Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

02 Lancer ES Turbo Project

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2011, 04:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
End of the Turbo Lancer Journey

Well guys looks like the lancer was disassembled yesterday and has finished today. Started the car up with the old rom back up and it runs like a charm. Going to a muffler shop tomorrow to get the old the exhaust put back on.

It was nice having the turbo lancer and joining yall. But in reality lets face it theres no way I will be able to reach my 500 hp daily driver without spending tons of money on custom jobs. I learned alot with my lancer and its time fore someone else to enjoy her.

Corndog is now taking my place with the turbo lancer community because he bought my turbo kit. So lets welcome him in.

Ryan CB is the new proud owner of my fully built block, and he is also looking to get a turbo as well for this motor and make some serious power.

Thank you everyone for your help. And now I just wait to get my evo 8 in the next couple weeks and if it falls through again I will just keep saving until I get it.

oh yeah just beacuse I get an evo doesnt mean I will still support the lancer community
Old Jul 17, 2011, 07:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by steven121
Well guys looks like the lancer was disassembled yesterday and has finished today. Started the car up with the old rom back up and it runs like a charm. Going to a muffler shop tomorrow to get the old the exhaust put back on.

It was nice having the turbo lancer and joining yall. But in reality lets face it theres no way I will be able to reach my 500 hp daily driver without spending tons of money on custom jobs. I learned alot with my lancer and its time fore someone else to enjoy her.

Corndog is now taking my place with the turbo lancer community because he bought my turbo kit. So lets welcome him in.

Ryan CB is the new proud owner of my fully built block, and he is also looking to get a turbo as well for this motor and make some serious power.

Thank you everyone for your help. And now I just wait to get my evo 8 in the next couple weeks and if it falls through again I will just keep saving until I get it.

oh yeah just beacuse I get an evo doesnt mean I will still support the lancer community
We will keep you updated on the progress of Ryans car. He will be bringing it down to me in the next few weeks to install the built block and his turbo setup BTW did you leave the evo cluster in the car?
Old Jul 17, 2011, 11:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 03lances
We will keep you updated on the progress of Ryans car. He will be bringing it down to me in the next few weeks to install the built block and his turbo setup BTW did you leave the evo cluster in the car?
03lance thats all you had to say did I leave the cluster in my car lol, yeah its going to stay in there it has the accurate miles of the vehilce because I waited for it to hit the same miles as the cluster. but if your looking for one Im pretty sure I can find you one from my dealer cheap if he has any left over. Last time I saw he has 3 including mine
Old Jul 18, 2011, 12:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cant wait man...i think im down to just some fittings left and just waiting on parts to show up so we can start ...Ill start a thread tomorrow when I get home to doc the progress for all and 2 make sure 03 & I arent missing any parts as im using part of RRM's kit...yeah yeah i know I should have just went custom at this point but whatever. It will get me going for now.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 12:10 AM
Evolved Member

Also hoping with the solid motor mounts/super streets/act clutch/flywheel that I can get some traction :-D LSd is outta the budget this time around way 2 much $$ last couple weeks...
Old Jul 18, 2011, 12:32 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ryancb
Also hoping with the solid motor mounts/super streets/act clutch/flywheel that I can get some traction :-D LSd is outta the budget this time around way 2 much $$ last couple weeks...
I am going to enjoy watching this build! Are you going e85 with that high comp motor?
Old Jul 18, 2011, 06:59 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by steven121
03lance thats all you had to say did I leave the cluster in my car lol, yeah its going to stay in there it has the accurate miles of the vehilce because I waited for it to hit the same miles as the cluster. but if your looking for one Im pretty sure I can find you one from my dealer cheap if he has any left over. Last time I saw he has 3 including mine
You know me lol. Truly am sorry to hear it go but glad to hear your upgrading to an evo. The 500hp goal you seek will be much easier to aquire with that platform.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 07:36 AM
Evolved Member

Honestly, not sure. I sure hope I dont "have" to but lmao there is me not thinking ahead of time...we have 93 i believe here so hoping thats good enough since isnt this not much higher then stock? What would it take to run e85 and what gains would there be other than a higher gas bill
Old Jul 18, 2011, 09:38 AM
Evolved Member

another one gone. at least we are picking up two more turboed lancers.

Steven - you better keep poking your head around this parts.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 12:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ryancb
Honestly, not sure. I sure hope I dont "have" to but lmao there is me not thinking ahead of time...we have 93 i believe here so hoping thats good enough since isnt this not much higher then stock? What would it take to run e85 and what gains would there be other than a higher gas bill
You can tune for 93 octane, but you wont be able to run stupid high boost at that high compression (10.5:1??). On e85 you would be able to. The thing is when dynamic compression is high enough, gas just starts igniting on its own and poorly burning. E85 will resist that longer, so would race fuel. You could run alt maps, and tune one for pump 93 and one for e85.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 02:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by slatermvp
another one gone. at least we are picking up two more turboed lancers.

Steven - you better keep poking your head around this parts.

I will bro, an evo is almost the same thing as the lancer so I will be giving some advice for the noobs on here lol.

Dude this car does not want to leave me at. I just melted the negative terminal completely this morning. Couldnt drive the car at all because I had to work. Bought a new freaking battery that is alot smaller. So I will try to ship everything out tomorrow. Im not trying to delay anything im just constantly running into issues. And since this is my only car traveling is a little difficult.

If your wondering whats going on I carried a car battery around on a motorcycle when I bought the new one....
Old Jul 26, 2011, 08:53 PM
Evolved Member

well the car is back to stock, its so wierd because its slow. To be honest im kinda nervous with getting the evo because the economy. At first I thought it was getting better but I just saw on tv the post office is letting go I think 20,000 jobs... regardless though the post office is letting jobs go, Im not sure what to do at this point, I have applied for jobs non stop and have not received a response back. But I cant back down now, im going to get this car and call it done.

so that was my thought of the day what do yall think about the economy?
Old Jul 26, 2011, 09:46 PM
Evolved Member

I know in my area the economy has not bounced back at all yet. It is for this reason I have not sped up the process on getting my house built as my job is not stable at the moment. As of right now if I lost my job today then with my unemployment and my wifes job we would be absolutely fine until I could find something else. Now if I had a $150,000+ mortgage on top of the one I have for my current home we would be in a world of hurt. The economy still has a ways to go before it actually gets better (despite what certain unnamed individuals say)
Old Jul 27, 2011, 08:33 PM
Evolved Member

The EVO IS HERE!!! The dealer came through, its missing a motor and a transmission so once thats installed I will have my car sometime in the next two weeks!!!
Old Jul 27, 2011, 08:47 PM
Evolved Member

Lol post some pix dude

Quick Reply: 02 Lancer ES Turbo Project