Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Any previous 06-07 SI owners here

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2008, 11:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yea...exhausta nd things help on a turbocharged car and for the most part do little on a NA
Old Apr 19, 2008, 07:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Bighec
Just traded in my '06 Si for and '08 X. I was getting sick and tired of the Si, and I change cars roughly every two years. Hope fully I can break that habit with this car!!!
lol i got tired of si pretending and showing everyone that its fast
Old Apr 19, 2008, 09:13 PM
Evolved Member

I dont see what you guys liked so much about the Si, thing is horrible looking.
Old Apr 19, 2008, 09:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by importjake00
I dont see what you guys liked so much about the Si, thing is horrible looking.

On a purely aesthetic scale, I think the Si is even better looking than the X, and easily one of the best-looking cars under $30-40k. What it lacked in performance, it made up in style and comfort. Still, you won't find me taking it out of the garage over the X any time soon, unless it's on a long trip. My wife enjoys driving it now, though.

People have different tastes and opinions. No real surprise there.
Old Apr 22, 2008, 05:17 AM
Evolving Member

I deffinitly dont think that the SI is horrible looking but i DEFFINITLY think it doesnt look anywhere close to as good as the Evo X.........IMO
Old Apr 22, 2008, 01:17 PM
Evolved Member

I sell both cars, the evo garners much more attention .... But the si is a GREAT car for under $20k
Old Apr 22, 2008, 01:29 PM

I thought this said STi at first haha. Being dyslexic is great lol.
Old Apr 22, 2008, 01:55 PM

My girl friend drives a 2007 civic si. She likes it so we are working with it. Its her first brand new car . needs a turbo in a huge way. but that guy with the prelude all hooked up . Look how much money you had to spend just to make 245 whp. my evo 8 stock put down 245 to the wheels. So i say evo's all the way , but not so much the new evo x. mitsu got away from its rally street racer look . you didn't buy a evo for navi or a great sound system or plusher interior . no u bought it for awd , turbo and a 5 speed with all the bolt on parts in the world to stick on it. besides the car is 400 lbs more the a evo 8 or 9 . and alittle more then the RS. Also getting ride of the 4g63 i dunno we will see how that turns out when people really start throwing down some huge numbers . Also 291hp. okay time to get with it mitsu , lets see like 300 or even like 315 . I dunno I love my evo 8 , but just not thrilled where mitsu is heading in the future
Old Apr 22, 2008, 02:30 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Bighec
Just traded in my '06 Si for and '08 X. I was getting sick and tired of the Si, and I change cars roughly every two years. Hope fully I can break that habit with this car!!!
yep. the FWD, no low-end power, and poor reaction to mods did it for me. my Si coupe i had, felt like no power was added with bolt-ons and i got torched way too often by crap cars
Old Apr 22, 2008, 04:45 PM
ZK
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MrEvo2nv
My girl friend drives a 2007 civic si. She likes it so we are working with it. Its her first brand new car . needs a turbo in a huge way. but that guy with the prelude all hooked up . Look how much money you had to spend just to make 245 whp. my evo 8 stock put down 245 to the wheels. So i say evo's all the way , but not so much the new evo x. mitsu got away from its rally street racer look . you didn't buy a evo for navi or a great sound system or plusher interior . no u bought it for awd , turbo and a 5 speed with all the bolt on parts in the world to stick on it. besides the car is 400 lbs more the a evo 8 or 9 . and alittle more then the RS. Also getting ride of the 4g63 i dunno we will see how that turns out when people really start throwing down some huge numbers . Also 291hp. okay time to get with it mitsu , lets see like 300 or even like 315 . I dunno I love my evo 8 , but just not thrilled where mitsu is heading in the future

Can we use paragraphs, complete sentences and spelling? It was painful reading that.
Old Apr 22, 2008, 05:11 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tomatoEVO
yep. the FWD, no low-end power, and poor reaction to mods did it for me. my Si coupe i had, felt like no power was added with bolt-ons and i got torched way too often by crap cars
Yea, it's certainly no power monster. It's peaky and hard to keep it making max hp because you have to shift right before the rev limiter in every gear.

It's most decidedly no match for the Evo in any performance category.
Old Apr 23, 2008, 05:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have a 07 EX civic. I finished all the exterior mods ($3500), and was planning on doing the TIS turbo. That is impossible for me since in NJ it is completely illegal to remove or touch the cat, so I would fail inspection. So then I decided to get all the basic bolt ons--weapon header, tenabe exhaust, Fujita CAI, and NST pulley kit ($2000 or so). I looked at the dyno sheets last week of all of these on my car and it produces 10 HP...

I opened up an ING savings account yesterday lol. Putting $300 a week, so by November or December I can get the EVO X MR with $10k down and my trade in for probably around $14-$15k. I'll be with you guys soon!

And this is all possible because of a substantial income increase a few months ago, so whoever said that the EVO is for civic drivers who get more money now is right.
Old Apr 23, 2008, 09:34 PM

interestingly, I just got a 08 Si sedan in the boring silver color. Focus of the Si is totally different. You have to be a lot more precise in your shifting than the evo to extract decent performance out of it, otherwise it feels really slow.

Handling is of my Si is ok with the all-seasons, but a whole lot better now that I've replaced them with summer Dunlop Z1's. Suspension is a bit too floaty and soft, esp on the highway. Steering is precise, but also nothing like what you have on an evo. Overall the car does everything well in a balanced way. It also gets good mpg, and its also very comfortable as a DD. However, it cannot compare to the evo X if you're looking at it from a performance standpoint.

I also agree its not worth it to spend too much money on an Si. Personally I think a set of sticker tires, slightly stiffer springs from the $500 HFP suspension pkg, a CAI, and a hondata reflash should make for a great overall pkg. Tbh - I like the similarly priced mazdaspeed 3 more, but the added cost of insurance premiums and gas made it less practical of a choice.

The Si is the pefect dd for me, b/c it's a very practical, yet still fun car to drive around in. I also see myself getting a lot less tickets with it, vs. the evo.