Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

Death of the EVO!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2007, 05:51 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Death of the EVO!!!

I work at a dealership and our Mitsu Regional Sales rep. has told us that the Evo X is only coming in automatic with paddle shift and that they are NOT making a true manual trans version. This will be the nail in the coffin for the Evolution. Say it aint so!
Old Jan 15, 2007, 05:53 AM
Evolved Member

Ill Die.
Old Jan 15, 2007, 05:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
X is Roman for ten. But we'd like to think it denotes and X rating--for the meanest, rawest Evo ever made. This future rally rocket was first previewed by the Concept X from last year's Tokyo auto show, and now a closer version is being shown here at Detroit. When the car goes on sale around this time next year, power will continue to come from a 2.0-liter turbo four, but output will push past the current Subaru WRX STI's 300-hp rating and a new, aluminum block will be used. Because it would be a shame not to use the new Outlander SUV's lovely magnesium-alloy paddle shifters, an automated manual transmission will be offered alongside a traditional 5-speed manual box. Naturally, the Evo will be driven by all four wheels, via a new S-AWC (Super All-Wheel Control) system that Mitsubishi promises will rival Honda's SH-AWD in sophistication. The new system will feature active steering, active yaw control, and myriad electronic sensors. We hope S-AWC doesn't compromise the great steering possessed by Evos VIII and IX--after all, Mitsubishi promises this will be the "largest leap in overall capability between two generations of the Evolution."
Old Jan 15, 2007, 05:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Alot of pure sports cars do not have a manual option. Mercedes doesn't offer a manual transmission for any of their cars that have more than 400 bhp. The Aston Martin Vanquish has a paddle shifted transmission as well.

I prefer the manual transmission as well, but Mitsubishi is just following in the steps of several other manufacturers ... most of which made the change because the manual gearbox could not hold the power the cars were making.
Old Jan 15, 2007, 06:01 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
please check out this site www.lancerproject.com It will have a manuel!
Old Jan 15, 2007, 06:04 AM
Evolved Member

I will commit suicide...too

but seriously...i dont think mitsu is stupid enough to do that...look at BMW's SMG II
they are really good...but bmw still offers a manual option.
Old Jan 15, 2007, 06:27 AM
Evolving Member

I'm just telling you what our rep. said. I dont' wanna believe it either.
Old Jan 15, 2007, 06:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
This has to be true because Reps are included in the design process and never just talk out of their asses.

No one knows for sure unless they are a mitsu exec or on the design team. So, don't worry about it.
Old Jan 15, 2007, 06:37 AM
Evolved Member

Your sales rep. needs to get his/her facts straight. It has already been said by Mitsu that the X would be equipped with a 5-speed.

Do you believe just anything?
Old Jan 15, 2007, 06:46 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVO X Owner-2-B
Your sales rep. needs to get his/her facts straight. It has already been said by Mitsu that the X would be equipped with a 5-speed.

Do you believe just anything?
Ever heard of a 5-speed automatic?
Old Jan 15, 2007, 06:47 AM
Evolved Member

Yes. The X will be a 6-speed AMT ... and your point is?
Old Jan 15, 2007, 06:49 AM
Evolved Member

I'll add that when people say just "5-speed," they're referring to the manual variety. They'll throw in the "auto" part if they want people to understand 5-speed auto.
Old Jan 15, 2007, 07:43 AM
Evolving Member

I'd take what the rep says with a grain of salt. I'm a Nissan rep, and my dealers ask me about the new GT-R, but i don't have any information. The Manufacturer holds all the specific details till the upcoming launch, until then it's just rumors or speculation.

That being said, it's already been stated that it will have a manual and optional paddle shift. To be quite honnest, F1 has been using that type of transmission for ever, obviously cause it's awesome. Look at Ferrari, Lamborghini, Austin Martin, you get the point. I'll get which ever one is helps the car accelerate faster
Old Jan 15, 2007, 07:54 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DRAGIN
Say it aint so!
It ain't so.
Old Jan 15, 2007, 07:55 AM
Evolving Member

Was It Ur Dpsm Or What Rep Cause I Work At A Mitsu Dealer Too. But I Know For A Fact That It Is Coming In A 5 Speed Because The Guy With The Name Of Kensuke Sasaki... He Is Mmna Corporate Headquarters. Job Title Reads Off My Business Card He Left Manager,parts & Service And Process Dvelopment. He Came By Last Week And We Had A Huge Discussion About The Evolution X.

Quick Reply: Death of the EVO!!!