Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Question about the front undertray

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2010, 05:14 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question about the front undertray

I've done some searching, and looking around. I really mostly need some pics and/or confirmation of something. The undertray on my Evo X, seemed kinda flimsy, but i think its because i'm missing a section. I just bought it like a month ago, and just want some pics to confirmation what I think is right....

I found one pic

From the oil change thread
Because i realize i can reach my oil filter without removing anything(though to take out the filter and let it drain, I'd have to remove the small tray), so I'm guessing i'm missing the section thats forward of the filter.

Does everybody's tray completely cover the bottom front of the car??? Thanks
Old May 3, 2010, 06:04 AM
Evolving Member

Splash shields cover everything from the beginning of the front bumper until where the exhaust heads down. Just like your picture shows (also the shield section that bolts over the oil filter/bolt). You may be missing the front center splashshield, but without a picture of your own car its hard to tell. Theres a left front, RF, and center front as well as an engine and cover that containts that oil change panel. I know that when all the shields are in place and the correct clips are in the shield doesn't move a whole lot. Check to make sure its clipped in, theres at least 10 clips or so that hold the actual engine cover onto the bottom of the car. If theyre missing it just kinda dangles there. Hope this helps. When I bought mine the shields were in the trunk and I had to take it right back to get them installed, lazy bastards.

Last edited by CC16; May 3, 2010 at 06:14 AM.
Old May 3, 2010, 06:11 AM
Evolving Member

thanks...........yea, my friend thought there was a bag caught under my car when we were driving somewhere, i looked saw nothing, but told him my undertray needs some support in the middle, which got me thinking

unfortunately my car isn't at my house, it's at a friend's, i'll have him look tonight, but i'm gonna call the dealer and complain

but from looking at the picture....i know i can grab my filter from underneath the car without removing anything, so i must be missing the front of it
Old May 3, 2010, 06:16 AM
Evolving Member

You may be missing the whole middle engine cover then
Old May 3, 2010, 07:37 AM
Evolved Member

I took the whole thing off as 1 piece when I changed all my fluids (motor oil, tranny, tc )

Old May 3, 2010, 07:55 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah as you can see in Golden's post, you're missing that panel that has those visibly bright clips/screws which would cover the oil filter and plug.
Old May 3, 2010, 08:42 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Golden
I took the whole thing off as 1 piece when I changed all my fluids (motor oil, tranny, tc )

Awesome, this was the exact picture I was looking for, thanks again, this confirms it for me, much appreciated

Originally Posted by iceman1680
Yeah as you can see in Golden's post, you're missing that panel that has those visibly bright clips/screws which would cover the oil filter and plug.
After looking at that pic, I'm missing the curved part that connects to the bumper, with the arc....it connects with the straight part with those black screw/clip things.....my tray only comes up to the oil filter, which is why i can grab it
Old May 13, 2010, 01:12 PM
Evolving Member

anyone know if this is the correct replacement part for the front? they say it fits the evos but the pic doesn't quite match up.

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/de...EPM310104.html