Notices

Need help with installing 1.29 :-(

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2010, 09:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help with installing 1.29 :-(

So i bought a laptop off a friend (compaq evo N610c) its got windows xp pro, 40 gig hard drive, 1 gig of ram. and i got a little usb flash drive to transfer all of my stuff i use on the laptop at home to the new laptop. I saved the 1.29 setup for ecuflash. I get as far as setting up the tactrix drivers but it wont seem to locate or install them... i need some help guys so i can continue to tune my car!!! here is the screen print where im having the problem!

It will stay on this screen forever, after 48 min i gave up and closed the screen. I have tried to uninstall it and re-install and still wont help. when i did the same thing on the laptop at home it took no longer than two seconds and then the screen poped up saying something like the tactrix cable drivers have been installed succesfully. I can open ecuflash and read roms and all but it wont connect to my car. When i connect the tactrix cable to the car and go into "conrol panel" "system" "hardware devices" it shows "open port 1.3U" and if i click on it is tells me im missing the drivers! HornstarBU i need some help here!
Old Oct 16, 2010, 10:48 AM
Evolved Member

from that screen, click on update or install driver or whatever. the one in control panel, system, device manager or whereever you saw it. try to point the path of where the driver is by saying "have disk" or whatever, and browse to that directory in the screen shot. c:\program files\openecu\ecuflash\drivers\x86 or 64, depending on your os. See if it can update the driver like that.
Old Oct 16, 2010, 04:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by HornstarBU
from that screen, click on update or install driver or whatever. the one in control panel, system, device manager or whereever you saw it. try to point the path of where the driver is by saying "have disk" or whatever, and browse to that directory in the screen shot. c:\program files\openecu\ecuflash\drivers\x86 or 64, depending on your os. See if it can update the driver like that.

Ok hmm.. well i took some more screen shots, hopefully you can help me out with how to direct the driver locations? Im not sure really what to do.. here are some more shots in order of what actions i took:

What am i doing wrong dude?
Old Oct 16, 2010, 04:29 PM
Evolved Member

why do you use 1.29, I thought you were using 1.38 for your cable.

I guess if you aren't, you could try https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...cable-fix.html
I hear you need some sort of special version for the 1.3 cable...i think this is it, not sure.
Old Oct 16, 2010, 04:58 PM
Evolved Member

why do you use 1.29, I thought you were using 1.38 for your cable.

I guess if you aren't, you could try https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...cable-fix.html
I hear you need some sort of special version for the 1.3 cable...i think this is it, not sure.

I think thats for the 1.3M i was using 1.29 with the 1.3U on my "home" laptop just fine...weird..hmm..idk what to do
Old Oct 16, 2010, 05:01 PM
Evolved Member

Just tried that one, and no luck with that even opening..it said "could not be found" damn.. There has to be a way to get 1.29 to work
Old Oct 16, 2010, 06:54 PM
Evolved Member

probably best to try uninstalling, and then deleting the ecuflash folder from program files.

As for the driver issue, there has to be a way to get it to work. It's hard for me to tell what's going wrong, I saw the screen shots but they are sort of all over the place.

try using that dpinst file, it ought to be the thing that installs the driver during the auto install. Other thing is to use the driver, but it's hard for me to walk you through that. It should be like, in the device manager and then like "update driver" or whatever, then just point the path to the one in your last screen shot. That should be like the way of manually installing the driver
Old Oct 16, 2010, 07:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Your install was going fine. The reason it was sitting at that screen was because the driver install window popped up behind the setup window and was waiting for you go click it. It's the window that is hidden behind the setup window.
Old Oct 16, 2010, 08:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by senate6268
Your install was going fine. The reason it was sitting at that screen was because the driver install window popped up behind the setup window and was waiting for you go click it. It's the window that is hidden behind the setup window.

Hmm thats weird, i never noticed that before. I just tried to re-create that and it wouldnt pop up. Ive tried un-installing ecuflash and also delete the openECU folder and tried re-installing but no luck.. im still stuck in the same screen. ECUflash will open, but it cant connect to the car
Old Oct 16, 2010, 08:17 PM
Evolved Member

probably best to try uninstalling, and then deleting the ecuflash folder from program files.

As for the driver issue, there has to be a way to get it to work. It's hard for me to tell what's going wrong, I saw the screen shots but they are sort of all over the place.

try using that dpinst file, it ought to be the thing that installs the driver during the auto install. Other thing is to use the driver, but it's hard for me to walk you through that. It should be like, in the device manager and then like "update driver" or whatever, then just point the path to the one in your last screen shot. That should be like the way of manually installing the driver

Ok, so i deleted the OpenECU folder from the program files, and un-installed ECUflash, and re-installed it and im stuck in the same stupid screen! Grr Also i tried to click on the DPinst icon and it opens up, its the driver setup for ecuflash..when i click "i accept this EULA" and click next, i get the same screen "looking for device drivers" and it wont move on from there.. On my home laptop it only takes like a second and then a screen appears saying that the tactrix ports or whatever have been installed and are ready to use... it wont get to that screen and i dont understand whats happening here. Another thing thats weird is when i go into control panel and click "add hardware" it tells me i can only add one device at a time and there is one undergoing install and to try back again after its installed.. not sure if thats related to the ecuflash or not?
Old Oct 16, 2010, 08:33 PM
Evolved Member

**UPDATE** I got it to work! i did the "update driver" and instead of windows searching for drivers i told it where to look and it worked! I can read from the ecu now and everything. Thanks bro! Now i have to figure out evoscan hahahha