Notices
Lancer Audio and Security (All models) Discuss new audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Security System

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2005, 01:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Security System

In need of a decent security system. I believe there are kinds out there that if you get too close to a car it'll go off.

If you know of anything similiar to this, PM or reply back.

Thanks.
Old Nov 21, 2005, 02:13 PM
Evolved Member

It is any security with a motion sensor; some come with it standard-and some it's an added feature you can buy separately.
Old Nov 21, 2005, 04:33 PM
Evolving Member

you mean proximity sensors right? motion sensors would go on the inside of the car(popular with convertables). I'd check Compustar security systems for that stuff. Sorry I don't have and model numbers, not too familiar with security systems.
Old Nov 22, 2005, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by logikalliquid
you mean proximity sensors right? motion sensors would go on the inside of the car(popular with convertables). I'd check Compustar security systems for that stuff. Sorry I don't have and model numbers, not too familiar with security systems.
Yeah proximity sensors is what I'm looking for....
Old Nov 22, 2005, 07:23 PM
Evolving Member

There are a lot of alarms out there with proximity sensors. I believe that almost all alarms you buy will come with the standard proximity sensor, which will go off when someone opens your door and such. The one you should probably look for is a dual proximity sensor. That way, the sensor can cover the inside areas of the car, and the outside areas, too. The alarm I have is from DEI. DEI is a maker of many alarms, like Python, Viper, etc. Most brands should have what you're looking for.
Old Nov 22, 2005, 07:33 PM

dealerlocator@compustar.com

just send them an email with your zip code asking frr dealerd near you or go to their web site www.compustat.com . from what i have researched on this site they are one of the best along with dei products (viper,python..) hope this helps

joe
Old Nov 22, 2005, 07:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
/\ they are a good company. Another one you might want to look into is DEI. I know circuit city carries Python, and best buy (dont get it installed there) carries viper. They are both the same thing, they just come in different boxes with a different name on them because two major companies cant sell the same product which then creates competition over the same brand...

DEI makes a great proximity sensor that comes with a t-harness so you can just plug it into the brain of your unit and the other two harnesses go to your shock sensor and prox.
Old Nov 22, 2005, 07:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
One thing to keep in mind though is how sensitive you set the prox to. Yea it si is nice to have it set to the point that when someone puts there hands up to your windows to see it it chirps at them. But this also becomes a pain when leaves, and hard rain come into the mix...just something to keep in mind..

The only way someone can get into your car is by opening you door, or breaking your window. And the force it takes to break a window will set the shock sensor off for sure..