Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Hail damage

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2012, 11:00 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It happened to me last summer on my rx8. They will give you the option of replacing/fixing the damage or taking the money that would take to replace/fix the car. I took the money and payed a semester of college lol but on my evo I would get everything replaced. CF parts are a great option if you take the money and they are cheaper than stock panels.

I always check the weather and the sky before taking the evo and the gf makes fun of me but after she saw these pics she finally understands.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 03:43 AM

Originally Posted by EuroEclipse
I got nailed in the arm by one of the golf ball sized ones and hit on my shoulder by a fist sized one. I have a nice bruise.
thats why i cant stand colorado. stupid weather changes every hour
Old Jun 11, 2012, 05:44 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have a paint-less dent removal guy near where I live who has done a few of my brothers car. When a bad storm surge hit part of the state he held a free repair for hail damage.

I saw one of the cars there, he did amazing work. I would check to see if you have a reputable dent removal service near you. Just another suggestion.

Good luck, I hope you get her all fixed up and soon
Old Jun 11, 2012, 09:06 AM
Evolved Member

I told the adjuster there will be no drilling and no bonder. The auto body shop said there is no way he is going to bondo anything. If it can't be repaired it will be replaced. Came out to a little over 10k in damage. I checked out a car he just got done working on, getting the dents out. I saw before pcitures and the car in person after and it's hard to beleive they can do such a good job. Looked flawless.

Gotta love Colorado weather.

Last edited by stvbreal; Jun 11, 2012 at 09:09 AM.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 09:35 AM
Evolved Member

Location: Philly, Germany, Japan, UK...South Dakota (Da Sticks).......
The other night, Saturday to be exact...we got some bad hail up in South Dakota too. I'm glad I had my car in the gargage. Sorry to hear man (and see)......Good luck with everything!!
Old Jun 11, 2012, 02:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by stvbreal
I told the adjuster there will be no drilling and no bonder. The auto body shop said there is no way he is going to bondo anything. If it can't be repaired it will be replaced. Came out to a little over 10k in damage. I checked out a car he just got done working on, getting the dents out. I saw before pcitures and the car in person after and it's hard to beleive they can do such a good job. Looked flawless.

Dang!
Old Jun 11, 2012, 02:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mistaken
Dang!
Took the words right out of my mouth...
Old Jun 11, 2012, 04:38 PM
Sev
Evolved Member

Try to get rid of it. I wouldn't keep it after it's been 'repaired'.

Won't be the same.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 06:21 PM
Evolving Member

Hope it all works out. Post pics of the end result when you get it back!
Old Jun 11, 2012, 06:23 PM

I'd say keep it, the painless dent repair works wonders from what I seen. If you're insured with a company that offers program shops like the carrier I work for, I would recommend having one of their program shops fix it. The work would be guarenteed and the shop doesn't collect their money until you're fully satisfied. But If you cash out and decided to get it fixed for less and the repairs aren't up to your standards, you're out of luck.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 07:08 PM
Evolving Member

man them pics read like a braille book! I'd take the money and get all CF parts…Seibon makes pretty much ALL the panels, except rear 1/4's, AMS makes a roof, and for the rears 1/4's just vinyl wrap it….be the first all cf evo x lol
Old Jun 11, 2012, 09:58 PM
Evolved Member

Hard to look at, although this might be a good opportunity to put some less expensive carbon fiber parts on it and save the left over cash from insurance.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 01:07 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by stvbreal

just wondering why dont people like bondo
Old Jun 12, 2012, 04:21 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dee242
just wondering why dont people like bondo
Because then you are just covering it up instead of fixing it. and your cover up is just going to add weight while still fairly insignificant. to cover up everything on that car you would have to bondo pretty much the whole car. Then you need to repaint, reclear.

Its like in the movie big daddy when he just keeps laying newspaper over everything, doesn't actually do the job, just covers it up.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 10:36 AM
Evolved Member

Well, I've always wanted the front emblem removed. I guess now is a good time.

Quick Reply: Hail damage