Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Headlight adjustment toggle

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2012, 07:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Headlight adjustment toggle

I was out playing with the headlight adjustment switch the other night. The headlights are angled too far down. However, the switch was at the highest setting (0), so the others only pulled the headlights further down. The "0" setting should be angled up much higher in my opinion. The upper settings are very low, and not even really usable. You can barely see anything in front of you. Does anyone know of a way to adjust this master setting, so that they are aimed higher?
Old Aug 15, 2012, 09:18 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Nicker31
I was out playing with the headlight adjustment switch the other night. The headlights are angled too far down. However, the switch was at the highest setting (0), so the others only pulled the headlights further down. The "0" setting should be angled up much higher in my opinion. The upper settings are very low, and not even really usable. You can barely see anything in front of you. Does anyone know of a way to adjust this master setting, so that they are aimed higher?
They are aimed that way for DOT regulations. You can look up the regs and check how far out the brightest point hits, then measure. If they are out of spec have the dealer adjust them.

Just be careful what you do, if you blind someone at night, it causes an accident, your liable.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 09:46 AM
ikt
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Nicker31
yeah man, what you do is get a very small screwdriver or pick tool, softly work the edges of the switch plate. You don't have to remove the harness, just slide the tool to pop it out

once it's out, just turn the switch 180 degrees (can be right or left, doesn't matter) then remount the switch
Old Aug 15, 2012, 10:09 AM
Evolved Member

Just because of all the open highway with no lights out here I wanted to adjust mine up too. Then when driving inter-city set them to be about where they are now.

If they lights has 1 or 2 more clicks up it would be perfect for middle of the night desert driving.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 11:43 AM
Evolving Member

^ isnt that what high beams are for?
Old Aug 15, 2012, 08:06 PM
Evolving Member

also you can adjust them with a 5.5 metric socket the lights have a plastic nut that you can turn to make them go up or down the nut is orange in color
Old Aug 16, 2012, 08:29 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bmxking45
^ isnt that what high beams are for?
The HB flood more, and cause every road sign to light up like they are radiated. Being picky, I want another 5-10' of light for highway speeds in the dark, without the crazy flooding of the HBs

I know, first world problems and all.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 02:30 PM

Thanks for the tips boys. I wouldn't ask just to ratchet them up into people's eyes. It's just that it is literally difficult to see sometimes with the current settings. I pulled it side by side with a few friends' cars, and mine are definitely a lot lower angled. I need to get my TPMS sensors reset anyway, so I will have the dealership take a look. I have a feeling they may be out of whack... I can't see this being a factory setup. The 1 and 2 settings give me almost no forward visibility beyond 5 feet.