Notices
Evo X Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

*** Official Plasti Dip/Flat/Matte Evo Xs Thread *** [MERGED]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2013, 07:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^^that looks good!
Old Aug 27, 2013, 10:07 AM
Evolving Member

I figured this might be the place to ask...I have conflicting stories that plasti-dip, specifically from an Aerosal can, will eat through clear coat over time. I am thinking about doing my MR BBS wheels and I was wondering if I dip the wheels and peel it off in a year or so, should I expect the finish to be messed up? Any experience with this?
Old Aug 27, 2013, 01:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MRak
I figured this might be the place to ask...I have conflicting stories that plasti-dip, specifically from an Aerosal can, will eat through clear coat over time. I am thinking about doing my MR BBS wheels and I was wondering if I dip the wheels and peel it off in a year or so, should I expect the finish to be messed up? Any experience with this?
This has been talked about numerous times on this forum. Unless there is already something wrong with the clearcoat to start, you are not going to experience any problems. People have dipped their whole cars and had it on for more than a year in hot climates and havent had any issues so you'll be fine.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 04:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
just did my rims black with copper metalizer. very satisfied with the final product!

*** Official Plasti Dip/Flat/Matte Evo Xs Thread *** [MERGED]-idndoegh.jpg
*** Official Plasti Dip/Flat/Matte Evo Xs Thread *** [MERGED]-rixhspch.jpg
*** Official Plasti Dip/Flat/Matte Evo Xs Thread *** [MERGED]-iyedjikh.jpg
*** Official Plasti Dip/Flat/Matte Evo Xs Thread *** [MERGED]-yuzriikh.jpg
*** Official Plasti Dip/Flat/Matte Evo Xs Thread *** [MERGED]-lpp0ugqh.jpg
*** Official Plasti Dip/Flat/Matte Evo Xs Thread *** [MERGED]-g4cjnruh.jpg
The following users liked this post:
BabyWRX (Nov 2, 2018)
Old Aug 27, 2013, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by ghost.
just did my rims black with copper metalizer. very satisfied with the final product!
WOW! Cant believe how good that turned out. Who needs powdercoating? lol
You didn't edit those pics did you?
Old Aug 28, 2013, 12:12 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
that color looks great ghost
Old Aug 28, 2013, 05:09 AM

just a bit of touch up, didn't mess with the color. they actually look better in person
Old Aug 28, 2013, 08:02 PM
Evolving Member

heres mine

Old Aug 28, 2013, 09:55 PM

I have used plasti dip on my black evo mr to black out the grill,hood scoops, and wheels. i love this stuff. Just make sure to clean the surface before spraying. When you spray make sure your close about 4 to 6" away. If you spray it on like spray paint, misting it on for about 12" away it well cause a sandpaper like texture and wont be going on thick enough. I did my wheels first and had to re-do 3 of them because i misted it on and it was horrible to pull off. The first coat should go on light then thick after that. If you use about 1 can on each wheel you should be applying enough and when i comes time to remove it should be no problem. This is a cheap way to customize your vehicle at home without sanding and painting making it permanent. Thats the beauty of this product when you dont like it or want to try something else just peel it off and the part is still in original condition. hope this helps
Old Aug 29, 2013, 07:41 AM

prep work is the key with any paint type application.

If you prep correctly, it will be very hard to mess it up. One other tip I would give, is to make sure you clean the spray tip, if your using a can, after each coat. If it gets clogged up a little bit then the spray pattern will be off and wont go on even.
Old Aug 29, 2013, 10:26 PM

wheels looking awesome, good work man
Old Aug 30, 2013, 07:49 PM

thanks dude
Old Jan 1, 2014, 05:21 PM

Belongs Nicely Here I Think!

Ohhhh, so this is the thread I've been looking for apparently!

So, bought my car new in February 2013. I had already researched dip previously but within a few months of researching further, decided to do all my emblems black. Afterward, loved it and opted to dip the entire car matte white. For anyone wanting to do white or red, definitely buy a gallon of gunmetal grey as it adheres to stock paint way better/isn't nearly as runny as white. I opted to go matte white the first time and did it in the third week of March (little less than a month and a half of having the car and change the beautiful Rally Red to white? Was I crazy?). Overall, had some issues, but was pretty happy.

Over the summer, I knew I needed a new color. Electric Lime Green came out exclusive to DipYourCar.com so I ordered a few gallons. Less than a week after receiving the ELG gallons, they post this gorgeous 'Mayan Green' so I then ordered some blue tint to subdue the 'electricity' of the green. With that being said, here is how my car sits now:

Incan Green body, copper wheels, black/gloss mix for tinted taillights, and blacked out the top (eventually will wrap it in high gloss vinyl)
Name:  Beauty_zps98b2b103.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  77.4 KB

Of course literally right now, it's pretty dirty from the winter so far but gives another shot of how it looks in sunglight/dirtied up:
Name:  NSFW_zps08308805.jpg
Size:  168.3 KB

If you would like to view my thread of doing white: click here!

Want to see the thread of going Incan Green? Click either picture above or Click here sucka!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask! I feel I have gained a lot of experience with this stuff and honestly, love it. Right now there is work being done on a 'super glossifier' but it is not out yet. It literally could be a game changer/revolutionary for any out there who won't do a matte or satin finish. Thanks for viewing!
Old Jan 2, 2014, 01:16 AM

Looking great, guys!
Old Jan 4, 2014, 08:01 PM

Full Black dipped and the Blaze green rims

Name:  1381580_10200685751566236_1875871176_n_zps3a9e1d90.jpg
Size:  65.4 KB
Name:  992325_10200684315930346_150815562_n_zps16ce7d28.jpg
Size:  117.8 KB