Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Defective Stock Recaro Seats

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2008, 05:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am taking my X back to the dealer for every single defect I notice. Heck, who knows if the transmission issue will ever be resolved. Make sure you get a service order each time you take it in. Document everything, as one day you may be counting those service orders to assert your rights.
Old Apr 3, 2008, 05:25 PM
Evolving Member

same issue here

nebo
Old Apr 3, 2008, 05:28 PM
Evolved Member

All the people with the issue go to the dealer to have them tuck it in for you. If you don't report the issue, they will not fix the problem by the time I get my X!
Old Apr 3, 2008, 05:46 PM
Evolving Member

same thing with mine im taking it back to the dealer when i go for my 1st oil change
Old Apr 3, 2008, 08:52 PM
Evolving Member

Thats the first thing I noticed went I first saw the X in person, I just had to touch that carbon etched plastic, it felt almost K-Mart like. But it's just a seat and they had to cut cost, I'd rather it be the seat than the performance! Over all if I had any issue's my dealer would resolve them! Come on April 18th, my GSR awaits me (GOD WILLING)!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Apr 3, 2008, 09:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by UT_Evo
Mitsu FTW! My seats had lost the side bolsters already, after only 3 years...
Haha I love your sig quote.
Old Apr 3, 2008, 09:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah the GSR seats don't look that great, but they don't look that shabby either. I'm not a fan of the carbon faux-ber engravings. Hopefully the MR seats look better, but I doubt they'll change the seatbelt pass-throughs. Regardless, sitting in the GSR seat feels better than my VIII seat for sure.
Old Apr 3, 2008, 09:21 PM
Evolving Member

IMO I sat in an EVO VII before and wasn't diggin the seats that came with it. My buddies X has some nice *** seats. Very comfortable and no problems to report yet. Then again not too many big people sit in his car much anyway. The only part that I would worry about wearing is the lower side bolster. I hit that thing all the time when I get in the car.
Old Apr 3, 2008, 10:40 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah guys take your X back and let Mitsu know what's up!
Old Apr 3, 2008, 10:53 PM
Evolving Member

My 115lb wife is the only person that sits in my passenger seat and the staples are coming out around fake carbon crap....She is there maybe 1/20th of the time that Im in the driver seat...but my driver seat is fine. Seems like a manufacturer defect with the passenger seat.
Old Apr 4, 2008, 06:10 AM
Evolved Member

I am not big on the faux carbon...would have been better just plain black. The cloth used on the GSR leaves a little to be desired too. While teh MR still has the fauz carbon, the seating services are far better.

When at mitsu, I did have a chance to see some of the ideas/options they were working on, and it appears there *might* be a cool leather option coming some time
Old Apr 4, 2008, 06:11 AM
Evolving Member

All Evos Are Cheep Look At The Carpet Too
Old Apr 4, 2008, 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by CharlesJ
I am not big on the faux carbon...would have been better just plain black. The cloth used on the GSR leaves a little to be desired too. While teh MR still has the fauz carbon, the seating services are far better.

When at mitsu, I did have a chance to see some of the ideas/options they were working on, and it appears there *might* be a cool leather option coming some time
any more info on this? just the MR seats in the GSR or a new option
Old Apr 4, 2008, 07:56 AM
Evolving Member

well I love the seats..but that's coming from someone who lived with POS STi seats for a long time. The STi seats never fell apart but were so wide and no support I believe Oprah would've hated em'.

BUT if the X Recaros' do indeed start falling apart I will go straight to dealer. Any problem at all it's going straight to the dealer. I hate going there but love to use the warranty any chance I get.

Last edited by MooseX; Apr 4, 2008 at 07:58 AM.
Old Apr 4, 2008, 09:52 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CharlesJ

Mitsu has already released the leather patterns to the autorized Mitsu fabricators, so anyone can get leather now. I was the first in the US

If you want leather, just ask your dealer. Classic Soft Trim does the work, and the leather makes the car 10x nicer!

Quick Reply: Defective Stock Recaro Seats