Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Trade the X for a C55?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2008, 08:03 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i've been on the other side. I've had an m5, s4 and an amg benz. I prefer the evo over any of them. I may pick up an e90 m3 soon but I'd still keep my X. I love the easy moddability and tuning factor of evos.
Originally Posted by Robevo RS
and you have an Evo too , dont you?

You got to admit , end of the day, the Evo is a cheap , reliable fast track car, With easy work on and very clean engine bay or drive train to work on.

So it is a great track car. Mean while the AMG and the Audi or the newer M3"s aren't. And so on.

They fast, But they are complicated, as soon as you modified them they are getting little harder on the valet and the work on at track side.
Etc.

If i can afford the have a track car besides my DD why would i need an AMG or other like that, when the Evo does a same? Not to mention for the $ vs $ actually it does better? That is nothing to do with you have money or not. Unless you are unlimited which is i'm not.
That is why i do not have a Porsche neither AMG.
For my point of view is a waste of money. Could i have one ? Yes i could. But rather i spend that money somewhere else.

Also the C63 and those cars will not rape a tuned evo in racing by any means on road course - autoX or rally, unless its oval, drift or drag

So i pick cars for my own entertainment, wich are far from drag or highway pulls /4dummies/ neither drift or oval race.

So i'm happy with the Rally car breeds.
Fact is, i rather get a STI or a turbo miata over the AMG for track purposes.

those AMG's , M's and RS or S cars are beautiful and fast cars. But not really exiting for me. as soon as i see how my valet start shrinking with them
Specially if you use them, like i like to do use performance cars.
Old Nov 3, 2008, 07:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
whats up

I think i got alittle something for the isf now.

Originally Posted by WrX Kila
E55 all the way.... Im 33 with a wife and two kids, bout to get the house. Need to act more my age So E double nickel it is. I am just watching the price drop to mid twenty's before i take the plunge. SUP MIZ.... Still getting worked by those IS-F's?
Old Nov 4, 2008, 06:45 AM
Evolving Member

Well, let me say, congrats on the C55! But where are the pics??

My car search has ended also. I picked up an Audi RS6 this weekend, and LOVE IT! It has everything I could want - power, handling, braking, AWD, looks (1 of 2 yellow ones in the US), 4-doors, plenty of rear seat and trunk space, and exclusivity/cachet. Plus, all service records and Audi CPO, which means 2 years of warranty starting from 11/1 when I bought it. I have no second thought about getting this instead of an X, STI, M3, G8, or any other car I was considering. Although that '06 C55 w/19K for $27.5 still seems like a missed opportunity. But oh well, you snooze, you lose.

Edit - just noticed my Drives: , time to update my profile

Last edited by jwoods986; Nov 4, 2008 at 06:49 AM.
Old Nov 4, 2008, 08:09 AM
Evolving Member

Nice grab on the RS-that was one of the few other that I considered, but weight was a little factor to me. I'll get some pics up soon-its almost winter here (snow by Saturday here.
The whole point of this thread was to compare-if you had an X and a C55 as a DD-which would yuo choose. I do track the X (and I will the C55), but the issues I was running into (brakes, ride, noise, passengers, ect) that came with both scenarios-the X was starting to lose to the C55. Now, I will say for (what a third time?) that I will end up owning another Evo for the track. As for a few of you that want to argue the C63 vs anything else....I didnt buy one, and I dont want one. Start your own thread. I dont plan on racing vettes, mustangs or anything else on the street-everyone here has pointed out that the C55 will be faster in a straight line then an evo anyway-its road holding, skidpad, ect that the evo shines best. I commute 40+ miles a day (nope, not skid pad along the way) and have a regular life that I need to live (not just working on an X)-as a result, the C55 fits my life better. When it comes time to track next year, I'll have as much fun in the C as I did in the X, and when the time is right, I'll get another AWD to build on. Half of the fun in this is working on the cars....then getting to drive them.
As for warranty work-I know. I modded a few cars before the X, and after, and I know. I wouldnt pay for an extended service contract if it was $0.01. If I cant do it on my own, or with the (sometimes free) help around me from the community, then yes, I'll have to take it to the dealer. Last time I checked, there are a LOT of threads on evom about dealers, and warranties getting voided, ect. Kinda hippocritical if you ask me....dont we mod the cars knowing that we will either (1) out back to stock to get the work done (btw, sometimes it is the AM parts that caused the prob....) or (2) post a rant on how the dealer "voided" your warrnaty (they cant either, they just deny the claim).....thanks for listening
Old Nov 15, 2008, 11:34 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by BocaShula
get a civic with lambo doors. V-TEC yo.
or whatabout a caveliar with twenty fo's
Old Nov 16, 2008, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by redteam22003
I've owned 4 bens and not one of them broke down on me.

I've also owned 4 Toyota and 2 Lexus...of the 6 4 of them over heated on me.

In my eyes, Toyota are trash, I see more of them on the side of the freeways anyway..
You've had worse luck with Toyota and Lexus than most but there are always exceptions to the rule. My two Ferraris have been more reliable than any one of my Acura NSXs, my Porsche or my S2000. I've only had my EVO for a few months so we'll see how it holds up.
Old Nov 16, 2008, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by redteam22003

Try looking up C63 track times, m3 (E92)track times, and RS4 track time and try to realize these cars arent made to look pretty

Also you clam that Evos are fast/cheap cars...more power to you but I have money to blow on fast/nice cars. (same reason why people trade their evos for 911, cheap isnt all that when you have money)

(I take back EvoX not being a rally car =P)
I believe the term you are actually looking for is "lap times", not "track times". I go to the track for the weekend to get track time (time spent in my car on the race track), and when I want to see how fast I can go, I check my lap time (how quickly I can make it around the track). Lap times vary greatly from driver to driver and there are many other factors as well, including tires, temperature, overall weather conditions etc that can affect lap times so be very careful comparing numbers when you do not know the conditions under which they were measured.