Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

problem? need opinions.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2011, 02:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
problem? need opinions.

I just took my car for a ride after getting it back. Clutch/flywheel. Now it ran good from the place to home. I am out driving around and chilling now and a few minutes ago when it goes to idle it will stay steady at 750 for a few secs then start bouncing from 250/800 or 900 ish. But it drives fine other then the idle. Now its rated for 500 torque and has a 9lb flywheel. Is it just overclutched being stock for now? That's all I can think of. But it doesn't make sense
Old Feb 11, 2011, 02:56 PM

I put it in for preparation for my mods and tune in a few months where I hope to be pushing mid-upper 300's to wheels.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 03:04 PM

I also just remembered that it did happen once in my turbo'd rsx. Where I think it may have overboosted and idle bounced. But I shut it off for a bit and it ran perfect and never did it again after. Could that be the issue since the flywheel is so light on a stock ecu
Old Feb 11, 2011, 03:15 PM

I just started my car. Its been running for maybe 1 or 2 minutes at idle. And no big jumping thus far. Would still like opinions please? Was I right to think overboost?
Old Feb 11, 2011, 03:25 PM
Evolving Member

chances are that when the clutch was replaced the shop disconnected the battery, and the car had to re-learn its idle fuel trims.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 03:29 PM

I drove from a parking lot to my grocery store and it started doing it when I stopped to park. Andi drove it like a granny. So its something to do with an overclutched situation???
Old Feb 11, 2011, 03:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Evos idle like that anyway. With a lighter flywheel the effect is more pronounced. Tune it.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by lowkey
The Evos idle like that anyway. With a lighter flywheel the effect is more pronounced. Tune it.
That's still a few months away unfortunately. Because I want to get all my parts in first. Maybe I need to get things done quicker then I wanted. I wanted to wait until warm weather
Old Feb 11, 2011, 03:52 PM

hmm I think you may have jumped the gun on putting a lightweight flywheel in too soon, Jumpy idle, drive by wire throttle, lightweight flywheel, you need a tune my friend
Old Feb 12, 2011, 06:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by gman88
I just started my car. Its been running for maybe 1 or 2 minutes at idle. And no big jumping thus far. Would still like opinions please? Was I right to think overboost?
no

Originally Posted by acm_evo
chances are that when the clutch was replaced the shop disconnected the battery, and the car had to re-learn its idle fuel trims.
this

Originally Posted by gman88
I drove from a parking lot to my grocery store and it started doing it when I stopped to park. Andi drove it like a granny. So its something to do with an overclutched situation???
no

no

Originally Posted by Chadwick4477
hmm I think you may have jumped the gun on putting a lightweight flywheel in too soon, Jumpy idle, drive by wire throttle, lightweight flywheel, you need a tune my friend
no
Old Feb 12, 2011, 10:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dek0026

no

Congratulations on your perfect idling stock Evo. On both my 2008 GSR and now my 2010 SE the revs jump from time to time while waiting for a stoplight. Could be the ECU adjusting to the load of the aircon compressor kicking in or such, don't know (even in winter the aircon kicks in to keep humidity in the cabin low if you have it on auto). The Cobb AP tune on the GSR helped and soon there will be an AP tune on my SE, too.
Old Feb 13, 2011, 08:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Congratulations on your perfect idling stock Evo. On both my 2008 GSR and now my 2010 SE the revs jump from time to time while waiting for a stoplight. Could be the ECU adjusting to the load of the aircon compressor kicking in or such, don't know (even in winter the aircon kicks in to keep humidity in the cabin low if you have it on auto). The Cobb AP tune on the GSR helped and soon there will be an AP tune on my SE, too.
Thanks but who said it was stock?
Old Feb 13, 2018, 08:20 AM

Engine overheat with aircon on the recycle mode

My car does something very weird - if I have the aircon on normal fresh air in from outside no problem, the moment I push the recycle button on the aircon the engine temperature gauge goes up/overheat and you cannot switch off the recycle button- the moment you switch off the aircon completely the engine temperature goes down to normal- what is going on? Please help