Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

02 Lancer ES Turbo Project

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2010, 09:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by steven121
what does ltft and stft mean and how are they used? I think im understanding this tuning thing a little bit more. When tweaking the maf scaling and maf smoothing what exactly am I looking for when hitting the 11.5 afr on wot and 14.7 for idle and cruise?
short term fuel trim (STFT)
long term fuel trim (LTFT)

Sounds pretty muche exactly like it means. O2 sensor senses your are not 14.7 AFR and makes adjustments to the STFT. If the adjustments continue your LTFT gets adjusted.

We are tweaking your maf scaling and smoothing because your car is inconsistent with the fuel trims. Of course all i have to work with is o2 sensor which isn't that great.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 09:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by RoadSpike
short term fuel trim (STFT)
long term fuel trim (LTFT)

Sounds pretty muche exactly like it means. O2 sensor senses your are not 14.7 AFR and makes adjustments to the STFT. If the adjustments continue your LTFT gets adjusted.

We are tweaking your maf scaling and smoothing because your car is inconsistent with the fuel trims. Of course all i have to work with is o2 sensor which isn't that great.
Ok you think with me having the rear o2 disconnected could cause issues?
Old Aug 3, 2010, 09:32 AM
Evolved Member

Ok you think with me having the rear o2 disconnected could cause issues?
nope
Old Aug 3, 2010, 11:48 AM
Evolved Member

oh man lol Road spike is going to kill me lol, I know you have been working hard on my tune but I found the problem!!! When I teed my vacumn lines awhile back I reused the old ones and it was leaking air. So I used my super cool handy dandy boost leak tester and found my leak in the tee lines, so everytime I boosted it couldnt get the fuel in the engine quick enough to keep up with the demand of air to fuel. the only reason I was running rich was probably because I was still in the vacumn area and not boost.

Ok im about to log a start up and a few revs, im kinda nervous about driving around the block real quick because I don't know how this tune will react since I fixed the leaks
Old Aug 3, 2010, 11:58 AM
Evolved Member

oh man lol Road spike is going to kill me lol, I know you have been working hard on my tune but I found the problem!!! When I teed my vacumn lines awhile back I reused the old ones and it was leaking air. So I used my super cool handy dandy boost leak tester and found my leak in the tee lines, so everytime I boosted it couldnt get the fuel in the engine quick enough to keep up with the demand of air to fuel. the only reason I was running rich was probably because I was still in the vacumn area and not boost.

Ok im about to log a start up and a few revs, im kinda nervous about driving around the block real quick because I don't know how this tune will react since I fixed the leaks
It will probably go lean would be my guess.

Drop the injector scaling back down to 410 or so.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 12:02 PM
Evolved Member

lol it actually starts up rich now low afrs to 10
Old Aug 3, 2010, 12:08 PM
Evolved Member

ok here is an accurate log of no leaks this time

start up
Attached Files
Old Aug 3, 2010, 01:19 PM
Evolved Member

ok here is an accurate log of no leaks this time

start up
I can't use that to tune with..

It shows no airflow, no load, not even o2 feedback and its only 20 seconds long

Edit:

Going to send you a best guess rom anyways. We know your AFR is sitting in the 10's so i'm just going to lower the latency to try and get that back to normal and basically smooth out maf scaling to stop what we were fixing with leaks. I'll lower the timing in the area it knocked to try and stop the light from flashing and also remove the tephra point which calculates airflow.

Last edited by RoadSpike; Aug 3, 2010 at 01:33 PM.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 01:54 PM
Evolved Member

I can't use that to tune with..

It shows no airflow, no load, not even o2 feedback and its only 20 seconds long

Edit:

Going to send you a best guess rom anyways. We know your AFR is sitting in the 10's so i'm just going to lower the latency to try and get that back to normal and basically smooth out maf scaling to stop what we were fixing with leaks. I'll lower the timing in the area it knocked to try and stop the light from flashing and also remove the tephra point which calculates airflow.
ok I sent you an email earlier, I will test this out probably tonight because I found out I work at 5 so at least by tomorrow I will let you know. im going to take the bike today
Old Aug 3, 2010, 02:08 PM
Evolved Member

ok I sent you an email earlier, I will test this out probably tonight because I found out I work at 5 so at least by tomorrow I will let you know. im going to take the bike today
roger that
Old Aug 4, 2010, 10:39 PM
Evolved Member

ok I dont know if anyone remembers but I had car troubles to where I couldnt start my car because it just cuts off before I can crank it. Well I found out that I had some corrosion built up on it... so I got some cleaner stuff and a brush and took care of that pest!!!

quick question did any of you guys change the following to keep your idle down and still use your ac? I almost killed my girlfriend because I couldnt use it and I had all the windows down lol.

on the idle tab it says

desired idle rpm
desired rpm with ac on off etc....

did anyone change these back to the stock settings to keep your car from overheating and have the ability to use ac, or should I leave them alone with the tephra settings?
Old Aug 4, 2010, 10:47 PM
Evolved Member

ok I dont know if anyone remembers but I had car troubles to where I couldnt start my car because it just cuts off before I can crank it. Well I found out that I had some corrosion built up on it... so I got some cleaner stuff and a brush and took care of that pest!!!

quick question did any of you guys change the following to keep your idle down and still use your ac? I almost killed my girlfriend because I couldnt use it and I had all the windows down lol.

on the idle tab it says

desired idle rpm
desired rpm with ac on off etc....

did anyone change these back to the stock settings to keep your car from overheating and have the ability to use ac, or should I leave them alone with the tephra settings?
There shouldn't be an issue with overheating and the tephra patch. Are you positive your fans are working?
Old Aug 4, 2010, 11:25 PM
Evolved Member

There shouldn't be an issue with overheating and the tephra patch. Are you positive your fans are working?
they only come on when I turn on the ac
Old Aug 4, 2010, 11:27 PM
Evolved Member

they only come on when I turn on the ac
Only?

Sounds like only the AC fan is connected and the main fan isn't for some reason or other.

Do you only have 1 fan?
Old Aug 4, 2010, 11:31 PM
Evolved Member

hey roadspike I think I know what the problem was I didnt change the device setup, I had it on mitsubishi mutIII, not the OBDII 96+

let me see if this allows me to logs better

I will email them to you in about 10 mins

Quick Reply: 02 Lancer ES Turbo Project