Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

ASC Service Required, P0108, P2253.. Please HELP!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2014, 12:30 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ASC Service Required, P0108, P2253.. Please HELP!

Ok here is the deal. So far I have been without my car for 6 weeks and it is currently at the second shop right now.

My clutch started slipping and so I brought the car into the dealership to have them replace the clutch. I provided them an aftermarket clutch (Spec Stage 3+) to replace the twin i had in there.

It took them 3 weeks to replace my clutch as they had to order other parts along the way, new flywheel, etc. And while they had it they said they had to remove my down pipe since they said it was too large. They broke a bolt off while doing this which added to the time. They said they would go ahead and bolt up another down pipe I had laying around (AMS), which they did. So after getting the car back with the new clutch I started throwing all sorts of codes. I always had a check engine light due to rear O2 sensor so I didn't really pay much attention to that. But then a couple of miles down the road I had an ASC Service Required pop up. I stopped and read the codes and I was having a P0108, P2253 and P0038 (not worried about this one). I also noticed I was was idling with my AFRs around 16-17. I took the car back to the dealership and asked them what was going on.

They had the car for another week and said they replaced the MAP sensor and ECU yet the codes were still reading. They said even with the replacements they could not read the MAP sensor. They then started stating that they didn't know what they were looking at due to the modifications I have under the hood and advised me to take the vehicle to a shop that better understands the modifications. As you can see by my signature block, my modifications are only bolt ons.

So the dealership payed to have the car towed to a local performance shop. The performance shop has now had it a week and has replaced O2 sensors, the MAP sensor and it hasn't fixed anything. They are saying that they are now at the point that they would recommend that I go back to the dealership. So here I am 6 weeks later and I am still throwing the same codes and have the ASC Service Required light.

Please help!!
Old Jun 29, 2014, 12:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have you considered just removing the bolt-ons before shipping it back to the dealer? They wouldn't have much of a leg to stand on if its stock... unless you have had it tuned.