Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

So a Service Manager tells me the other day...

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2011, 04:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
So a Service Manager tells me the other day...

That he was told by someone at Mitsu corporate(insider info) that the next Evo(XI) will have "FQ performance". I said..."FQ300 or FQ400?". And then he replied with "FQ400!", with this big **** eating grin on his face. He wouldn't go into details of when, how, etc., but said that Mitsu is finally going to raise the bar with the XI. I'm personally taking it with a grain of salt, but he declared it to me without any provocation, and the dude was genuinely excited to tell a current Evo owner about it. I'm sure we'll find out how the next model pans out soon enough, but I just thought I'd share.

After a few hours of negative nancy replies, how about ya'll take it with a grain of salt like I did. Or, if you absolutely must declare it as being false, then how about you show some proof as to why it's not even possibly true. Just sayin. Haha

Last edited by GG06MR; Feb 26, 2011 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Added a note for the haters. ;)
Old Feb 26, 2011, 04:51 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Awesome I hope it'd true only time will tell
Old Feb 26, 2011, 04:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
did he tell you whether it was a hybrid or not. i thought mitsu was rumored to be planning XI to be 350hp with hybrid/electric engine. and frankly, if it is, you can have it, no way do i want to be the guinea pig buying that car.
Old Feb 26, 2011, 05:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Summit1
did he tell you whether it was a hybrid or not. i thought mitsu was rumored to be planning XI to be 350hp with hybrid/electric engine. and frankly, if it is, you can have it, no way do i want to be the guinea pig buying that car.
Sorry, no. And I didn't even think to ask. I sort of assumed that it would be an uprated 4B11T, or some next generation version of it.
Old Feb 26, 2011, 06:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Smells like BS!!!!
Old Feb 26, 2011, 06:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Spazpilot
Smells like BS!!!!
Yeah, could be. I wouldn't normally post essentially a rumor like this, but the guy was all about the Evo VIII and IX, talked smack about the X, and went out of his way to build up the XI as if it was going to be the savior of the Evo model in the states. Like I said, take it with a grain of salt. I am.
Old Feb 26, 2011, 09:12 PM
Evolving Member

Haha...service managers aren't given "inside info" on next model vehicles that "might" be released. GM's aren't even given that info...ask me how I know. If lies are the only way they can keep individuals on their salesroom floors, then that is the last trip I would make to that particular dealership. Unless he's a friend and blowing smoke is what gets him through the day.
Old Feb 26, 2011, 09:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by personal_golf
Haha...service managers aren't given "inside info" on next model vehicles that "might" be released. GM's aren't even given that info...ask me how I know. If lies are the only way they can keep individuals on their salesroom floors, then that is the last trip I would make to that particular dealership. Unless he's a friend and blowing smoke is what gets him through the day.
Haha. I was nowhere near the salesroom floor. He was talking me up about my IX over in the service area, and was like, hey I bet you'll be interested in hearing about this..... I don''t know motives, and don't care. I'm getting far enough into my IX that an XI with even 400 hp wouldn't be worth the the cost to "upgrade" to it for me.
Old Feb 26, 2011, 09:44 PM
Evolving Member

999 times out of 1000 what car dealership people "know" is not true. I will not bother to pull up every thread about "my service manager/salessperson/fleet manager/friend of a friend of a friend" on these types of subjects.

Oh wth, here's a few:

Evo X will only be in Auto--my Sales Rep told me so!

Evo X will only use single clutch system
Old Feb 26, 2011, 09:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Fittest
999 times out of 1000 what car dealership people "know" is not true. I will not bother to pull up every thread about "my service manager/salessperson/fleet manager/friend of a friend of a friend" on these types of subjects.

Oh wth, here's a few:

Evo X will only be in Auto--my Sales Rep told me so!

Evo X will only use single clutch system
Preach it brother. I know I've heard some tall tales in my day.
Old Feb 26, 2011, 10:03 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by GG06MR
Preach it brother. I know I've heard some tall tales in my day.

And this one will be added to the list..
Old Feb 26, 2011, 10:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jasserv
And this one will be added to the list..
There is a very good chance of that.
Old Feb 26, 2011, 10:11 PM
Evolving Member

there just saucing you up so you can come back next time to for them trying to make you buy a car. Sales tactics!!! Their just sale people and they don't even have any knowledge of what model will arrive and just trying to make their stupid commission.
Old Feb 26, 2011, 10:18 PM
Evolved Member

^^^ Ya'll are some funny people. I don't know of any service managers that make commissions on vehicle sales. In fact, my best friend from high school is a service manager for a Honda dealership, and he could give a rats @ss about what the salesmen sell. All he really cares about is exceeding his service targets/goals so he can get a big bonus.
Old Feb 26, 2011, 10:29 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unfortunately, no one know the truth path. From my last contact with Japan, there are two road maps that I have been developed. And they are very divergent. Even they are not 100% certain of which one to pursue.

sigh... The decision will be finalized in March

Quick Reply: So a Service Manager tells me the other day...