Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Should I get EVO X or wait for Nissan 370Z

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2008, 03:10 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am not diggin he new Z at all.....

But, I definitely say wait it out a bit longer till newer models come out
Old Oct 15, 2008, 03:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Oh... and spend less than $1,500 with UR (o2 housing, downpipe, test pipe, exhaust and intake) and here's the X dyno:

Think that much extra power will make up for the weight?

(yes I know, Pirelli, poder es nada sin control)
Old Oct 15, 2008, 03:20 PM
Evolving Member

I own both, and they are two different worlds completely.

I just took my GSR to Sebring and had a blast. Nothing like ALL WHEEL DRIVE around the track. I tracked my Z for 2 years (and enjoyed every minute of it) before deciding to try out an Evo.

I have to say I dont regret buying it. The only thing lost is the gunning it in the straights. But instead I start slamming the gas earlier in the turns. Which I guess more speed coming out of the turns would be better.

Clubs rank a 350Z in C Class and the Evos in B. So the new one at most is going to be B. And this is a bunch of racers trying to fit cars in a way to make the playing field even.

Its two different styles of driving and living. Do you need a back seat? Can you handle only rear wheel drive in the rain?

Either one is a great choice if it suits what you r looking for.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by Gators2001; Oct 15, 2008 at 03:22 PM.
Old Oct 15, 2008, 04:35 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Gators2001
Its two different styles of driving and living. Do you need a back seat? Can you handle only rear wheel drive in the rain?

Either one is a great choice if it suits what you r looking for.

Just my 2 cents.
+1
Old Oct 15, 2008, 05:24 PM
Evolving Member

dude.. i am selling my 350z now for an X. I had three subaru sti's before this and just always wanted to own a Z. The Z is nice for city driving where a lot of the power is down below and also on a long highway where you can feel the diff displacement makes. But let me tell you... if you have ever owned a FI car.. you will miss the boost as i did... it took so long to get accustomed to this extremely flat torque curve.. i almost used to wait on the power and you have to drive the car hard all the time to get the most out of it... the 350 z looks better by a mile but it is also the most inconvenient car i have ever owned and i am niether married nor have kids but you can always use a backseat when you think you need it the least.. its a pain in the ****.. trust me...

i also think the car is harder to harness power out of without the use of a turbo... engine sounds bess thouugh

its up to you.. but i am selling my JDM 350Z to buy a JDM X
Old Oct 15, 2008, 05:46 PM
Evolving Member

Get the 370Z! The 370Z pulls 3 g's around the corner and comes with Nissan awsome warrnty just like the new GTR ! The X is a slow car with no after market support and expensive to mod. With the 370Z you can buy some nice Dub rims and Cruz around town just like your Acura. Not to mention the 370Z racing chassis that comes stock, there saying the 370Z will have the fastest nürburgring times in history.

Last edited by nine; Oct 15, 2008 at 05:48 PM.
Old Oct 15, 2008, 05:49 PM

Evo x
Old Oct 15, 2008, 05:59 PM

Insurance was a deal breaker for me on this. 4dr 4cyl insurance is cheaper then 2dr 6cyl.

I'm saving about 700 a year on insurance. (M Coupe to Evo X MR)
Old Oct 15, 2008, 06:08 PM
Evolved Member

Insurance is higher on my X than on my Corvette C6. I'm not sure what kind of operating cost the Z cars have (I do recall the early ones ate tires quickly), but people will sour on a car quick if it drains their wallet.

The 370Z sounds good, but they better be less than $40k or BMW's and the Corvette will eat into their sales.
Old Oct 15, 2008, 06:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
get the new camaro 422 hp for only 31k mean that is the craziest deal i ever heard. that is goin to be by far the biggest bang for the buck of the year. if i would have known about this i would have waited. who want a evo for 31k? lol

Last edited by jayevo23; Oct 15, 2008 at 07:29 PM.
Old Oct 15, 2008, 07:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ggevoIX
evox way better than a Z
+1
Old Oct 15, 2008, 07:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Don't buy a first year Nissan. People complain about Mitsubishi but Nissan has far more quality control issues and recalls.
Old Oct 15, 2008, 07:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jayevo23
get the new camaro 422 hp for only 31k mean that is the craziest deal i ever heard. that is goin to be by far the biggest bang for the buck of the year. if i would have known about this i would have waited. who want a evo for 31k? lol
The new camaro could have 700 hp and cost 20k and I wouldn't trade an evo for it. Evos are about precision handling and road racing. Camaros are highway cruisers with good straightline speed and nothing else. Hell, if you wanted a car like that, the 05 GTO has an LS2 vette engine with 400 hp and costs around 32k when they were new. Yet, when edmunds compared one to an 05 sti it got spanked and this was by a car making 300 hp and that loses in most comparison tests to the evo. American muscle FTL.
Old Oct 15, 2008, 07:53 PM

Well I was looking into the 370Z as well
But, it's head and taillights are similiar to the Maxima which I thinks looks horrible
my opinion though
and I like Z's, but there's toooo common
I see them everywhere
I bought and X to be different and drive something that other ppl don't usually get
watch how may Z's you gonna be seeing after they come out with the 370.
Old Oct 15, 2008, 08:09 PM
Evolving Member

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by goofygrin
Oh... and spend less than $1,500 with UR (o2 housing, downpipe, test pipe, exhaust and intake) and here's the X dyno:

Think that much extra power will make up for the weight?

Also, I say if you give a 370z owner and an X owner $1k to spend to mod their car, the X clears up any deficiency it had in EITHER race.

So you pit a NISMO prepped Z against an overweight underpowered X MR? Seems fair. This is a problem I have with track comparos in general. Different cars perform differently on different tracks. Who knows, at another track, where the cornering ability of the X could provide an advantage vs. the superior acceleration in the straights of the Z, the result could be different? (not saying it would)

How about give 50K to the 370z owner, and 50 cents to the EVO X owner, the Z clears up any deficiency it had in EITHER race?

You are so double standard.....Both cars will be great, but on paper the 370 looks pretty good, and if it is really going to be lighter than the 350, I can't see how there is a clear cut between the X and the Z. It all comes down to preference. RWD or AWD?

Last edited by white_turbo; Oct 15, 2008 at 08:11 PM.

Quick Reply: Should I get EVO X or wait for Nissan 370Z