Notices
Lancer Audio and Security (All models) Discuss new audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

How To: Installing Mitsubishi Aux/MP3 cable

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2007, 09:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
excellent white up!!!!

now i am thinking of getting 1 for my ipod!!!!!!!!

thanks man
Old Oct 2, 2007, 11:35 AM

I really want to do this when I get my GTS in 2 weeks!
You said the connector was only $50 to buy? Where? I asked the dealer today how much it would be and he said over $400 with installation, and like $250 without installation. I was like, 'wtf, mate?'
And then he started giving me crap that if I install it myself I'm going to put my warranty at risk.
I guess my question is, with this installation, how likely is it to make a big mistake like that?
Dealers....such scammers.
Old Oct 2, 2007, 06:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
http://www.yourmitsubishipart.com/PD...aspx?MakeID=19

about $50 shipped. My dealer said it wud be $250 for install.. F THAT.

Do it yourself, its not that hard.
Old Oct 3, 2007, 10:30 AM

I tried installing my cable on my GTS today and when i got to the step to put in the new wires, there are already wires in those spots. is it ok to take those out? what do they do?
Old Oct 4, 2007, 04:40 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ChokingChicken
I tried installing my cable on my GTS today and when i got to the step to put in the new wires, there are already wires in those spots. is it ok to take those out? what do they do?
Does your GTS already have Aux/MP3 ports installed? Look for two Aux Jacks located under the headunit inside the little storage space behind the shifter?

What color are the wires? What features/factory options does your Lancer have?
Old Oct 9, 2007, 09:54 AM

i got trouble removing the trim.....

can you say more about "lifting up the trim"?.. i seems that the trim is complete glued on the dash even tho i've removed all the screws u've mentioned
Old Oct 10, 2007, 04:02 AM

Originally Posted by fatyin

can you say more about "lifting up the trim"?.. i seems that the trim is complete glued on the dash even tho i've removed all the screws u've mentioned
I am eager to buy the cable and try it out myself, but the trim piece has me worried as well....

BTW, while I'm at the radio, is there a direct connection for the tweeter speakers on the head unit?
Old Oct 10, 2007, 12:04 PM
Evolving Member

Nice write up, If i had an 08 this would be a great resource.

-But on the flip side...

Boo,mitsu would go with the double din (or atleast thats what it looks like to me) - For the radio.

Just purchase an aftermarket deck and buy a $5.00 hookup. (Very easy, But unfortunatly mine is like cutting out... *lol*)
Old Oct 13, 2007, 02:02 PM
Evolving Member

Is this only for the 08's? Or will it work on other years?
Old Oct 14, 2007, 06:48 AM

Going back to what ChokingChicken was saying... has anyone tried installing this adaptor on a GTS model without sun and sound and found wires already in the 18-pin connector where the new wires are supposed to go?
Mr.Chicken, did you end up fixing this problem?
Old Oct 14, 2007, 09:55 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by fatyin

There is only one screw holding the fake C/F trim piece to the dash, and many clips. You need to pull up on the trim very slowly, and be careful not to crack it. The trim may feel glued to the dash, but its not.

Originally Posted by Papote
I am eager to buy the cable and try it out myself, but the trim piece has me worried as well....

BTW, while I'm at the radio, is there a direct connection for the tweeter speakers on the head unit?
Do not let the trim piece worry you! I am not sure if there is a direct connection for the tweeter speakers on the headunit. I only have four speakers. I imagine if you have the tweeter speakers, the wires are installed in the same pigtail harness.

Originally Posted by MX41
Is this only for the 08's? Or will it work on other years?
This kit is for the 2008. You would have to check with Mitsubishi to see if they make this cable for the pre-08's.
Old Oct 15, 2007, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by adahn
Going back to what ChokingChicken was saying... has anyone tried installing this adaptor on a GTS model without sun and sound and found wires already in the 18-pin connector where the new wires are supposed to go?
Mr.Chicken, did you end up fixing this problem?
I did the wires were there allready, THEY look to just go to another point behind the cuby hole under the dash that since the SS in not installed just plugs into nothing at all. I have some pics i'll post them once i get them off the camera.
Old Nov 1, 2007, 02:37 PM

AUX Cable number

what is the parts # on that AUX cable? cause it says there is a AUX cable and the Ipod Cable. I don't have an Ipod just some MP3 player and i was wondering if it makes a difference which one i buy. is it the MZ360136EX or MZ360224EX?
Old Nov 5, 2007, 10:59 AM
Evolving Member

The cable I have installed in my Lancer is part #MZ360136EX. This cable will allow you to use an iPod or any other mp3 device. I have my cable hooked up to my Zune device in my car.

I think the part #MZ360224EX is for the same exact cable, but not 100% positive. When I search this part number, I get the same results as the other number.
Old Nov 6, 2007, 08:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
just installed this bought it off ebay for 49 shipped from a Mitsubishi dealership in San Bernardino CA. Install took about 25 minutes and it sounds great, I now wish I didnt pay 65 for my stupid FM transmitter which works good but not as good as this. Great write up.

Quick Reply: How To: Installing Mitsubishi Aux/MP3 cable