Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

Swapping '03 Evo Powertrain/Drivetrain Into '03 Lancer ES?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2010, 02:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Swapping '03 Evo Powertrain/Drivetrain Into '03 Lancer ES?

Hello everyone, I've had my lancer for a while and am getting pretty bored of the wimpy 4g94 in it. I've been thinking about doing this for a while and wanted to know if it was possible before going any further with the idea.

So from what I've heard around the internet, it IS apparently possible to swap the 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Powertrain AND Drivetrain into the 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer ES? Coul someone confirm this?

Also, what all is needed to do the swap?

I know would need:

--------

The '03 Evo Engine/Transmission Axles Etc.

'03 evo ECU

FMIC / piping from the evo.. Would it fit into the lancer's engine bay? would the fmic be able to fit with the lancer's stock bumper? I'm assuming the piping would since the 03 lancer and 03 evo are the same Chassis correct? But I'm assuming I would need an aftermarket front bumper for the fmic.

Turbo / Manifolds / bpv / mas / o2 housing / etc.

Motor Mounts? Would my lancer need any custom motor mounts? Or are the mounts the 4g94 uses, the same as the '03 Evo's 4g63t?

Will anything additional need to be done to the chassis to handle the large amount of extra power?

---------------

Another thing I heard was that the 4g63t from the 03' evo can bolt to the 4g94's transmission? Is this true or false? It would be pretty interesting to have a 4g63t powered fwd lancer, lol.

Anyways, If you could give me any insight into the subject I would really appreciate it. I'm really interested in doing this and have the funds / resources available to do it. It's just the research I've got to do now.

If any of what I listed above is incorrect, please feel free to correct me!

Thanks!

Oh, also... I could have sworn I saw a guy on the forums from a long time ago convert a wrecked 03 lancer into an evo? If you could link me to the post that would really help =)
Old Mar 10, 2010, 06:54 PM
JRR
Evolved Member

it can be done but by time you figure in time and money spent, BUY THE EVO if you want awd.

look in my sig for what fits and dont fit from our cars to the evo

josh
Old Mar 10, 2010, 07:25 PM

Excellent info JRR. Thank you. Still looking for more input as well from other members who have knowledge on the subject. I understand that anything can be done with the time and the money, well I have it and just need the knowledge now.

More input please!
Old Mar 10, 2010, 07:36 PM
JRR
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Braydo25
Excellent info JRR. Thank you. Still looking for more input as well from other members who have knowledge on the subject. I understand that anything can be done with the time and the money, well I have it and just need the knowledge now.

More input please!
what do you have?
Old Mar 10, 2010, 09:11 PM

I'm confused as to what your asking? What do I have as in, money? parts? knowledge? or?
Old Mar 10, 2010, 09:16 PM
JRR
Evolved Member

time and money i see you have right?
Old Mar 10, 2010, 10:17 PM
JRR
Evolved Member

o and the other thing that most people will say is to use the search button before posting something like this.

this swap that you are thinking of doing is going to very very involved and the 4g63 will not just drop right in.

all the ic pipes and the i cwill fit on the lancer with the stock bumper and hood but the front crash beam and rollers will have to be removed.

the trans WILL NOT bolt up. most people are doing a 4g64 swap(and there are 2 very well documented swaps here on evom) and then using lancer gears but the g64 bell housing because it is out of an eclipse.
Old Mar 10, 2010, 10:32 PM

Yes, I have money. I somewhat have time.

I'll post an official thread if this actually end up happening =)
Old Mar 29, 2010, 03:43 AM

why on earth would anyone want to do this? just buy a used evo for ~15k and be done with it. i am SURE that it would cost at least this much to convert a lancer into an evo (and maybe thousands more, who knows...) and at the end you will still have a hacked mess of an abortion on your hands that wouldn't probably be fun or even safe to drive...