Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

**Cant find a comfortable seating position in my X. Help**

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2011, 10:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm 5'11 and don't really have a problem, but I don't have the height to arm ratio to that of a t-rex. I like to sit with my seat reclined further than most people and I am sitting far enough back to have a slight bend in my elbow when driving... I could sleep in these seats if I needed to.
Old May 5, 2011, 10:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GTbullet
I'm 5'11 and I had the same problem. I drive almost straight up and my back stopped hurting. The only downside is my back starts to feel sore if I'm driving for more then an hour and a half . You can't really drive and EVO like you're "dippin' on fo fo's" lol
I can't sit staight up (I am 6'1"), I was going to recommend the OP to lean back. Short OT rant, why didn't they include a hight adjustment? I think 90% of the seating position problems could be solved by moving the seat up or down.

More off topic, try having a short wife I take my time to get the seat just right and she changes everything just for a walmart run
Old May 5, 2011, 07:14 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Yoo Shin
The Evo 10, along with those before it, are designed to for the driver to sit "bolt up right" as the term goes, as is the preference and optimal driving position for Rally racing.

I'm 6'2, 205n 34" waist, and find it abosulty a perfect fit, withe the wheel 1/2" from all the way up, seat rail one notch forward from the seat bracket, and the seat back straight up. I have about a 10 degree bend in my arm in 5thgear.

Also a trick I learned in a racing class once, is this: slide the seat back to where feet can lie flat behind the gas and clutch pedal, but with out the bottom of your knees pressing into the seat. Next adust the seat back so that you wrist can rest on top of the wheel without your shoulders coming off the seat and with at least a 5 degree bend in your elbow. It takes a bit getting used to as it feels like your driving a box, but guess what, you are!

When you say have the feet lie flat behind the pedals do you mean on the floor before them? or on the flood kind of under the actual pedal? Or past the pedals all the way to the wall? I tried different ways, but for my wrists to actually be touching the top of the wheel without my shoulders leaving the seat... its way past straight up. its almost like /__ ()

Feels super weird.
Old May 5, 2011, 08:12 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by nefarious_Saint
When you say have the feet lie flat behind the pedals do you mean on the floor before them? or on the flood kind of under the actual pedal? Or past the pedals all the way to the wall? I tried different ways, but for my wrists to actually be touching the top of the wheel without my shoulders leaving the seat... its way past straight up. its almost like /__ ()

Feels super weird.
hahaha yeah I bet but play with it a bit. There's quite a few videos on youtube explaining the procedure for setting the seating position up for performance driving.

Listen to bubba on this M6

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyL-SjuJ8p4

Even more entertaining but a very good video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-5NMj9dvX0

Search a few and you'll find more entertaining but very informative videos. Trust me the Evo 10 and it's seats are design to suit a wide range of drivers with both comfort and performance in mind.
Old May 6, 2011, 09:33 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks for the videos.
Much appreciated.
Old May 6, 2011, 11:27 PM

6'3" here and can't really say I've had any problems

Just mess with the thing until it feels right