Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

fans stayed running after car was off

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2009, 09:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yep, nothing to worry about. Mine has done this twice in the 3 months I've had the X.
Old Jul 11, 2009, 04:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mine has only done it once this year. Never had it happen last year. I ussually let the car iddle for 30 seconds minimum before it shut down. Or i cruise slow to my parking spot to allow the engine to cool down.
Old May 19, 2017, 12:25 PM

My fans stay on when car is off "new problem"

Originally Posted by UFO
Read the manual: it's a feature. It's like your very own turbo timer. Certain conditions have to be met, but the fans will carry on running for a set period of time. If I drive home and fill up with gas round the corner, then drive the 2 minutes to my house the fans always run.

So, basically, this has been covered a bunch of times before and it's normal behaviour.
. Alright so this problem has been solved? Well sadly not for me.... my car will keep the fans on as long as a battery is connected. It's done this once before but I fixed the problem with taking off the batteries (I have 2) for 24 hrs. But I have no idea where to start.... any ideas? If the key is in the off position..... then the fan is on, if it's in "acc" then it's off, and the same when the car is started and running(off) please somebody help!!!! Lol
Old May 19, 2017, 03:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turbo timer most likely
Old May 22, 2017, 11:03 PM

My fans stay on when car is off "new problem"

Originally Posted by UFO
Read the manual: it's a feature. It's like your very own turbo timer. Certain conditions have to be met, but the fans will carry on running for a set period of time. If I drive home and fill up with gas round the corner, then drive the 2 minutes to my house the fans always run.

So, basically, this has been covered a bunch of times before and it's normal behaviour.
thanks. I'll let you guys know if it fixes it.