Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

02 Lancer ES Turbo Project

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2011, 08:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by ryancb
Lol post some pix dude
Ill probaby go by the dealership monday or something to look at the car. so yeah Ill take some pics
Old Aug 2, 2011, 06:23 PM
Evolved Member

Well guys the car is officially sold. Thank you for your support. Time to get my evo and start a new road
Old Aug 2, 2011, 07:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When are you picking up the Evo?
Old Aug 2, 2011, 08:36 PM
JRR
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by steven121
Well guys the car is officially sold. Thank you for your support. Time to get my evo and start a new road
how much did you get for it and what mods were still on the car when sold?
Old Aug 6, 2011, 01:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by slatermvp
When are you picking up the Evo?
ill explain this in my next post.

Originally Posted by JRR
how much did you get for it and what mods were still on the car when sold?
2400 salvage title. Just a cold air intake because I couldnt get my evo batttery tray out so I just let it in there. didnt care about price I was trying to get rid of it. To be honest im glad im out of debt and my car was kind of a money pit
Old Aug 6, 2011, 01:19 PM
Evolved Member

ok so heres the status of the evo

NOT GETTING IT... steven why the hell did you sell the lancer then...

Well there was a misunderstanding about price... lets just say my 3500 deposit was pretty much paying for the finance fee besides the evo itself. But I should have thought this through because it is a dealership...

so un conclusion I would have been paying 19,000 for a silver 04 evo 8 all stock with 84,000 miles on it and a new engine that has 11,000 on it.

To me thats a little pricey... so heres what the plan is. My dad is letting me drive his car around and just pay him rent. So I will be putting money away until December - February and just buy my evo around that time. If I do this I can save nearly $8,000 "bank loan vs dealership loan" on an evo. Have 3500 as a down payment. Near perfect credit, and buy an evo from a person not a dealship and get a loan for at least 12-13k and just pay that loan amount off with a 5% interest rate

If I knew the evo would have been this much I would have just kept the turbo lancer for a few more months.
Old Aug 6, 2011, 05:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Woe man that really sucks WHY THE HELL YOU SELL THE LANCER!!!! lol I couldn't resist I've bought ALOT of vehicles in my time, brand new and used. Always gonna find a better deal private party. With a dealer your not only paying mark up resell but the overhead and convience (although nothing convient about it imo) of having numerous cars to check out in one place. Definately find a private seller and then take the car to someone you trust to check it over thoroughly. Another tip is always go through a credit union if possible for a auto loan.

Last edited by 03lances; Aug 6, 2011 at 06:48 PM.
Old Aug 6, 2011, 05:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 03lances
Woe man that really sucks WHY THE HELL YOU SELL THE LANCER!!!! lol I couldn't resist I've bought ALOT of vehicles in my time brand new and used. Always gonna find a better deal private party. With a dealer your not only paying mark up resell but the overhead and convience (although nothing convient about it imo) of have numerous cars to check out in one place. Definately find a private seller and then take the car to someone you trust to check it over thoroughly. Another tip is always go through a credit union if possible for a auto loan.
yea thats what I did with the lancer, you guys taught me alot so I know when inspect the evo I know what to look for
Old Aug 15, 2011, 01:54 PM
Evolved Member

Hey guys if anyone needs a bumper please let me know I dont need mine anymore and its taking up alot of room!!! Make and offer plus shipping
Old Aug 30, 2011, 08:59 PM
Evolved Member

geez guys im going to admit I miss my turbo lancer, im currently driving a mercedes E430 its so slow.... I was debating on getting another lancer and turboing it again lol...

Ok so heres the scoop I applied for a loan about 3 times and no luck they won't give it to me, im seriously getting pissed
A- I live with my parents
B - I would be paying an extra 300 just to pay it off sooner
C - cars are popping up left and right everywhere for evos

so in desperation andto be honest the smart thing to do, im going back to the dealer and just get the evo from him I dont care how much the fact is I want this car and it will be the car I keep. So once we sell the mercedes I will be buying an evo hopefully in november -december its just a matter of time
Old Aug 30, 2011, 09:09 PM
Evolved Member

The way I do cars, I save money until I can buy it outright, no payments. That's partly the reason I don't drive expensive cars ever though. Interest is like flushing money down the toilet, so if you can afford to have a lesser car than an evo to avoid payments, just do that...save what you'd be putting into a car payment, and then when you have it, buy the car outright. Maybe then you'll want something else, but that's life. I'm saving now for a boat/truck....but who knows...maybe I'll want something else in a few years when I save enough.

Anyway, I know...lifes short, drive fast...my old grampa theory doesn't hold up too well.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 09:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by HornstarBU
The way I do cars, I save money until I can buy it outright, no payments. That's partly the reason I don't drive expensive cars ever though. Interest is like flushing money down the toilet, so if you can afford to have a lesser car than an evo to avoid payments, just do that...save what you'd be putting into a car payment, and then when you have it, buy the car outright. Maybe then you'll want something else, but that's life. I'm saving now for a boat/truck....but who knows...maybe I'll want something else in a few years when I save enough.

Anyway, I know...lifes short, drive fast...my old grampa theory doesn't hold up too well.
haha lol, I was going to do that but have you ever had that feeling if something happens to you and you can't drive/own the car you want yeah thats my feeling lol I know its weird but thats not the main reason I just want something that I can pay off, build my credit and have something to be proud of
Old Aug 30, 2011, 09:34 PM
Evolved Member

Im more proud of a custom turbo than if I bought something stock...anyone can just buy something, I mean if I wanted to live with my mom I could spend my would be mortgage on a gtr....but dangit if I don't love the house. All about the priorities...maybe one day I wont have to have them, lotto or something, lol
Old Sep 17, 2011, 09:15 AM
Evolved Member

alright guys so yeah still no car after I sold the lancer, I should not have sold it... super mad because I listened to my dad who kept pressuring me to sell it "because he needed help with money". So it looks like I won't be able to get a car for awhile till I start my new job working full time, and when my credit updates, trying to find a beater car until I can get the car I want. looking at a 240sx or still the evo 8, for some reason the 240sx looks sweet but I don't want a drifter car just something that's fast and looks sweet. Since I still have the old ROM I'm going to work on the evo ROM for you lancer guys and see if I can make it to where the ecu periphery an option so you don't throw a code, and this should help with boosting, idling, etc... So if you want to try it when im done let me know I wanted to test this ROM with my car along time ago before I sold it. Let me know your opinions.

It seems like when I ran the tephra ROM almost complete evo specs my car ran awesome and making some great power without any issues.

oh yeah one more thing DO NOT RUN MAGNACORE COILS... they suck that was my whole boost issue for the past year of going turbo... can't believe I thought it was spark plugs.

also is speed corps still selling manifolds? I want another turbo lancer later on down the road it was the best project I ever done

Last edited by steven121; Sep 17, 2011 at 09:17 AM.
Old Sep 17, 2011, 08:53 PM
Evolved Member

Ouch man, on a plus side we got my car runing today still got a lot of tuning todo as im getting crazy false knock when i am at 50% throttle. Check out my thread in a few for an update.

Quick Reply: 02 Lancer ES Turbo Project