know their stuff is quality and most of the stuff they make is top notch, esp the widemouth dp, but I think its starting to get a bit over priced.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 07:36 PM
Evolving Member

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
I don't think you can go wrong with either. Since I live near ETS, they do a lot for the local Evo community and have a very good reputation. So they have vote.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 07:48 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can't go wrong with either. I'll be going with ETS for my DP, Test pipe, and UICP though as they are local and offer military discount
Old Sep 1, 2011, 07:59 PM
T6
Evolving Member

You really cannot go wrong with either. I have both ams and ets goodies. Love them both. For exhaust especially...ETS hands down.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 10:13 PM
Evolving Member

I know you from iwsti hah!
Old Sep 1, 2011, 10:13 PM

both are very good, but ETS won me over with their military discount
Old Sep 1, 2011, 11:58 PM
Evolving Member

ets and ams are the same quality. i prefer and run ets parts for two reasons. Mike can and will go out of his way to help you out in regards to pricing and customer service, The second reason i vote for ets is simply the price. The elevated premium that ams charges is not worth it in my eyes, I believe you are simply paying for the name and a little sticker to put on your car that says ams..

ETS exhaust is the meanest and nicest sounding exhaust ive heard, i get complements on my exhaust alot and people dont believe me when i tell them i only have bolt ons lol.
Old Sep 2, 2011, 12:15 AM

i'd go ebay quality items. they're cheap, ****ty and would most likely break on you. what else could you want? =]

AMS or ETS will give you a raging bon bon no matter what! =]

Quick Reply: ETS vs. AMS