Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

WTF Flexfuel kit Reading Ethanol Content level

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2019, 08:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WTF Flexfuel kit Reading Ethanol Content level

Okay i have wtf flex kit install but im trying to read my ethanol content from torque pro on my android but i can't get a reading. My tuner is able to see the reading from his laptop. I used the correct pid. Anyone knows how to do it exactly or know why is my not working or does it even work for anyone? There was a guide that i tried but still no luck. please help i literally got this kit because of that feature. I already told them basically they said im out of luck unfortunately.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 06:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 91 Likes on 84 Posts
Have you hit up WTF tuning directly they are super nice / helpful guys.
The following users liked this post:
Metal_AF (Jun 28, 2019)
Old Jun 28, 2019, 04:47 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
If its showing up on the laptop (evoscan) its working fine and there is an issue with torque pro app or the address you chose to view it.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Napalm_Enema
Have you hit up WTF tuning directly they are super nice / helpful guys.
They are lost. They don’t know why either and said they dont think MUT works anymore sigh
Old Jun 29, 2019, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone
If its showing up on the laptop (evoscan) its working fine and there is an issue with torque pro app or the address you chose to view it.
Yeah it works with the laptop and thats what im thinking to but i put everything correctly though. I wonder if it’s even working for anyone
Old Jun 30, 2019, 10:11 AM
Evolving Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone
Yeah, good point. Sounds more like an issue to take up with the torque pro app folks.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 12:27 AM
Evolving Member

Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by Metal_AF
Yeah, good point. Sounds more like an issue to take up with the torque pro app folks.
I have the same issue with Torque Pro not showing ethanol content but with my Haltech Elite. Haltech told me they use standard OBDII PIDs for it, but torque pro doesn't want to display it. I've contacted the devs and they weren't very helpful.
I've tried searching for a different PID to use but nothing I've found has worked. I haven't bothered with it since, as I didn't really need to see ethanol % without my laptop, but it'd be nice to get it working...
Old Jul 1, 2019, 11:57 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
The PID on the stock ECU is for the the fuel tank pressure sensor. So, in the torque app the calculation is for that, and it's the wrong conversion calculation for the ECA output voltage and finding the ethanol content to display on the screen.

Just like when an OMNI 4bar map is used, you have to change the calc in evoscan to get a proper number. I imagine this issue is due to hat.

Not sure on the Haltec though.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 08:59 PM
Evolving Member

Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts
Hey idk if this is of any use for you but I figured out how to get Torque to display my ethanol content. Maybe you can try this PID.
PID: 01 52
Min: 0
Max: 100
Scale: x1
Equation: A

This works with my Haltech which uses standard OBDII so might not work with your setup, but just figured I'd share.