Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

What did you do to your Lancer today

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2016, 10:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
and I also started on repairing the accolade jdm evo9 rear bumper that got damaged back in feburary. yes those are zipties. the 3 on plate area will be covered my my plates but
top ill have painted yellow . thy are going to be holding that mesh inplace permantly

Old Jul 2, 2016, 09:45 PM

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts
I started on a drivetrain rebuild for my OZ. some stuff, like the throttle body and cruise control and whatnot, will have to be changed over to the "new" motor, but that will come in due time. Currently working on the transmission and have finished the valve body. I pulled it off once I pulled the engine back in April and haven't had a chance to clean it yet. New o-rings and an idler thingy (can't remember what that black spring-loaded piece is) later, I'm ready to get into the rest of the transmission. Maybe the weather will let me get into it on Monday. Pictures below, but I didn't get the picture of the finished job.

OH! If ANYONE knows ANYTHING about the REGULATOR VALVE in the valve body for the F4A42 transmission, I would love to save a trip to the dealer. I moved mine around while trying to get it out to check the fit. All the valves in that portion of the valve body were fine, which is good, but it irked my nerve to accidentally mess up the only thing my manual doesn't cover. :angry:

Before cleaning

Also before cleaning

Fully broken down on the front segment. Back segment didn't get a picture because I was too busy trying not to scratch the mating surface while making my best attempt to get the regulator valve retainer out. More pictures later, For sure.

Front segment after new O-rings in the solenoids and valves were cleaned up. Solenoids aren't in in the picture, but good care was taken to put each one in its original position. This was fun. Carb cleaner in my eye at one point, but praise God that it didn't mess my eye up, just dried it out for a while, even with a good flush. Does Lasic surgery fix that?
Old Jul 4, 2016, 08:31 AM

Took some time yesterday while it wasn't raining or overcast (thank you, Lord!) to separate everything on the spare drivetrain. Got the motor off the transmission, torque converter out of the bell housing, and even the head off of the block. Mic'd the cylinders and got exactly 81.5 everywhere I checked. Ordered the rebuild kit and found out that I can save $80 by returning the overhaul kit I have. Anyone who needs a rebuilt 4G94 after I finish this, just let me know, I'll be able to do it for you, maybe ship it, too. PM me (gotta advertise whenever I can haha)

I'm not certain about the condition of the torque converter. It's a little rusted on the surface and has a MIG weld around the seam. Looks like balance weights have also been tacked along one side of it. Does anyone know if this is okay? I'm considering buying a new one, but if this one is good, I'd be fine not replacing it. Thanks in advance.

Everything looks shoddy, I know, but I am trying to move to a shed. Until then, everything is covered by a carpenter bag and then the motor has a tarp over it, on top of that. More pictures as I go, this is a fun build, but working out on a trailer to split the stuff apart killed my back. Probably just going to take it easy for the rest of the day. (Probably not, I'm too eager to get this done.)

Last edited by CJBarker2; Jul 4, 2016 at 08:36 AM. Reason: Pictures didn't post.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 04:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Got my Evo x valve cover and spark plug cover powder coated and decided to engrave the ets logo in it
Old Jul 20, 2016, 07:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi I need help with this. I bought an aftermarket dashkit and got fed up cause it didn't fit properly so decided to go with the OEM. my problem is that there are small gaps around my screen and I want to know if anyone can help me with sealing the gaps. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Kevin

Old Jul 23, 2016, 11:26 PM
Evolved Member

Engraved the ETS logo in my spark plug cover, using my homemade cnc

Last edited by 02modlanceroz; Jul 23, 2016 at 11:32 PM.
Old Jul 23, 2016, 11:34 PM
Evolved Member

Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your Lancer today-photo87.jpg   What did you do to your Lancer today-photo983.jpg   What did you do to your Lancer today-photo885.jpg  
Old Aug 14, 2016, 01:30 PM

I went to the junkyard and came up on a ralliARt that someone has just stolen the alternator off of. I'm broke and just finished the rebuild on my 4G94. Man, that burned my butt. Everything was still there.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 07:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by kjocson18
Hi I need help with this. I bought an aftermarket dashkit and got fed up cause it didn't fit properly so decided to go with the OEM. my problem is that there are small gaps around my screen and I want to know if anyone can help me with sealing the gaps. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Kevin

Look for a universal dash trim for the Evo x. It fits the same. Should be on amazon.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 01:55 PM

What's up guys! I hope sometimes I will have an EVO, but for now only right-handed 2003 Lancer 9. Just trying to keep it in a good fit.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 02:06 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Washed it
Old Oct 11, 2016, 07:25 AM

Continue to film everything about my 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer 9.
This time, just routine air filters replacement.

Old Oct 15, 2016, 12:47 PM
Evolved Member

Made a couple spark plug covers for the Evo X
Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your Lancer today-photo858.jpg  

Last edited by 02modlanceroz; Oct 15, 2016 at 01:52 PM.
Old Oct 15, 2016, 12:49 PM
Evolved Member

Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your Lancer today-photo241.jpg  

Last edited by 02modlanceroz; Oct 15, 2016 at 01:51 PM.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 12:15 PM

Decided to check in again today.

Got the last few pieces together for my transmission to go back together and into the car again. Family friend has a bunch of scrap from a recent trailer demolition laying around. Looking into aero mods for once the tranny gets straightened out.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Lancer today