Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

ACD Servie Required Light

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2012, 03:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ACD Servie Required Light

Ok my buddies got a 08 X with about 40k on it and the ACD service required light keeps coming on. It doesnt sound like the pumps making any whining noise or anything like that so I dont think its the pump. I was going to try to switch out the relay and see if that fixes the problem. I just wanted to make sure that I was changing the right relay. It is the one that is the larger black one to the left of the fuel pump relay right?
Old Jul 30, 2012, 03:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 275 Likes on 212 Posts
Originally Posted by RalliMark
Ok my buddies got a 08 X with about 40k on it and the ACD service required light keeps coming on. It doesnt sound like the pumps making any whining noise or anything like that so I dont think its the pump. I was going to try to switch out the relay and see if that fixes the problem. I just wanted to make sure that I was changing the right relay. It is the one that is the larger black one to the left of the fuel pump relay right?
Corroded pump makes no funny noises.. your buddy should get it checked over..
Old Jul 30, 2012, 06:08 AM
Evolved Member

the code only comes on when it is hot outside.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 06:32 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by armysoldier1073
My RA does the same when it's really hot outside. In the morning drive the dash is showing nothing. Just started last week. Had it flashed and was showing the C161E code. Now I have to bring it back to check the latest. In he afternoon when it's hot outside it'll flash TARMAC for 4 times and then it'll stay on as in normal. Drives fine.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 06:43 PM
Evolving Member

Acd

[QUOTE=armysoldier1073;10310460]the code only comes on when it is hot outside.[/QUOTE

My cars doing it. Had the clutch replaced back in April, they clamped the hydraulic lines during the install but didn't bleed the system. Now, on the 90+ degree days I get the 161e code with no other issues. When it's below 90, no light at all. I'm guessing there's an air bubble in the line that expands with high temps thus causing the acd light etc...
Old Jul 31, 2012, 07:37 PM
Evolved Member

This isnt Turps car its Marks that has the light out all the time not just in the heat. Im gonna try the relay as soon as he buys one. He also says theres no cell just the picture with the car with the front tires turned.
Old Aug 1, 2012, 01:59 AM
Evolved Member

CEL= check engine light. So he has no error code from his ecu? Does he have an AP or tuned on open source? Is his resivor in trunk full? The levels when car been parked is different that checking right when you stop.

Last edited by armysoldier1073; Aug 1, 2012 at 02:06 AM.
Old Aug 1, 2012, 02:15 AM
Evolved Member

CEL= check engine light. Is his resivor in trunk full? The levels when car been parked is different that checking right when you stop.
Old Aug 1, 2012, 03:23 PM
Evolving Member

stupid X

CEL= check engine light. Is his resivor in trunk full? The levels when car been parked is different that checking right when you stop.
Mine came on again today! This is FUN! Its like pulling the handle on a slot machine and seeing what pops up on my dash lol....
Old Aug 1, 2012, 04:22 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by RalliMark
This isnt Turps car its Marks that has the light out all the time not just in the heat. Im gonna try the relay as soon as he buys one. He also says theres no cell just the picture with the car with the front tires turned.
Just waiting for timing chain failure and diff pins to fail then I'll be COMPLETE! Whoo HOO. THe X is better how again???? Should be Evo -I not an X. LOL...
Old Aug 1, 2012, 10:30 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah I also worry about the timing chain strech and tranny exploded lol. Yeah no cel i didnt mean cell. Its just the picture in th middle of the dash the one with the drivetrain with the wheels turned. He said he checked the fluid and its good. When should he check t?
Old Aug 2, 2012, 04:19 AM
Evolved Member

He should wait for bout 20 min then check.if still good I would say relay or sensor. I the resivor there is a metal ring that goes around it. On or attached to it is a level sensor. It tells if fluid is low.
Old Aug 2, 2012, 08:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Note that a ACD/AYC system that needs to be bled will usually overfill the reservoir after some "spirited" driving, especially on a hot day. This is a dead give-away that the system needs to be bled, due to expansion of the air, as suggested above. If the reservoir appears to have less in it after hard driving, then just add a little fluid, instead. Do a bit more testing before paying for the complicated bleed if the level goes down when hot, instead of up.
Old Aug 2, 2012, 08:53 AM
Evolved Member

Got ya Ill have to ask him...wait 20 mins...like drive it then let it sit for 20 mins or drive it for 20 mins then check it?
Old Aug 2, 2012, 10:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
You check the level, then drive for 20 min (trying to find places where it's safe to be on it while turning, so that both the center and the AYC are using pressure), and then immediately check the level again. Just driving around calmly won't cut it, because neither the center nor rear kick in when just getting groceries. Also, some might argue that you should set the center to snow, to use more pressure, but that's overkill IMO.