Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

02 Lancer ES Turbo Project

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2010, 03:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice work bro it doesn't matter how long it took as long as you feel good about your work and didn't cut any corners
Old Jun 13, 2010, 06:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by turbolancer02
the issue is with the wire material and it is measured in as lil as 600-900 millivolts so yes 12" could be a problem ...

I highly highly doubt a company that makes them bosch and mitsu would send us a tech sheet at mitsubishi to ditch them if they've been soldered if its ok to solder sections in Im 100% positive they know their products better then anyone here since they make them

I dont see the issue in just extending the car harness side , it will have no effect on the o2 wiring and its just as easy to do it the correct way, theres absolutely no reason to have to cut the o2 sensor wires .
anyone know where I can buy them for my car? I would prefer that besides cutting wires
Old Jun 13, 2010, 06:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 03lances
Nice work bro it doesn't matter how long it took as long as you feel good about your work and didn't cut any corners
tell you the truth im still kinda nervous,I know I triple checked and everything is good, but you always have that thing in the back of your head like what if something happens, im trying to fight it at the moment, but I know for a fact when I checked they are either at 60 or 5 pounds past it
Old Jun 13, 2010, 06:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
not the same then?

the issue is with the wire material and it is measured in as lil as 600-900 millivolts so yes 12" could be a problem ...

I highly highly doubt a company that makes them bosch and mitsu would send us a tech sheet at mitsubishi to ditch them if they've been soldered if its ok to solder sections in Im 100% positive they know their products better then anyone here since they make them

I dont see the issue in just extending the car harness side , it will have no effect on the o2 wiring and its just as easy to do it the correct way, theres absolutely no reason to have to cut the o2 sensor wires .
So adding wire to the side built in to the car won't increase resistance, but cutting and adding to the removable piece that you buy at autozone will increase resistance?
Old Jun 13, 2010, 06:55 PM
Evolved Member

double checks?

Originally Posted by steven121
tell you the truth im still kinda nervous,I know I triple checked and everything is good, but you always have that thing in the back of your head like what if something happens, im trying to fight it at the moment, but I know for a fact when I checked they are either at 60 or 5 pounds past it
Is it the sort of thing you should go back later and check to make sure they are still tightened to the right ft lbs?
Old Jun 13, 2010, 08:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by HornstarBU
Is it the sort of thing you should go back later and check to make sure they are still tightened to the right ft lbs?
I tripled check today, but your right safety first I will just check at the 50 mile mark and if its good to go the its time to push the car again
Old Jun 13, 2010, 08:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Normally when you change a head gasket you will go back after at least 3 warm up periods to retorque the head on but in this case he just changed the bolts out. I would retorque them in about a week to confirm their still in spec.

Steven, I still have my radio off lol. I havent turned it on since the install I am still paranoid I will miss some sound or noise that shouldnt be there haha.
Old Jun 13, 2010, 09:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 03lances
Normally when you change a head gasket you will go back after at least 3 warm up periods to retorque the head on but in this case he just changed the bolts out. I would retorque them in about a week to confirm their still in spec.

Steven, I still have my radio off lol. I havent turned it on since the install I am still paranoid I will miss some sound or noise that shouldnt be there haha.
hahahahaha oh that made me laugh I was the same way when I put on the studs, like when I started I heard a whistle and I was like oh sh** and then I heard it again and I was like omg I messed up the torque pattern but then I heard it again and I found out it was a bird lol
Old Jun 13, 2010, 09:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
ARP head studs don't stretch. Switching to studs moves the pressure from the head of the bolt to the threaded stud itself. So once they're tightened down, they don't move.
Old Jun 13, 2010, 10:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by senate6268
ARP head studs don't stretch. Switching to studs moves the pressure from the head of the bolt to the threaded stud itself. So once they're tightened down, they don't move.
so basically dont touch them at all? And should I break them in still or should I just be good to go, its been awhile since I got them from you and havent installed them
Old Jun 14, 2010, 04:08 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by senate6268
Ditto But I'd recheck just to be safe , when I installed the new head on my talon I didnt listen to the radio for a month ..lol

when I did the timing belt on my car I checked it around 6 times just to be sure

Last edited by turbolancer02; Jun 14, 2010 at 04:10 AM.
Old Jun 14, 2010, 04:13 AM
Evolving Member

So adding wire to the side built in to the car won't increase resistance, but cutting and adding to the removable piece that you buy at autozone will increase resistance?
yes because of the wire , its not copper wire in the o2's
Old Jun 14, 2010, 10:49 AM
Evolved Member

yes because of the wire , its not copper wire in the o2's
well do you still know where I can get the harness at to extend? I really dont want to cut anything unless I have to. And if theres no harness to buy can you post up a pic or explain how to set that up so I dont increase resistance?
Old Jun 14, 2010, 08:37 PM
Evolved Member

OMG my heart almost dropped earlier, so I was driving and I saw a sprinkler head shooting water in the air, so this dude with a mustang let me pass him, and when I hit the water the tires start spinning which was fine, but then they kepted spinning or it felt like the car was hopping, and I started smelling something in my car like burning engine oil or something, so I thought it was the studs, I pulled over looked under the hood and didnt see nothing wrong, so I babied the car home and here I am now? Does anyone might know what exactly happened or can give me a clue? could it be the moly burning, or the headstuds just getting use to the heat again, or is the head not tight enough. NEED HELP
Old Jun 14, 2010, 10:07 PM
Evolved Member

yikes, tell us more

Originally Posted by steven121
OMG my heart almost dropped earlier, so I was driving and I saw a sprinkler head shooting water in the air, so this dude with a mustang let me pass him, and when I hit the water the tires start spinning which was fine, but then they kepted spinning or it felt like the car was hopping, and I started smelling something in my car like burning engine oil or something, so I thought it was the studs, I pulled over looked under the hood and didnt see nothing wrong, so I babied the car home and here I am now? Does anyone might know what exactly happened or can give me a clue? could it be the moly burning, or the headstuds just getting use to the heat again, or is the head not tight enough. NEED HELP
Tell me more, where you accelerating when the tires spun? Did you let up on the gas and they still spun? Does anything feel wrong now? Did it feel like the car all the sudden lost power? Do you see anything leaking? Did you floor it to pass the mustang? Do you have a cold air intake that goes down low enough that it can suck water up if you hit a puddle?

Quick Reply: 02 Lancer ES Turbo Project