Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

Jake's 06 ES Lancer Build

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2015, 11:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nice, yeah my tune is solid. I'm just cruising and enjoying the car for now Been tuning almost daily the past couple of months and its finally paying off.
Old Aug 11, 2015, 07:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
Originally Posted by jakermeister
Nice, yeah my tune is solid. I'm just cruising and enjoying the car for now Been tuning almost daily the past couple of months and its finally paying off.
yeah, I used to be like that...now I tune less often cause I have it running pretty good, but I'm still chasing more power, so I'm back to tuning quite often...you'll always be tuning it constantly, that's normal, hehehe...

one thing I forgot to mention, I'm running ARP head studs, so the block and head is stock, but I installed them for some peace of mind...you might want to consider it if you haven't already, on my engine the head could lift off the block between 10 and 12 psi...not sure about the 4G94...I've been following your build, but I forget if you did the studs or not...
Old Aug 12, 2015, 10:00 PM
Evolved Member

No studs. I've been meaning to get them though. Lately I've just been cruising to work and enjoying the car.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 09:34 AM
Evolved Member

Nothing new to report. I've been tinkering with speed density but haven't been able to try the evo 9 SD rom yet. i've tried the SD rom roadspike made but my lancer just does not like running that automatic rom. Looking into I think the lancer "latency base" and evo "latency base" are different. I haven't been able to confirm it because my usb on my laptop started to break down. So I'll have to pull out my backup laptop and order a battery for it. If the "latency base" is different I will be switching over to the automatic rom as it has more items defined in it than the tephra rom. It may be why I'm my injector latencys have no affect on my AFR in closed loop. I think I'll be uploading my evo roms so any new people starting out will have a descent area to start from. I don't mind sharing my hard work.
Old Nov 21, 2015, 01:55 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any new updates yet?
Old Dec 8, 2015, 08:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
updates?
Old Dec 14, 2015, 02:01 PM
Evolved Member

Nothing new to update. Its snowing here so I've been using my truck lately. I still need to see if the "latency base" is my issue with my injectors while in closed loop. I'm still running the evo 9 rom in open loop. It runs great but has issues with running rich when the engine is cold. My AFR is down in the 10's until the car starts to warm up. Other than that everything has been good. O there is one issue with my dome light. It went off about a month ago and I can't find any blown fuses.

Still haven't messed with speed density yet. I'll be going back to school here this spring so I've been busy getting ready for that. I may have more time when I go to school to mess with my rom. My schedule is pretty descent. My wife and I also had a son back in April so I've been busy with him.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 11:33 PM
Evolved Member

Small update. I tested the SD rom but the car didn't want to run. I'll have to look over the rom and see what's wrong. For now I'm just sticking with the regular tephra7 rom. Car is still running great at 11 psi. I also changed my wheel bearings, tie rods, ball joints, timing belt and water pump a few weeks ago. Car is running great still. I hope to get to the SD rom in the summer. I've been busy with school. Here's a short clip of the car hitting 11 psi.

Old May 16, 2016, 02:03 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glad to see you enjoying the car bro. Thanks for all the feed back during development of that turbo kit.