Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

How To: DRL's and HID's

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2014, 02:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok so i have HIDs and wiring harness installed as normal, but how do i either remove the factory drl, or have the drl on with no flicker? please help
Old Feb 26, 2015, 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by peanutboylancer
ok so i have HIDs and wiring harness installed as normal, but how do i either remove the factory drl, or have the drl on with no flicker? please help
This will remove factory drl
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2008-09-10-L...-/170932772421
Old Mar 25, 2015, 09:19 AM

Hey can anybody please help me?

I bought the Morimoto H7 Elite HID set from TRS:
(2) XB35 Ballasts
(2) XB AMP Igniters
(2) H7 XB 5500K Bulbs
(1) HD Relay Harness
(1) Anti-Flicker Capacitor Link
http://www.theretrofitsource.com/hid...l#.VRLLlfzF_oY

Reason I have H7 lights is because I have Spyder Projector Headlights:
http://www.spyderauto.com/product.ph...RL-BK&t=spyder

After installing the Morimoto kit, HID lights work perfect when the car is off. But as soon as I turn on the car and the DRL's are active, the relay starts buzzing. It stops buzzing if I turn the light switch fully on, but the HID's don't turn on.

I figured maybe the Capacitor (that I bought extra with the kit) was not doing its job or maybe faulty. So I purchased jRox's harness hoping this should eliminate any DRL issues. I just installed it exactly to the instructions, and it is doing the exact same. HID's work perfect when the engine is off, but when the car is turned on and the light switch is in either posistion 0 or 1 the relay buzzes.

Any suggestions? Any ideas why this might be happening? I drive a 2013 Lancer GT AWC.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 03:06 AM

I bought a set from DDM tuning with 55w ballasts and same thing with their relay, I used CANBUS ballasts 35w and works perfect with no extra wiring needed. LightDepot.ca which is on Sheppard at Brimley sells these for 80$ cash which is where I got mine and no issues and even keep the DRL.

Last edited by rmorris003; Mar 26, 2015 at 04:01 AM.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by rmorris003
I bought a set from DDM tuning with 55w ballasts and same thing with their relay, I used CANBUS ballasts 35w and works perfect with no extra wiring needed. LightDepot.ca which is on Sheppard at Brimley sells these for 80$ cash which is where I got mine and no issues and even keep the DRL.
Thanks for the (local) tip. I fixed my problem yesterday actually. The Lancer's OEM connector is 9006, but for my Spyder headlights it was changed to H7 a while back.
So once getting the HID kit, it had to be converted back to a 9006 connector. Turns out the guy who put on the connector wired it backwards

So thankfully I for whatever reason decided to try flipping around just that connection only, and presto...everything works perfect. Should have just did it all myself from start to finish.

I actually recommend the JROX harness, because then your HID lights aren't on 24/7 reducing their lifespan. And for me, my headlights have a LED strip and Halo ring built in so really didn't want the DRL to take away from the look during the day.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 08:07 AM

Good to hear you figured it out. I had ordered a harness from eBay that has the bypass removable which finally came in today but my brother inlaw said to just get the canbus ballasts because it fixed his Escape so now I don't need it or my 55w ballasts I don't mind the lights being on all the time either.

Last edited by rmorris003; Mar 27, 2015 at 08:14 AM.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by RuCAS
Thanks for the (local) tip. I fixed my problem yesterday actually. The Lancer's OEM connector is 9006, but for my Spyder headlights it was changed to H7 a while back.
So once getting the HID kit, it had to be converted back to a 9006 connector. Turns out the guy who put on the connector wired it backwards

So thankfully I for whatever reason decided to try flipping around just that connection only, and presto...everything works perfect. Should have just did it all myself from start to finish.

I actually recommend the JROX harness, because then your HID lights aren't on 24/7 reducing their lifespan. And for me, my headlights have a LED strip and Halo ring built in so really didn't want the DRL to take away from the look during the day.

Hey I have the same type of headlights. They are now H7s from 9006. I had a drl bypass for my 9006 oem headlights. But now I'm trying to figure out how do I install the drl bypass on H7 headlights. Any idea?
Old Nov 9, 2016, 02:49 PM

How do i cut my DRLs completely without any harneses