Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

NA 4B11 Engine mods

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2012, 08:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Marshall5
Well I haven't been back because I don't own the car anymore. Flipped it head over heels then barrel rolled the car, not sure how many complete flips I did from within inside the car.

I never even got scratched. All the air bags went off around the ceiling and I was wearing my seatbelt, so it didn't detect enough forward impact to deploy the steering wheel bag, which is good; I didn't need it obviously so, I didn't get whacked it the face by it for nothing. It felt like I crashed a rally car in a roll cage with a harness on. I mean I jumped a dirt mound going about 50mph, came down crooked on the nose, which sent it into an off-camber flip, then it barrel rolled flipping from side to side. When it stopped, the engine was still running, and the cart was on the driver door. Do I had to do a push-up out of the passenger side door then jump down off the car. Everyone thought I was dead. I can confirm this vehicle will probably save your life when some other vehicles may have killed me in such a crash.

Well hate to say it. But I won't buy another of these. I would have turned around that day and bought another, but after driving it, the CVT made me mad at it. I can say, "I hate CVTs".
If they had an outlander sport with a v6, 250HP stock, manual trans... Well then I mine as well buy the EVO. But now that the cars gone I can say, for the off road and on road abilities of the car, it is far under-powered. Getting on the highway entrance, every car on the road could hold me behind them if they wanted, because I felt like the gas pedal did very little! I went for a sport SUV domestic with a bigger v6 engine and more passing power. I no long drive across country, so I went for less fuel mileage, but more ability for personal trips and off roading. Great looks and safety while it lasted!
Everyone wants more power, but you probably would have been going faster in that accident if you had it... Out of curiosity what exactly triggered the accident anyways? Glad to hear you escaped unscathed, hope I never have to test that out in any of my cars.

I agree that they could stand to just use the 2.4L 4B12 engine in the Outlander Sport and stick with the 2.4L 4B12 and 3.0L v6 in the Outlander and still have a balanced product offering. MPG might go down slightly but they could probably still be within 1-2 MPG with the larger engine and everyone would stop complaining about the lack of power. Honestly it amounts to a very small difference to other Sport crossovers considering the power to weight ratio is similar because of it's lower weigh but a nice Ralliart turbo engine version that had some towing capacity would sell like hot cakes. :P
Old Sep 4, 2012, 02:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/la...on-system.html