Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

Fujita SRI?

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2008, 10:37 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I talked to Fujita a few weeks ago about this cel problem. Basically, what they've told me was, is it was an ecu problem. They said they were working on this with Mitsu and to keep an eye out for a service bulletin. If you bought it, make sure you filed out the warranty card. If you threw it out, call them and they will email you another one. This was directly from Fujita, and that's all I know for now.
Old May 7, 2008, 06:48 AM

hmm weird...the SES light came on yesterday again...then after driving for a while it cutoff.. has any1 had their light turn off on its own or do u have to reset it everytime?
Old May 7, 2008, 07:41 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by krayzrushin
well supposedly that's what they fixed on the new one...the position of the sensor. Its interesting that not everybody is getting the SES.
my whole point is, there should be a problem in the first place. They didnt run the car thru its paces and didnt test it across multiple trims and lot numbers of production.
R&D 101 and so far they have failed on two counts. I dont rip into Fujitas overall reputation, but at the same time I will rip into a specific product if its clear to see they didnt test it. I am attempting to do my own R&D on a limited scale, but I wouldnt evne dream of selling something or slap my name on something if I wasnt 100% sure I felt I did everything to put it thru its paces and sure it worked.

If your not past your 30 time frame , I would send it back and get your money back, make a video of your intake with your Check engine light and send that to the vendor who sold it to you if you have any problems. Worst case, you can go nuclear and contact your credit card company.

If you are past your return time frame, then go back take the intake off and inspect the gasket seals around the MAF sensor, if the light comes on right away after you reset the ECU, try taking off the filter run it again and see if the filter is too restrictive / air tumble, that can do it as well.

Bottom line if your intake is tripping a Check Engine light, you sure as well dont want to the dealer to see and make a note of that. its not a biggy, but its on the record and could be used against you in a warranty dispute for engine specific matters. If you cause your engine to run constantly out of spec, then you deserve the cold hard slap of a repair bill. lol
Old May 14, 2008, 04:47 PM

well installed and got a CEL i dont know if i should remove it and go back to stock and return the intake or try the MAF fix with some silicone