Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Rotas for track use.

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2011, 11:16 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rotas for track use.

Alright ive read not to use rotas for track-use. Well rota just came out with the "boost" wheel which is a advan rgII replica that im very interested in. Has anyone used rotas for heavy track use? Or should i save up for the real thing?

Please no arguments about buying fake wheels etc etc. I just want some feedback from someone who actually tracks there car on rotas. thank you.
Old May 29, 2011, 01:40 PM
Evolving Member

there are a couple raceteams that use only Rota wheels...

Allow the Volk fanboys to scare you if you must i suppose...
Old May 29, 2011, 01:43 PM
Evolving Member

if its round, looks good, correct size/offset it'll do the job lol
Old May 29, 2011, 01:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
Of course you can track the Rotas without issue many many many people do across many many many platforms, they will work just fine. Though may be heavier than their Advan counterpart.
Old May 29, 2011, 09:30 PM
Evolving Member

Ight ight thanks for the positive feedback ill have to get the weights for both wheels
Old May 29, 2011, 09:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
LOL...either buy the real deal or stay stock. Wheels = safety item, don't risk it.
Old May 29, 2011, 10:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Enkei RPF1's and Enkei PF01's are both ~18 lbs a piece and cost between $1200-1300 shipped.

Food for thought.
Old May 29, 2011, 10:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

(bought these wheels for the track)

Last edited by Frankiago; May 29, 2011 at 10:46 PM.
Old May 29, 2011, 10:47 PM

The Boost has been out for years

Volks, Enkei's and Advans break on the track too but lesser manufacturing processes and looser tolerances are byproducts of less expensive rolling stock.

There are two camps on this one but ultimately it's your choice.
Old May 30, 2011, 06:19 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Frankiago
Enkei RPF1's and Enkei PF01's are both ~18 lbs a piece and cost between $1200-1300 shipped.

Food for thought.
Truth. But why the hell you want the same damn wheels as everyone and their mom is beyond me.

Any wheel can break anyone that says you are risking your life on Rotas is rediculous and a fool.

They are tested to exceed JWL/VIA standards and have been tracked in many many facets of motorsports for years yes before the EVO hit our shores

I owned Volks sold em and now have Rotas. To be honest I was sick of worring about them.
Old May 30, 2011, 06:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr. Move
Ight ight thanks for the positive feedback ill have to get the weights for both wheels
If you like sugar coated answers to make you feel better about your purchase then more power to you.

Last edited by raytrix; May 30, 2011 at 06:50 AM.
Old May 30, 2011, 06:49 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gsrboi80
Truth. But why the hell you want the same damn wheels as everyone and their mom is beyond me.

Any wheel can break anyone that says you are risking your life on Rotas is rediculous and a fool.

They are tested to exceed JWL/VIA standards and have been tracked in many many facets of motorsports for years yes before the EVO hit our shores

I owned Volks sold em and now have Rotas. To be honest I was sick of worring about them.
BTW to back-up frankie here since he'll give the same answer is because RPF1 is the most affordable, lightest, and safest track wheel you can buy without having to go to semi-forged wheels or fully forged wheels to retain the lightness and strength of a rim. On the track no one gives a **** what wheels you have on, for the driver as long as it serves it's purpose (light, strong, and won't fall apart after hitting one apex).
Old May 30, 2011, 06:55 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by raytrix
BTW to back-up frankie here since he'll give the same answer is because RPF1 is the most affordable, lightest, and safest track wheel you can buy without having to go to semi-forged wheels or fully forged wheels to retain the lightness and strength of a rim. On the track no one gives a **** what wheels you have on, for the driver as long as it serves it's purpose (light, strong, and won't fall apart after hitting one apex).
Oh thats fine but to think a Rota is going to fall apart "After Hitting 1 Apex" or even after 100 track days is silly and foolish.

I'm glad you don't care that 20000 other Evo owners have the same wheels as you. Not something that fancies me sorry.
Old May 30, 2011, 11:12 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gsrboi80
Oh thats fine but to think a Rota is going to fall apart "After Hitting 1 Apex" or even after 100 track days is silly and foolish.

I'm glad you don't care that 20000 other Evo owners have the same wheels as you. Not something that fancies me sorry.
Hows it foolish if I actually indeed saw it happen before where this RX-8 came off the track with the rim split at the lip after clipping one apex on a set of Rotas.
Old May 30, 2011, 11:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts
If you really are buying them for track use, I would suggest a proven track wheel like the RPF1's that were mentioned. They are light weight and their design is proven strong for the track.

If you like the look and price of the rota boost wheels, then buy them. But dont fool yourself into thinking they make a good track wheel.

Quick Reply: Rotas for track use.