Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

TunerPro RT software questions

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2005, 08:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TunerPro RT software questions

TurboBob or Scott,

Just a few questions about the TunerPro RT software. In one of the other threads called "Screenshots", there is a snapshot of TurboBob showing the 3D pic of the VE table. I was looking at my VE table but its a tad different. I tried different settings here and there but no luck in getting it like Bobs example. One thing I did notice was that my version is 4.01 and Bob's is 4.12. Is this one of the differences between these two versions?

Also on the VE table, is there any way on version 4.01 to switch from "kpa" on the Y axis to "psi"? I read on another thread that you can do this if you right click on the table, but I wasn't getting anywhere with trying it that way. Here is a snapshot.
Attached Thumbnails TunerPro RT software questions-image1.gif  

Last edited by DrEvo; Dec 11, 2005 at 08:33 PM.
Old Dec 11, 2005, 08:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Use attachments to load a file.

My best guess is that the version Bob was using is for a different vechicle, there might be sligtly different variations to each select car.

I'll get backto you on the PSI to Kpa question, can't remember off the top of my head.
Old Dec 11, 2005, 08:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dryad001
Use attachments to load a file.

My best guess is that the version Bob was using is for a different vechicle, there might be sligtly different variations to each select car.

I'll get backto you on the PSI to Kpa question, can't remember off the top of my head.
Yeah, just fixed it, its getting late.......... LOL! Thats a good possibility also, but if so, it would be a pain to keep different variations of software for each vehicle!!J
Here is a snapshot of my VE table'
Attached Thumbnails TunerPro RT software questions-image4.gif  
Old Dec 12, 2005, 11:27 AM
Evolved Member

Bob, Scott???.........
Old Dec 12, 2005, 01:44 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It is likely you won't need to modify that, but send me an email at sales@ttp-engineering.com so I can send you the most up to date file.
Old Dec 12, 2005, 04:36 PM
Evolving Member

There is a more recent version of tunerpro with improved graphing functions. (4.12)

Its in final test and hasn't been officially released. If anyone wants to try it, I can send it to you.

The axis nomenclatures are just labels. They can be changed to PSI in the XDF file.

I can make a XDF file configured this way if you want.

Bob
Old Dec 12, 2005, 05:31 PM
Account Disabled

We drive JDM derived Evo's but this is the USA, lets default that to Psi so everyone can understand it. This goes for the low/mid/hi set points too if possible. Thanks Bob.
Old Dec 12, 2005, 07:51 PM
Evolving Member

for the low setpoint, - psi, or inches of vaccuum........

I'll work on it.

Bob
Old Dec 12, 2005, 08:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Send it to me Bob I need to fill my laptop up before the long haul drive to meet Scott and party like a rock star for 2.5 weeks. LOL

What are the changes? Just graphing?

dryad001us@yahoo.com is my e-mail

Last edited by dryad001; Dec 12, 2005 at 08:25 PM.
Old Dec 12, 2005, 09:13 PM
Evolving Member

sent software,

Just graphing for now, more stuff coming soon.

Bob
Old Dec 12, 2005, 09:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TurboBob
There is a more recent version of tunerpro with improved graphing functions. (4.12)

Its in final test and hasn't been officially released. If anyone wants to try it, I can send it to you.

The axis nomenclatures are just labels. They can be changed to PSI in the XDF file.

I can make a XDF file configured this way if you want.

Bob
Nice, I wouldn't mind beta testing it. I did notice that you can edit the tables in the .xdf file, but I wasn't sure if this was going to mess with any hardcoded variables/functions already programmed in the MAFT Pro unit. I went ahead and created an xdf file with the variables set to psi. I just converted the equivalent to psi from kpa, since I wasn't sure if it would effect the way the software or unit would function. Here is what I got.
Attached Thumbnails TunerPro RT software questions-image11.gif  

Last edited by DrEvo; Dec 13, 2005 at 02:33 PM.
Old Dec 12, 2005, 09:41 PM
Evolved Member

sent software,

Just graphing for now, more stuff coming soon.

Bob
Please send it to me also, jrmendoza11@gmail.com.....

Thanks
Old Dec 12, 2005, 10:01 PM
Evolved Member

for the low setpoint, - psi, or inches of vaccuum........

I'll work on it.

Bob
I would probably go with inches of vacuum since that is what most of the psi guages in the market use (please correct me if I am wrong). It would be easier to us since everyone is pretty much educated on this already. Keep it uniformed, it will relieve future headaches!!!
Old Dec 12, 2005, 10:26 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DrEvo
Nice, I wouldn't mind beta testing it. I did notice that you can edit the tables in the .xdf file, but I wasn't sure if this was going to mess with any hardcoded variables/functions already programmed in the MAFT Pro unit. I went ahead and created an xdf file with the variables set to psi. I just converted the equivalent to psi from kpa, since I wasn't sure if it would effect the way the software or unit would function. Here is what I got.
Looks fine. The labels don't affect the raw data, just how its displayed. In the case of the axis labels, the only effect is that the MAP tracing won't work since the axis labels are used to determine which cells to highlight to show the cells in use. If you want to use PSI, use - psi for the vaccuum region, so we can link the MAP tracing to the Boost pressure logging variable.

Anyway, the beta software is here:
http://www.bailey-eng.com/SetupTunerProRT_v412.exe

When you install it, there will be some new toolbars that are not used with the MAFT Pro. Just disable them with the view menu.

Bob
Old Dec 12, 2005, 10:57 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by DrEvo
Your conversion is off. 14.5psi is listed x2.

Quick Reply: TunerPro RT software questions