Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

What did you do to your Lancer today

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2016, 03:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CJBarker2
Oh, man, that sucks! I haven't had that kind of sour luck yet, knock on wood, but I know that has to hurt. Have you got the seats in yet? I'm new to the forums and haven't read through this one, so forgive me if I'm asking you to reiterate.
Not yet, but once I have test fitted the seat rails I'll be able to establish if the EVO Recaros will fit. From what I have been told by others it should be a direct swap.
Old Jun 19, 2016, 09:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brand new to this site. Nice stuff fellas. Here is mine

Work in progress
Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your Lancer today-1466353645711-1796707000.jpg  
Old Jun 20, 2016, 12:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Old Jun 24, 2016, 03:10 PM
Evolved Member

i had to wait for adjuster to come by before I made any other temp repairs to the car. now that he left and cut me a pissy $950 to fix all damage,took off my headlight and found this damage

that money wont be enough to replace headlamps, fenders, paint/body..
Old Jun 24, 2016, 03:23 PM
Evolved Member

i called him back and declined to proceed with any of the repairs and return the check as i wont be cashing it out due to this damage
Old Jun 24, 2016, 09:01 PM
Evolved Member

cleaned the old rrm bumper I had in storage , since mounted on car, now is clean and spotless... except for damage. used dollar store degreser, megulars wash/wax and quick detailer on whole car

Old Jun 26, 2016, 06:30 PM

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by OZR_Lancer
cleaned the old rrm bumper I had in storage , since mounted on car, now is clean and spotless... except for damage. used dollar store degreser, megulars wash/wax and quick detailer on whole car

I just signed in to check this thread and found this. That looks pitiful, man, the frame damage that you found. $950 will barely cut the price on purchase and (maybe) paint for that bumper that got trashed. That really sucks, bro. All in all, the car looks pretty good to have been "bumped" so hard.

I hit up the drag strip this past Thursday. Wound up running without an oil cap and losing a crapload of power on acceleration. Barely ran 12.5 in 1/8 mile. Replaced the oil cap and the car ran like normal, no apparent damage from super-low oil pressure, praise the Lord! I did put more thought to a ram air intake scoop and a set of extractors because of that. It was fun, first time ever going, let alone running. Definitely trying to go again this week if I can. Found an oil leak that was probably antagonized by mistakenly running synthetic oil on this past change. If it gets to be too big of an issue, I'll drop the pan and replace both pans and replace the gaskets. A little Lucas never hurt, right? Haha

Added a picture of the placement on extractor vents. Pulled them from a junked '04 Lancer ES. Looked like they would be perfect and stand out from everyone else's, should I find someone with an Evo or what have you. Any ideas? This won't be the final placement, but it will be close. I'm going to do the scoop over the intake air box before I do this so that I know where they need to be in order to remain symmetrical on the hood. Crookedness and asymmetry bother me a lot.
Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your Lancer today-image.jpeg  
The following users liked this post:
OZR_Lancer (Jun 28, 2016)
Old Jun 27, 2016, 08:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What's the best intake to get for my 2015 lancer gt 2.4l autotranss
Old Jun 28, 2016, 12:13 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BertoB1990
What's the best intake to get for my 2015 lancer gt 2.4l autotranss
should ask this in a separate thread

google search is your friend and not hard. found one in less that 5 seconds loll

> http://www.aemintakes.com/search/pro...x?prod=21-778C

I got one for my lancer. a 03 and just didn't use lower section... only upper part mattered for me as it has the carb eq on it
Old Jun 28, 2016, 12:21 AM
Evolved Member

well no totaling out of the car , the insur just wont do it , even with the extra check I got for the frame damage behind headlight isn't enough. I cant even collect money from him cause my insur said I have to pay back what they give me witch is bs.. so I'm gona have to get a lawyer now to see what my rights are in this case agains the driver that shouldn't of been driving and owner of the van...

so with that extra check, I had to get 2 new tires today as fronts were about to pop just like the last one. had no choice tread seperation was happening...

so with that ****ty $960 check, I'm going to , call me stupid, and repair that front bumper. tomorrow, going to pepboys and get fiberglass mat, resin, hardner to do the work.. and for headlights I had to duct tape the back as it was cracked in 3 spots but still turns on lol. so until I can get rest of whats owed from that !@$% driver and owner, I'm going to install my piaa 510's as extra lighting lol
Old Jun 28, 2016, 12:29 AM
Evolved Member

here is a before and after of the car... sad isn't it....

Old Jun 28, 2016, 08:36 AM

Working on re-installing my exhaust pipe where I swapped it out for the drag strip last week. Gotta get it straight this time where the idiots who put the resonator in couldn't manage.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by OZR_Lancer
i had to wait for adjuster to come by before I made any other temp repairs to the car. now that he left and cut me a pissy $950 to fix all damage,took off my headlight and found this damage

that money wont be enough to replace headlamps, fenders, paint/body..
Man, that looks rough. If you're careful enough, you might be able to fix that with a rag, a prybar, a rubber mallet, and a lot of patience. It hurts to look at that bracket knowing that it's the frame/body that's been damaged. At least she's not totaled!
The following users liked this post:
OZR_Lancer (Jun 28, 2016)
Old Jun 28, 2016, 10:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CJBarker2
Man, that looks rough. If you're careful enough, you might be able to fix that with a rag, a prybar, a rubber mallet, and a lot of patience. It hurts to look at that bracket knowing that it's the frame/body that's been damaged. At least she's not totaled!
good point.. I'm going to attempt that tomorrow
Old Jun 29, 2016, 03:34 PM
Evolved Member

I took some mesh and formed it to match other side and clamped it down inplace. I zip tied 2 spots to hold it in while it dries and going to
lay more glass over backside and bondo it etc.. once its done you wont see the zip tie at all

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Lancer today