Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

Where to start?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2012, 01:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where to start?

Hello everyone. I hope this is the right spot to post this, oh, it has to be. My ultimate goal is to go turbo with my 06 lancer ES. Im new to this and have no mods yet, and I have been doing tons of research, i understand for the most part what i need to have and do to get a turbo installed on my car, and im trying to learn everthing i can about all this... this thing is my daily so i don't want to blow it up by bein impatient and making mistakes.

If someone had a good order of mods to get ready for the big chalupa i'd appreciate that. Im planning on staying low boost, at the moment im not interested in redoing my internals to go higher... just want a little more power.

As i said, this is my daily so i'll have to upgrade in stages to minimize downtime, i can't afford for my car to be out for too long.

I am thinking about starting at the exhaust, clutch and lowering 1.5 inches.
Could i do the exhaust first so that its ready for the Turbo, While staying functional while still nasp?

I guess if ya'll could help me figure out the supporting mods that i should do before the turbo, and some words of warning, myself and my car (cause it didnt get blown up) would be grateful. Cheers

Last edited by Sniffinpaint; Apr 23, 2012 at 01:15 PM. Reason: left something out
Old Apr 23, 2012, 01:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
As far as mods go I'd say do the exhaust. But for na you don't want to go over 2.25 and get a test pipe or the materials for one so when it comes time to make that 8" pipe you have something to work with. Unless you just take it to an exhaust shop. Other than that look at a short ram intake so you have a filter and MAF adapter for your turbo. Beyond those 3 things save your money.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 08:24 PM

Alright, thanks dude, i guess that's where I'm gonna start.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 08:31 PM
Evolving Member

Where in wa are you? Depending on what you want to spend you could always go to English Racing and have them to the turbo and tune for you.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 09:28 PM

I'm like 45 mins north of Seattle. I can't spend too much at once, or have my car down for too long. That's why i gotta go in stages, though i do want to start upgrading as i can bit by bit to up performance a little, with the turbo being the last performance mod. (Basically i want to do everything i can so that when I'm crunching and saving for the the turbo kit, i've already done everything else so i can have the extra bang while i wait for the big gun) I have access to a shop where i can do much of the work myself with my mechanic buddy.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 09:37 PM
Evolved Member

read my build thread. Its basically what your talking about did all the pre turbo work before we did turbo on mine.