Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

02 Lancer ES Turbo Project

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2010, 01:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got to thinking and whatever my oil pressure gauge is reading is obviously what is going through my feed line as well since its coming off the same set of ports so I'm good there. I understand what turbolancer is saying but I know I'm good there. As far as the adapter coming off when changing oil goes if you did it correct there's no way that will happen. You put the filter on snug hand tight where the adapter is much tighter using a wrench to secure it down.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 02:09 PM
JRR
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my oil pressure is the same and i just put in a new greddy a few months ago...

josh - now its D-DAY for the subie!
Old Jul 1, 2010, 09:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
GREAT NEWS!!! IM TURBOED its so sweet you can hear the turbo spool up, I havent boosted yet because everything is pretty much still getting used to running, plus 03 lance your tune is actually letting my car run but it seems like when I accelerate it wont go any higher? not sure why but we will see in about a week when I get the car used to running with the turbo, I will post pics of my setup tomorrow plus the front bumper has to go on anyways so thank you to everyone for making my dream possible of driving and owning my first turbocharged car!!! And If I need anything else with my car I will make sure to ask people, next steps now is a tactrix cable, window tint, alarm system and then rims and im done with the car officially!!!
Old Jul 1, 2010, 09:40 PM
Evolved Member

hey im also having some problems with my greddy oil pressure gauge? its not moving for some reason but it lights up? I screwed it in the oil sandwhich adapter, pluged it in, and it didnt move? not sure why but I will double check everything tomorrow
Old Jul 1, 2010, 09:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by steven121
hey im also having some problems with my greddy oil pressure gauge? its not moving for some reason but it lights up? I screwed it in the oil sandwhich adapter, pluged it in, and it didnt move? not sure why but I will double check everything tomorrow
Did you possibly hook the wires up backwards? I know I almost did it confused me for a second at first. What do you mean by it wont go any higher?
Old Jul 1, 2010, 09:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by 03lances
What do you mean by it wont go any higher?
+1...
Old Jul 1, 2010, 10:35 PM
JRR
Evolved Member

did you happen by chance cut and splice the wire that goes from the sensor to the gauge? i did that and i had to get a new wire...

josh
Old Jul 1, 2010, 10:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JRR
did you happen by chance cut and splice the wire that goes from the sensor to the gauge? i did that and i had to get a new wire...

josh

dang it yes I did... it was to big to fit through the small gromet under the dash... well I pretty much suck now
Old Jul 1, 2010, 10:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 03lances
Did you possibly hook the wires up backwards? I know I almost did it confused me for a second at first. What do you mean by it wont go any higher?
Originally Posted by senate6268
+1...
like it feels like it bogs down or something, or maybe I was babying the car kinda scared to boost it, but everything seems to be running pretty normal, I have a check engine light but thats because of the o2 sensor on the bottom is taken off becuase I had the guy weld the bung to close to the bottom of the car... cant really explain it, maybe I take the car a little faster than today just to see where I stand at with your tune. hopefully the tune is starting to mesh together
Old Jul 1, 2010, 10:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Youre never done with the car...
Old Jul 1, 2010, 11:24 PM
Evolved Member

like it feels like it bogs down or something, or maybe I was babying the car kinda scared to boost it, but everything seems to be running pretty normal, I have a check engine light but thats because of the o2 sensor on the bottom is taken off becuase I had the guy weld the bung to close to the bottom of the car... cant really explain it, maybe I take the car a little faster than today just to see where I stand at with your tune. hopefully the tune is starting to mesh together
If I may urge you not to push it at all until you get your cable and can actually see what your engine is doing. You may seem to think its running pretty good and peppy but the fact is you have never felt your car with a turbo and coud really not be doing to well and you might not even notice. This is one of the reasons I had my cable long before I went turbo so I was not tempted to do this without being informed of my engine info
Old Jul 2, 2010, 07:34 AM
Evolved Member

From what I've read, I'm really onboard with what 03lances says. People are running 10 psi on our cars safely, but only because of meticulous tuning. If you have a sloppy tune that isn't meant for your car, or you use an FMU or something like that that is just an approx of what your fuel should do....you're not safe.

Without sounding like your mommy..."No wide open throttle until you get the tune personalized, can see the knock, and can log the AFRs"

*EDIT* oh crap, I forgot. GRATZ on the TURBO!!!
Old Jul 2, 2010, 07:35 AM
Evolved Member

well im taking it really easy on the car right now until I get my tactrix cable im not boosting and im keeping my vacumn in between 10-to 22 when im driving, I have really good vacumn but thats the reason im nervous to push it, which tactrix cable should I buy?
Old Jul 2, 2010, 09:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
well im taking it really easy on the car right now until I get my tactrix cable im not boosting and im keeping my vacumn in between 10-to 22 when im driving, I have really good vacumn but thats the reason im nervous to push it, which tactrix cable should I buy?
You can push the car a little higher in vacuum. All you need to do is keep the ECU out of open loop. If you keep your shifts below 3500 or so and keep the throttle below 50% and you'll be fine.
Old Jul 2, 2010, 10:07 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by senate6268
You can push the car a little higher in vacuum. All you need to do is keep the ECU out of open loop. If you keep your shifts below 3500 or so and keep the throttle below 50% and you'll be fine.
so what exactly is open loop, and what do you suggest I do so I can drive her normally?

Last edited by steven121; Jul 2, 2010 at 10:09 AM.

Quick Reply: 02 Lancer ES Turbo Project