Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

~~~ EVOSOUL Project Road Map

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2007, 09:05 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
~~~ EVOSOUL Project Road Map

Project Dark Horse: Dual Exhaust 95%

Pending a few adjustments in terms of the direction of the tips, both tips will not aim straight back but will aim slightly outward. This will ensure a line up of the right cutout and allow for cutting out the left side to be perfectly balance. Although it would look nicer if they were position pointing slightly inward, it cant be done and yet keep mounting the exhaust stable and secure.
This project is generally complete! Time for beer
We went with the C2 Exhaust version aka EVOSOUL MK2 Dual Exhaust
Special thanks to
Frank from Majestic
Mark as point man and getting all the elements to line up, welders, piping, and all other phone contacts that you *****ed at.
Ty aka Japanese Wonder for the computer models / specs and flow dynamics, info on Mivec, and ECU firmware stuff

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Project SHIVA: Cold Air Intake 50 %
Creating Relocation Kit for battery,piping is generally straight forward. Now if RRM is really working on one, that would be really nice lol
Status is on hold until James gets off his *** and delievers me that high temp plastic!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Project Falcon: Extended - Short Ram Intake 50%
The scoop has been tested and provides great airflow, but realize that the engine bay gets rather dirty. So we will be creating a top down heat shield that will force air up passing the filter and then back down under the car. and not just up and around the engine by.
Status is on hold
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Project Big Mouth - Short Ram with fin design 80%
Made alot of refinements, to elminate problems with the design. Short Ram with a wire frame fin design for inhibit air tumble and enhance air flow, 5% fuel gain.
Sold Original, need to create a new one.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Project Smart Burn -Expanded - 100%
I now have Volenteers to test a theory behind the fuel economy of the car and testing a few minor mods vs. stock or near stock cars. It is possible to achieve low mpg during mixed city and extremely low fuel burn during highway.

I have already prepared my method. 4 cars will complete a trip between gas stations 60km from A to B with one configuration and then B to A with a swap of car configurations. Cars will be prepped, fully fuelled and rolled out at the same time, then will travel the full distance to the end point, refuel to full tank and compare Fuel loss in take.

The cars needed are
1 complete stock CVT Auto
2 RRM SRI CVT Auto
3 RRM SRI CVT with RRM Exhaust
4 Stock Manual 5 speed (his purpose is to be a human benchmark)
5 RRM SRI 5Speed
6 RRM SRI 5Speed with RRM Exhaust
I will be providing 2 cars with a few tweaks to the intake, + Dual Exhaust

In lap B, if car 1 and 2 doesnt mind, they will swap there intake parts to ensure there is no discrepency between their cars. I may or may not swap during this test, and may go head to head with the most effcient pick. 1 2 or 3.

a max speed on all city streets will be observed including on highway. There will not be any drafting allowed. And a GPS tracker will be loaded in each car that has time indexing enabled. to allow us to compensate for any stop time that may occur if we get caught between red lights * unlikely. For those who are familure with highway 7 north of toronto. It will be a midnight cruise and we will attempt to do it on a dry winter day. Air temp will affect the results but that will be recorded as well.

I will post this request in its own thread when I am ready to begin. But all volenteers get 3 beers on me? from the 12 pack i am going to buy. To be enjoyed after the run, lol not before

What this will involve is actually a bit of a financial hit because I will require all to have a full tank of gas for this run. and at these gas prices I know your not looking forward to that. We will be using less then a quarter tank of gas so hopefully the beer and the figure food i will provide will calm you hungry wolves. I will post the offical thread for this both in the canadian forum for sign ups, here for in the Egine forum for updates and the game plan.
Target date is Mid Dec.
Old Nov 18, 2007, 02:39 AM
Former Sponsor

this is a good laugh for everyone, have a sponsor from a very strange source, My insurance company has placed a hold on any GTS that ends up in the extreme total loss category, bent frame that can not drive and has ultmate damage. you get what you pay for, but its a loan and will allow us to do an autopsy and not have to worry about putting everything back together right. but if it can be a long term loan and the power train deleivers power to the drive wheel, then we have our dummy dyno car

And who says paying all those premiums doesnt get you anywhere, our family has been with them longer then i have been around.

down side we have to put down a deposit on the car until its return, this is also insurance for them the car will not be rebuilt or driven. lol its kinda like putting up bail.

special thanks to the inspector keeping a look out
Old Dec 6, 2007, 06:49 PM
Former Sponsor

Project Smart Burn is a good and looking for volunteers in TORONTO CANADA
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=311833

Last edited by evo_soul; Dec 6, 2007 at 07:30 PM.
Old Dec 6, 2007, 07:15 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i would volunteer buttttttttt there is this distance problem LOL good luck finding a volunteer..
Old Dec 6, 2007, 07:27 PM
Evolving Member

Where are you at Evo Soul?
Old Dec 6, 2007, 07:29 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

he lives in canada... see evo soul.. if u lived in az u could possibly have 2 volunteers for ur project
Old Dec 7, 2007, 01:01 PM

more than two ;-)
Old Dec 7, 2007, 02:05 PM

We'll I'm in Edmonton but that's still way too far.