Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

Green_Bandit's 16g build thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2017, 09:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Lol definitely not getting a second Lancer.

So the Lancer quit on me last week. Nothing major I believe. I pulled into my driveway and before I shut it off I noticed like a wheezing sound. Thought that was odd, popped the good and did a quick eyeball and didn't see anything. Tried to start it the next morning and the battery is dead. Again. I can't keep a good battery charge in this case to save my life. Jumped it, and reved it a bit and it was stumbling. I have a feeling the battery is completely done and it's stumbling because there's barely voltage to run the ECU. I think that odd sound I noticed may be coming from the alternator possibly. No alternator light on, that was replaced maybe 2.5 years ago with a new parts store unit. Battery is about a year old. So idk. Maybe that failed and the vampire drain finished the battery.

So in the meantime I'm changing the plugs, doing a compression test, and oil test to Blackstone to get a picture on the engine's health. It has over 180k!

And looking to get a protune on the Leggy next month. If they do well I may consider sending the Lancer up there too. Depending on it's health of course.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 08:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I hope you figured the problem out. I've been daily driving my lancer for a while now and still running strong at 11psi. I still have some problems with cold weather. I'm running super rich until the car gets up to temp. I have a "tiny" battery and will have to swap back to the original size to do my tuning. This little battery doesn't give the ecu enough juice to flash (FYI). I hope you're doing well. Jake.
The following users liked this post:
Green_Bandit (Sep 22, 2020)
Old Sep 22, 2020, 11:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Hey all. This is it for me and the Lancer. Sold it off not long ago. I hope all this commentary helps you as the community helped me over the years. I was able to ****** off almost everything of value and it's going up on the market place.

I hope I can help you build a cool Lancer as well. It taught me a lot and introduced me to this hobby. Best of luck guys!