Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

2011 Lancer GTS

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2010, 09:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2011 Lancer GTS

Hi, I'm looking at buying a '11 Lancer GTS 5spd for a DD its one of the car on my list just wanted to know how you guys like the car ?? I know the older models had bad wind noise, weak doors, and rear paint chipping problems anyone know if mitsu fixed these issues on the '11 models ?? Is this car easy/comfortable to drive everyday ?? I like driving cars that not everyone and their mom drives that's why I'm leaning more towards the lancer plus they're pretty rare to see where I live I dunno if that's a good thing lol I've probably seen only 1 on the street ever since they first came out in '08. I'm new to this forum set-up a lot of threads that link to other threads that link back to threads so plz bear with me lol.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 10:41 PM
Evolved Member

I love my car and its a 08 model. Not sure about mitsu fixing those problems as I havnt taken a look at the newer years to be honest, but it is very comfortable as a daily drive and when tuned has a bit of bite. For instance I once took it on a 6 hour road trip and didnt feel one bit tired. Also the reason I bought it is because I wouldnt see them around too much lol.
Old Nov 13, 2010, 02:59 PM

How many miles do you have on yours ?? Any problems with your lancer yet ?? Thanks for the reply.
Old Nov 14, 2010, 12:01 AM
Evolved Member

The only factory defect so far is the fail bearing failure. Otherwise nothing I wasnt responsible for lol. About 40 000km
Old Nov 14, 2010, 11:41 AM

Cool sounds good are you the only person here who drives a GTS ?? LOL wanted some more opinions but 1 is better then none. Thanks a lot for the info you've been very helpful.
Old Nov 14, 2010, 11:50 AM
Evolved Member

Lol who knows. Maybe all the other guys died or something lol
Old Nov 14, 2010, 12:20 PM

I have a 09 GTS and love it. No problems at all. A couple things I didnt like: the stock tires are crap(needed to replace them pretty quick (35,000), I find the doors are really light, with they were heavier, no exaust noise (can be fixed with an exaust), wheel gap is huge(drop it on springs or coilovers to fix that), the safety key for the lug locks broke on me(get other ones), otherwise I love it. the RF system is great, love the sunroof, its peppy and love the GTS rims. Lots of room for a turbo if you get sick of the slow.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 05:53 AM
Evolved Member

i have an 08 with 61k on it. still love it even though it is a little slow at times. the megan suspension upgrade def makes the car feel great.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 09:25 AM

I have a 2010 GTS sportback. The paint is ****, which is really my only complaint. If you want something with more speed and want to stick in the same price range I would go with an Si as you will never make the GTS fast unless you dump some serious cash into it.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 03:05 PM

The Civic SI was on my list but I just see them so much on the street that I don't really want to own one lol I'm building a weekend car right now so having a fast car is not really my concern I just need something I can drive year round all season and is faster then a corolla. Thanks for the input everyone keep'em comin !!
Old Nov 16, 2010, 11:40 PM
Evolving Member

>faster then a corolla.

Last I read the Corolla is actually faster than the lancer. Embarrassing right? But I could be mistaken.
Old Nov 17, 2010, 07:51 PM

The new 09+ XRS corolla runs low 16's the lancer gts not much better runs high 15's and my sister drives a 09 corolla s so that's why I'm staying away from that car. My main choice was a civic si sedan so easy to make 240whp with cams, type r intake manifold and a tune only not bad for a 4cyl sedan that also gets good mpg also.
Old Nov 18, 2010, 06:08 AM

Well some of what you just stated on the si is only half the story. I traded in the 07 si for the gts because the car was the biggest piece of crap I have ever driven. The transmission has known problems for stock drivers so if you think droping that kinda equipment in the si is a good idea, good luck. Mag warranty act aside it will void the warranty as Honda will stated the car is not designed for the power. The interior sucks, tire wear problems, worse paint then the gts and a god awful trans. Im not sure why I didn't say this before but now I did lol. Btw on my droid so excuse any spelling problems.
Old Nov 18, 2010, 02:44 PM

The 240whp claim was what I read on import tuner mag and their dyno results after the upgrade with stock exhaust, air filter, and exhaust manifold. I can scan the article if people think I'm full of it.. My co-worker drives and 08 si and he hasn't had any complaints his has 110k on the clock at the moment their engines responds well to mods from what I hear but when I drove a stock si sedan I liked it better then the gts I just hate the civics front dash so wide and long makes me feel like I'm driving a beetle but like I've said before everybody and their mom where I live drive a civic. If I can find a good deal on a 11" gts I'll prob pick it up for now I play the waiting game.
Old Nov 19, 2010, 08:43 AM

Noone said you can't, just good luck getting Honda to cover the warranty when/if you mod. If your friend has 0 complaints about the civic si then he is either very lucky to get one with a good trans or does not know what a real stick should feel like so he's used to it. Lookup the civic problems on 8thcivic
com and see how happy they are to be picketing outside dealerships trying to get a trans covered under warranty.

Quick Reply: 2011 Lancer GTS